The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bath soap of the week....

They smell of coconut is kind of apparent but its definitely not like malibu.
I used the SV coconut oil vegan bar yesterday. On refection, The fragrance is not really what i would connect to as coconut scent sniffing off the bar. Maybe its a batch issue or age, but both bars smell the same off the sniff test. Maybe its a type of coconut scent i am not familiar with as i am no coconut expert.

The lather and feel was really nice if you like the richness component, really luxurious. Definitely not an uber sweet tropical scent off the lather, but not super faint scent of whatever it is. Its not as powerful a scent as the scrub bar fragrance.

Did I mention that I really like this Stirling Candy cane scent? Oh, Man...next year I am getting this in the shave soap too!

I used the SV coconut oil vegan bar yesterday. On refection, The fragrance is not really what i would connect to as coconut scent sniffing off the bar. Maybe its a batch issue or age, but both bars smell the same off the sniff test. Maybe its a type of coconut scent i am not familiar with as i am no coconut expert.

The lather and feel was really nice if you like the richness component, really luxurious. Definitely not an uber sweet tropical scent off the lather, but not super faint scent of whatever it is. Its not as powerful a scent as the scrub bar fragrance.
Forgot to update. The next day i used the SV olive oil coconut bar and it was also really nice in similar ways, but i think round 1 goes to vegan formula.

Last couple days i’ve been killing a bar of cbl frosted eucalyptus. Not as sharp as I expected for a eucalyptus note but the frosted portion maybe rounds out the scent, i feel a strong fir vibe though.

Today, post run shower I enjoyed Cbl's orange dirt soap. Definitely clean after using it. Nice tdh scent and not too drying a feel off either cbl so far.

Still working on my bar of Stirling Candy Cane. Though it is going quick right now.

Stopped in my local Lidl and saw 3 additional bath bars I hadn’t seen before. Ive seen/used the african black soap and really enjoyed it. Big bar about ~$4.

These three are made in france soaps.

Un Coin de Provence $1.30 for 100g
Scents in Olive, Cannele orange, patchouli.

Labels are hard to read but there is definitely some stuff in them. Shea butter, sunflower seed oil, rosemary extract among other ingredients.

5709F331-07C9-439F-B55F-2BF3CCC18071.jpeg

First up is the patchouli scent

Last edited:
Back