The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bourbon Country Shave Journal - Dave in KY

Tuesday March 3, 2020
2020 Shave # 66 ( 484 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: "The Challenge" Razor/Vector
Blade: N/A and Proline (2)
Brush: Stuart Maggards Synthetic
Soap: Central Texas Mr. Pepper
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods

In preparation for my razors coming home soon, I thought I should try again with some I had gotten from CBL's yard sale. I got a good shave from The Challenge Razor the first time I used it but not since. Got the 1st pass with it done and started pass 2 but it was feeling tuggy. Switched to my WECK Sextoblade but........................wait for it @GearNoir I used it WITHOUT the guard to do pass 2. 3 pass for clean up was the Vector. Feeling smooth but we'll see if it lasts or if I need another shave this evening to clean up for services. Mr. Pepper is a fun scent for sure but maybe wasn't the best base for my slow straight passes as it was drying out on me some. Still an enjoyable shave with good results and no blood so I'll take it as a win. Have a Stellar Day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200303_062425008.jpg

Glad to see you prepping for the return of your razors.
I'll be heading out soon. They are all back in their respective containers. Believe it or not, I haven't opened up your package yet. Saving that for this evening. Also have another package from Canada to open. Prolly the start off my video tonight will be a quick opening 'O' parcels. Then on to the removal of whiskers.
Wife likes your brush BTW.
Fluffy

Glad to see you prepping for the return of your razors.
I'll be heading out soon. They are all back in their respective containers. Believe it or not, I haven't opened up your package yet. Saving that for this evening. Also have another package from Canada to open. Prolly the start off my video tonight will be a quick opening 'O' parcels. Then on to the removal of whiskers.
Wife likes your brush BTW.
Fluffy
Tell her thanks (y)

2 For Tuesday Shave
Tuesday March 3, 2020
2020 Shave # 67 ( 484 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Ocaam Hiram Plate 2
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Noble Otter Flying Hide
Aftershave 2: Clubman Whiskey Woods

Needed a 2 pass xtg and atg and got a DFS but can't seem to get a BBS even with going over and over places even though others love it, this razor has got to go for me. Flying Hide is a great leather forward scent but according to there website they did a 2nd run and will never do anymore so WHO CARES. What is it with soap makers that get a great scent and don't continue to make it available when people want it. Especially one that is hit or miss on scents from my experience....................Oh well. Off my soap box. Have a great evening folks !!
IMG_20200303_164453761.jpg

Wednesday March 4, 2020
2020 Shave # 68 ( 485 Consecutive Shaves )
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: ????
Brush: Stirling Badger Fan
Soap: A&E Cafe au Lait
Aftershave 2: Skin Bracer

3rd shave in 24 hours and got a BBS+++++++++++++++++ Take that you Nurse Dolphins
1583324529194.png

The Cafe au Lait is a chocolaty Coffee scent and whipped up a typical A&E lather that got swiped off the face with my Gillette Red Tip. Amazing shave in closeness and comfort considering number of and spacing of recent shaves. It's a new month and the beginning of the route schedule. I hit it extremely hard Monday and should continue the progress but my heart isn't in it today. I'll mosey out of the door soon...............................well eventually and get a lot some work done. Have a great day Cadre !!!
IMG_20200303_225031071 (1).jpg
IMG_20200304_064115050.jpg

Back