The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo Game #38 - The Hunt for the White Whale

Ok, just spoke with Captain Ahab. He promises to make an appearance tomorrow, and has said there will be a break from the puzzles for day or 2.
My friend - don’t change the game - it is our job to gripe at the Bingo Wizard - puzzle away 😂

Ok, just spoke with Captain Ahab. He promises to make an appearance tomorrow, and has said there will be a break from the puzzles for day or 2.
Woohooo! Magic eye day!

Ship log Day 4: We are two days out of sight of land.

Captain Ahab made his first appearance to
While this behavior is not to my liking58,
the crew today. He walked from his cabin,
as the first mate, I18 must hold my tongue.
nailed a golden Ecuadorian doubloon to
Nothing I29 can do at the moment is
the mast, and promised prizes to anyone
goinG51 to change our present course of
in the crew who could get a whale.
action. I23 will pray on it.
4C380DF0-2AE1-4EFC-B264-CDDD19F818AF.jpeg

Five calls today, all posted.

Starbuck (aka Eric the Bingo Wizard)

Last edited:
My good sir, you have posted the same call twice. And while I would like to take credit for it twice, it only appears once on my card and does not help with my hunt.

The list of Ahab’s cryptic clues to the prizes is as follows:
  1. “A soap for Custom suits,” The drone said.
  2. A soap hides itself away for Sundae, Monday, any day really
  3. Bostonian tries to order modern classic James Bond Cocktails instead of soap
  4. Bro hems awkwardly about smoking or nonsmoking choice while shaving with this soap
  5. Grant gives no guarantees about this soap
  6. Hi mama! Confusingly shouted the soap.
  7. Talk radio frequency discusses a headless hazelnut shaving soap
  8. Mixed French soaps
  9. Soap found in an operatic Barber’s Milieu
  10. Soap I first learned about from Matt in Sunday School on February 16th
  11. The infernal place adds zero new souls when someone is using this shaving soap
  12. Westley Ryan Cummerbund’s secret soap
Remember each prize is a new unused soap from CBL, Barrister and Mann, Declaration Grooming, or Noble Otter. These clues are cryptically referring to the name of each soap (each is a current production soap as of December 2021). Feel free to puzzle them out, so that when it’s your turn to pick a prize you get something you want. Unlike the daily clues, I will not help you decipher these cryptic clues if you email me, other than to give you all this link (Reintroducing The New Yorker’s Cryptic Crossword) and tell you that the word “soap” is always the straight part of the clue. Good luck.

Sadly today was a good day that counted for zilch. I have 6 marks on my card, but still only one counts.

Back