The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #38 - The Hunt for the White Whale

Ship log Day 5:
Stuck in a windless patch of the mid-Atlantic today. The only thing to do is to stare at the water. Sometimes one thinks it is even possible to imagine that you see things swimming by under the surface of the sea.

IMG_3518.png

IMG_3519.png

IMG_3520.png

IMG_3521.png

IMG_3522.png

IMG_3523.png

5 calls today, all posted.

Starbuck (aka Eric the Bingo Wizard)

So for the weekend, I plan on making 5 new calls on Saturday. Sunday there will be no new calls, but I will post spoilers for all the puzzles that I’ve set so far. No straight recap, sorry. As always reach out to me for help or clarification on any of my calls and I’ll be happy to help!

Ok. Time for another personal interlude. I included the skull as a nod to my professional life. I’m a medical doctor who sub-specializes in Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention. So I really do spend most of my day looking at a computer screen with images of bones/joints/muscles on x-ray, ultrasound, CT, and MRI. I typically get to perform a few image guided procedures throughout the day as well, most of which are “cortisone” injections into painful joints. Another big component of my day is teaching medical students, radiology residents, and my fellow. I love all elements of my job and feel very honored to have the privilege of taking care of somebody, even if they don’t know I exist (or think that their orthopedist is the one who made that subtle finding on their MRI).

Ok. Time for another personal interlude. I included the skull as a nod to my professional life. I’m a medical doctor who sub-specializes in Musculoskeletal Imaging and Intervention. So I really do spend most of my day looking at a computer screen with images of bones/joints/muscles on x-ray, ultrasound, CT, and MRI. I typically get to perform a few image guided procedures throughout the day as well, most of which are “cortisone” injections into painful joints. Another big component of my day is teaching medical students, radiology residents, and my fellow. I love all elements of my job and feel very honored to have the privilege of taking care of somebody, even if they don’t know I exist (or think that their orthopedist is the one who made that subtle finding on their MRI).
Ok, I have a question (actually first a statement - thank you for doing what you do!)

Ok, onto the question. Does this guy have to go to the nurse? Is it serious?

1641601496487.jpeg

1641601596693.gif

Ok, I have a question (actually first a statement - thank you for doing what you do!)

Ok, onto the question. Does this guy have to go to the nurse? Is it serious?

View attachment 72573

View attachment 72574
Let me first not violate the TOU by saying that my interpretation of the film on the B&M Hallows soap lid is not a medical opinion nor is it intended as medical advice.
1. There is no cervical spine I see on that image, so this is a decapitated head (so yeah kinda serious but maybe not for the reason you thought).
2. The screw and nail might be in the skull or could just be laying on the x-ray plate; impossible to tell without a second view perpendicular to this one.

Last edited:
Let me first not violate the TOU by saying that my interpretation of the film on the B&M Hallows soap lid is not a medical opinion nor is it intended as medical advice.
1. There is no cervical spine I see on that image, so this is a decapitated head (so yeah kinda serious but maybe not. For the reason you thought).
2. The screw and nail might be in the skull or could just be laying on the x-ray plate; impossible to tell without a second view perpendicular to this one.

1641606775405.gif

Ship log Day 6: Ships these days have the strangest names. For example the list of ships we encountered today:

yEti Sight Ox

teenS ivy SOx

wIntery ToFu

BeniN

TofFy twiG

Five calls, all posted

Starbuck (aka A Bitching Weird Zero)

Back