The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo game #62 - Sumo Bingo

Honestly.....I kept looking for words that were in japanese since nearly every call on my card is in japanese. I assumed they were all the names of the wrestlers. Plus I figured KJ was punishing me for not originally thinking I could play this game before my vacation started.

Hang on.......Am I supposed to be translating "calls" into japanese???? I'm not sure that's fair to those of us that can barely speak english.
No, not at all. you shouldn't need to translate anything. I didn't translate anything to make the calls.
Honestly.....I kept looking for words that were in japanese since nearly every call on my card is in japanese.
As the rules stated, all you need to look for is the " " to identify calls.

The "frontal thrust out" is a finishing move that uses hand thrusts and slaps to force the opponent out of the ring without maintaining any contact with the opponent.

1721237707853.png

"This Japanese wrestler," finished the last tournament with an 11-4 record, resulting in a promotion to from West Ozeki to East Ozeki. He was previously known as Kotonowaka, and before that Kotokamatani. The tradition of ring names (Shikona) in sumo dates back to the Edo period, where they were used as a means to attract customers and hide the identities of the wrestlers (rikishi). Wrestlers occasionally change their ring names in an effort to improve their luck, reinvigorate themselves, or for other personal reasons.

1721332522548.png

The sound of these "wooden sticks" is unmistakable. They are clapped by the yobidashi (usher or announcer) to draw the spectator's attention.

Last edited:
Well I am completely lost on this game as after I found out I didnt know what I was doing with the way call are made for this game it now looks like NO call is even near my card.... Maybe at some point I will find a call on my card before the game is over.....

Back