The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bath soap, shampoo, etc. of the day

A few days ago I started a new Stirling Texas on Fire bar soap. I have to say it’s enough different than the shaving soap that I won’t get it again. Instead of smoke I get a wet bark smell. Like walking through a forest on a trail that’s mostly degrading bark and you get that wet muddy wood scent. Not bad, but not what I was looking for.

A few days ago I started a new Stirling Texas on Fire bar soap. I have to say it’s enough different than the shaving soap that I won’t get it again. Instead of smoke I get a wet bark smell. Like walking through a forest on a trail that’s mostly degrading bark and you get that wet muddy wood scent. Not bad, but not what I was looking for.
You sure it's the soap.........................just asking. I have Stirling MITA and Gatlinburg in the shower right now.

Ive never thought that Stirling bath soaps are as good or as strong as the shave soaps. I think the scent of the bar soap base really interferes with the scents.

I kinda like the liquid soap Piacenza I got right after the release. I don’t have it as a shave soap (yet) but got it as something spouse unit might like. Turns out she has a vast amount of sauces marinades and other whatnots she already uses and barely touches it, so I took it to my bathroom and it performs pretty good.

H
You sure it's the soap.........................just asking. I have Stirling MITA and Gatlinburg in the shower right now.
Hey Dave is the Gatlinburg like the soap? Because it has to be one of my favs!

Got these samples from SV with my recent order.

9952BAAB-1D14-4A8B-85FC-B3E6604FF9D9.jpeg

Micronized? Is that even a word? lol. I’m not a shower gel guy, so I’d never buy these, but not going to let the samples go to waste either.
I used the Almond first, smelled very almondy, like marzipan. The sample lasted 2 showers. My skin really did feel nice and smooth after using it.
Currently using the Coconut, and it smells like..... coconut, go figure. Similar feeling. A good shower gel.

Except, now I’m trying to figure out what Icelandic Volcanic Sand smells like!!!! I guess I’ll find out in a couple days.

Lately have been using Stirling, good value. Found that the scents are light but not a deal breaker for me. Just finished off Pharoh's Dreamsicle last night and will be cueing up Almond Creme this evening

Back in the day my grandpa would wash his hands in gasoline after working on a car to cut through the grease.

Back in the day my grandpa would wash his hands in gasoline after working on a car to cut through the grease.
i had to use gasoline to wash an oil based paint of my hands after painting a big entryway gate with my older brother when we were kids. even that only helped a little!

Back