The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bath soap, shampoo, etc. of the day

I'm very boring. Same soap for bath and shampoo. Same soap year in year out. Zzzz.
139608c54f8fc31823bc883fee561f82.jpg

I'm very boring. Same soap for bath and shampoo. Same soap year in year out. Zzzz.
139608c54f8fc31823bc883fee561f82.jpg
I was a "whatever is on sale in the biggest bottle" kinda guy for a loooooong time. Just recently I saw the light and realized that I enjoy all the varied scents in shave soap, why not enjoy the same in the bath soap. The only bummer is it's totally impractical to do anything but 3017 a bar soap. WAIT A MINUTE!!! I DO 3017!!!!! Check that out @Dave in KY!

I was a "whatever is on sale in the biggest bottle" kinda guy for a loooooong time. Just recently I saw the light and realized that I enjoy all the varied scents in shave soap, why not enjoy the same in the bath soap. The only bummer is it's totally impractical to do anything but 3017 a bar soap. WAIT A MINUTE!!! I DO 3017!!!!! Check that out @Dave in KY!
Hey me too.........although sometimes I cheat and use the Irish Spring....

I'm very boring.
Me too. Unless it’s been a particularly hard day, I only shower every other morning and Sunday; I get a pretty decent enough freshener during my daily shave otherwise. When showering, just May Kay body wash and Head n Shoulders for me.

20200114_220201.jpg
Brown bar is oatmeal bath soap I recieved from John @The Monkey as part of my Rudolph gift

Yellowish bar is a fresh sharp dressed man scented Stirling shampoo bar

In the ceramic dish is 1 stick or arko mixed with 3 bars of neutrogena face wash bars for my face washing soap. That brush was a bit to springy for my liking but that's just fine in the shower so it lives there now.

I actually love the oatmeal goats milk soap. I hope it is working out for you.
Its fantastic! The oats mixed in are great for making you feel that little bit extra clean from the scrubbing.

Edit: if I could get I bar of Stirling's coconut lime with some grit and a bit of menthol that's probably be the absolute perfect shower bar since I shower in the morning 99% of the time, but yeah I'm loving this oatmeal goat's milk soap

I generally have 2 bar soaps going at once, because just like my shave, I like to have options every morning.

Right now it's:
RazoRock Artisan Bath Bar Soap Cube - XXX
RazoRock Artisan Bar Soap - Sensitive Skin With Aloe

Actually this is an exciting time. One more day maybe and it's time to toss it and start something new!

Back