The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #44 : Battleship x Bingo

CALLER: EMG06

1. GearNoir
2. Heysi
3. Spider
4. NurseDave
5. Jaro1069
6. BarberDave
7. Fenster
8. Scuttlesoap

"punctuation.......... Is, overrated!, and if you cannot figure it out then......

you is a doofus

One last question. Let's say Dave is set too be the last official call of the day. If he was to get his last ship sunk in the calls before his on that day, would his call be void?

CALLER: EMG06

1. GearNoir
2. Heysi
3. Spider
4. NurseDave
5. Jaro1069
6. BarberDave
7. Fenster
8. Scuttlesoap
9. Quijote

One last question. Let's say Dave is set too be the last official call of the day. If he was to get his last ship sunk in the calls before his on that day, would his call be void?
Have you not watched any of the movies? Once the missles are launched, they can not be recalled.

9 players. 9 calls per day. This is going to be a short game! No more than 9 days. Even shorter if a few more sign up.

9 hits for a kill...... I'd say we could have people out by day 3!

KJ has access to military intel equipment.

Ooh, hadn’t thought of that scenario. I’m going to say it’s like a table top game where every player puts in their move and then all “action” happens simultaneously. Then we pick up the pieces and see where everyone is at before the next round of shots is fired.

So yeah like @NurseDave said
Once the missles are launched, they can not be recalled.

**** There is one big caveat to all of this, if it comes down to the last 2 players, I will not let it end in a tie or MAD situation with two losers. At this point we will consider who fired first to determine a winner****

Thinking through gameplay, there is a ton of strategy that could be employed by calling, but thinking through the logistics of having at least 9 callers, all of that strategy could be rendered futile really quick. I'm excited to see how all this plays out. I say we bump up the game start to next week! I don't want to wait until the 17th....

Is there more than 1 Battleship movie? Is it possible that Rihanna’s acting could carry this franchise into a sequel!?!?
Heh, I haven't actually watched that. I meant any one of the generic usually submarine movies where there is a battle about firing weapons with minimal knowledge. Love those.

9 hits for a kill...... I'd say we could have people out by day 3!
Especially if some of you start working together behind the scenes.

In thinking about this, I’m going to clarify an earlier statement.
At the end of each day, I will post up a picture of everyone’s cards with the hits/misses marked.
I will do this, but I’m going to keep the players anonymous (so you’ll see Card No. but not who it belongs to) and I will use a random number generator to determine which card you are sent (so you can’t assume that Card 1 is Gear, etc.). Please feel free to scheme and share this information with each other behind the scenes if you so choose, but I don’t want overt ganging up on one player or another.

I'm excited to see how all this plays out. I say we bump up the game start to next week! I don't want to wait until the 17th....
What do others say? If everyone gets their cards back to me in time we could move the start date up a week to October 10th.

I would want a broad consensus on this from the 9 players currently signed up

Back