The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #44 : Battleship x Bingo

TSC bingo is a serious matter. While I am not a patient person. I appreciate the fact that you are giving it the thoughtfulness it deserves. I trust this will lead to a well-planned and executed game and that everyone has fun with even though I'll win.
Take your meds Dave. Your forgot again… and you have become…

So I slept on it and decided that we’ll keep the original start date for the first calls of October 17th.
1664993258411.png1664993280970.png
Eric wins the prize for the earliest wielding of the pitchforks!
and don’t think I can run a bingo game and be on call at the same time
Dude.... you're not even the one making the calls!!!
1664993461014.png
To address @Spider concerns about the number of players,
Wasn't a concern at all, just an observation.

1664993607825.png

1664994242779.gif
So I think I hit on a good concept here based on the excitement and chatter so far.

1664993280970.png

Eric wins the prize for the earliest wielding of the pitchforks!
As I said above, it’s impossible to avoid the pitchforks as the caller, so I’m going to take this as a badge of honor (even though somebody is going to write back and tell me that it’s not.)

Dude.... you're not even the one making the calls!!!
1664993461014.png

I would say that I am the Bingo Wizard
1664994745317.gif
I’m trying to help you @Spider
This time around I don’t say the calls, but I’m here to ensure that the game is being run on the level and is being played fair.

Plus I will send out the prizes at the end…

@EMG06 all I ask is to just let me know when to post my pick/ or whatever for the day and I shall do it.. So when is this thing starting then ??

Ok folks. I will be sending out cards tonight! Plan your strategy and position your fleet.

As a reminder:
As in any game of Battleship, you must place 3 ships on the card:
  1. Battleship (covers 4 squares)
  2. Submarine (covers 3 squares)
  3. Destroyer (covers 2 squares)
Battleships and Destroyers can only be placed in a row or column (no diagonals):
2E388198-5123-4C97-9740-EF6D7917C5AE.jpeg

Submarines can be placed in a row, column, or on a diagonal:
C93E5B5D-2833-4BEF-A437-FD358A75180F.jpeg

2 Ships cannot be placed on the same square.

If done properly 9 squares will be covered by a ship and 16 squares will remain uncovered.
As below:
AF173E6A-C1E9-454F-8220-511E869BEF5B.jpeg

Once you have decided where to put your ships, you must send me a copy of your sheet BEFORE OCTOBER 17th with those spaces marked so I can keep track of everyone’s gameplay.

We still have cards, if others are on the fence and want to join in the fun!

Okay I have a question. I don't know if it's been asked or answered or not but here goes... Are all of our cards numbered the same for this "new type" of game ? The reason I ask is because when we are making our calls will we be picking from the same numbers as on our cards or are they all numbered differently, and if they are differently numbered are we going to know the range for each letter IE. B is 1 -10 and I is 11 -20 and so on or whatever the values are... I hope I was clear with that question and that it makes sense ...

Okay, Yhank you.. I will have to look up the number range in Bingo because I don't personally know what the range is for each letter.. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my query. Thank you.

Okay, Yhank you.. I will have to look up the number range in Bingo because I don't personally know what the range is for each letter.. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my query. Thank you.
They go by 15s. B 1-15, I16-30 and so on

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my query. Thank you.
Happy to clarify. This is a new type of game for all of us, so please keep the questions coming! I want everyone to feel like they understand the gameplay I have in mind before we get started so nobody loses because they didn’t understand the rules.

I just thought of a problem bigger than anything that’s come up yet. If we’re the ones making the calls, what will be base all our insults to the bingo master on?

I just thought of a problem bigger than anything that’s come up yet. If we’re the ones making the calls, what will be base all our insults to the bingo master on?
When we miss our timeframe, he makes calls for us. That is the time we break out the pitchforks.

Because he’s the one making us do this! Sicko…probably enjoy watching people argue over bingo calls. 😜

Yes, @Spider seems to have had a similar thought way back at post #12
What he's really hoping is a game where nobody gets angry towards the current Bingo Wizard....

When we miss our timeframe, he makes calls for us. That is the time we break out the pitchforks.
Yeah, especially since that call list is already made (I ran a game and copied down all the numbers). So I will literally just pick the next number off of that list that hasn’t been called yet. You might sink your own ship by letting me call for you!

Many pitchforks will be waved that day, I can assure you all.

Back