The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Nice shave Dave! I have not seen the roller guards for the vintage Gillettes, but that looks like a pretty neat razor! Have a good one today!

Thursday August 13, 2020
Razor: ADC Razor W/Roller Guard Baseplate
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: TTFFC Chieftain
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla
Aftershave 2: TTFFC Chieftain
Fragrance: Ferrari Scuderia Black

Long overdue to use this soap sent to me generously by Todd @elmerPHuD Nice smokey scent with a sweetness to it. No longer available accept by a sample from what I see. He included the Splash which when I put on thought this has a greasy to tacky feeling and was concerned but man it absorbed in really nice and feels great right now. We'll see how it does in the humidity of the work day today. Thanks Todd !! The ABC razor felt smooth on 1 side and rough on the other. It may be the blade I took out of my Fatboy. The Roller Guard makes these Old Type Gillette's comfortable and usable for me. Nice glass shave. Ready for the day after some more coffee. Have a Tremendous Day Cadre !!
View attachment 32445
Nice looking shave Dave... Need to ask.... ttffc is? More acronym's to deal with here than I have at work! LOL

Back