The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bath soap of the week....

It says it's a 4 month supply? How do they know how much butter you use? We use a LOT of butter!
I should have used better phrasing - says Irish butter on the label - I would imagine the duration of how long it lasts depends on if you just use it for cooking - or if your throw in a bar or two into the bath tub to give your skin that silky smooth feel 😂

Not just any butter my friend - but a 4 month supply of Irish Butter - says so on the label 😂

It says it's a 4 month supply? How do they know how much butter you use? We use a LOT of butter!
Costco usually runs a sale once a year around November on Kerrygold. Yeah, I buy a year's worth of butter at one time. Of course somehow that six month supply only lasts me about eight or nine months for some reason. So every year I buy more. And every year I come up short. I eat a lot of butter.

I think butter and Crisco
Butter yes...Crisco...absolutely not! The only fats allowed in my house are Natural Animal fats (tallow, lard, etc), cocount, olive, and avocado. Palm oil too. And that's because my wife likes to use shortening in her pastries and I have convinced her to use a palm oil shortening (sustainably harvested of course) instead of crisco. My thoughts on the matter is that if it wasn't a food 200 years ago...I probably shouldn't eat it. Okay, I will admit, I use sesame oil from time to time but just in limited amounts.

I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to butter. I'll use a cheaper butter for the likes of baking. But if it is going to touch my taste buds directly, it's got to be quality. Kerrygold is my go to. Costco has their own "Kerrygold" now. It's a butter made from 95% grass fed dairy from Neww Zealand. It's pretty darn good. Oh...and if it isn't salted...it's not butter.
=EVIL..... it's basically plastic.
It's worse than plastic...

If you guys hadn't seen it before...here is a pretty good history of Crisco. Also to bring the thread back around...there is something in there about bath soap too.

Back