The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bath soap, shampoo, etc. of the day

Due to size being a sliver
<< insert post where KJ explains how he's frugal and puts all this small soaps into a container and uses it to bathe rescues wildebeests >>
No, but when my soap gets to be a sliver, I just place it on top of the next bar of soap. If they are both wet, they will join together nicely. That sliver will then get used up during the next shower. No waste!

I can not abide by this soap mating unless the scents are similar or complimentary.

Forgot to post this yesterday. Changed out the soap.

Rocky peaks and tree-studded paths smell of freedom and promise. A whiff of campfire on the breeze, the scent of pine and cool stone clear your head. There’s a little wet earth from recent rains...but not enough to leave a trace. When you’re on the run from life, the best place to hide is always up the mountain.

Yes, you’ve reached your hideaway.

And here at your mountain refuge, you’re free.

950DF85A-2DAE-4EB8-BD5D-B6B65ABC0501.jpeg

Noticed in the local Ace Hardware there's a Duke Cannon display. Almost got a brick of their Buffalo Trace soap but $10....... Really? For 1 bar of soap?

Har har har, Was hoping someone would tell me it last long enough to wash all whole herd of Buffalo..........
I broke down some time ago and bought a bar of their Beer soap. Love the scent, wish it were available in a shave soap.

Alas no, it is nothing too special in that department. Of course, it's a big brick. Without looking at the bar, I'd guess probably 1.5 times a typical bar of soap? Still, it rinses away as fast as any other hand soap. Of course, unless you park a soapbar in a shower or somewhere that gets a lot of splash, they do last a while.

Wish I could shave with the dang thing. Ooh well.

Have been working thru a bar of Sudsy Soapery Lavender Bath Soap. I like to rotate Bath Soap much like Shave Soaps as it keeps things interesting as to not get tired of a particular scent. Doesn't lather as quickly as Stirling, Razorock, or Siliski Soaps but I have learned to slow down and enjoy the finer things of life.

FYI, my 3017 of Mountain Hideout is still going strong!

1579633963684.png

1579634001023.png

Everyday is the same, for body and hair:

1579644124915.png

I understand this stuff is shaveable too, though I've not tried it.

Back