The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Nice job, Babba-Dabbid. What's this strange concept of "left over bits of soap" that you reference? Sensible people fully 3017 their soaps.

I am equally perplexed by this secret codex or language known at 3-0-1-7 it seems blasphemous in nature :D
Would you believe I ...throw soap away when I get bored with it or have something new to play with. I know, I know, that’s almost as bad as actually finishing a soap but if 2020 has taught me nothing it is that life is too short to play with boring soaps ...and eventually my wife will find all my hiding spots, so I must ensure I keep only what is worth hiding.

Would you believe I ...throw soap away when I get bored with it or have something new to play with. ...
PlasticBaggyAmericanredsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Would you believe I ...throw soap away when I get bored with it or have something new to play with. I know, I know, that’s almost as bad as actually finishing a soap but if 2020 has taught me nothing it is that life is too short to play with boring soaps ...and eventually my wife will find all my hiding spots, so I must ensure I keep only what is worth hiding.
What about PIFs ... soap swaps ... Pass-around donations... Handsoap use?

There's always another way Chris. The poor victims err, soaps. 🤣

Nice Shave Dave, yep that's a WR Case made razor. Case had a very similar razor in their line up around that time too, it was called "Case's Ace". It also had a metal emblem on the scales and a similar blued tang. Neither of the below pictures are mine (both stolen from web) but just used to show the similarities. These would both have been made in the same factory by the same guys as your Genco.

1608582259307.png

1608582279080.png

Nice start to the week, Dave. 🕺
Thanks Sir Adam of the Poople
Nice Shave Dave, yep that's a WR Case made razor. Case had a very similar razor in their line up around that time too, it was called "Case's Ace". It also had a metal emblem on the scales and a similar blued tang. Neither of the below pictures are mine (both stolen from web) but just used to show the similarities. These would both have been made in the same factory by the same guys as your Genco.

View attachment 43111

View attachment 43112
So awesome Thanks!

Thanks Don, It only took 6 months to get LOL, but if you remember back to the BB days I always pined over one, and finally decided to pull the Stupid trigger, and boy was it worth it. Best overall brush in the stable

Back