The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

10 November 2020
Ethos Greenfresh
@Dragonsbeard

That was a good video & take on Greenfresh by Ethos Grooming. To me though, that green/lemongrass type scent you're getting is actually the cucumber emulsion that Ethos uses in their base. To me it gives that refreshing green fruit type vibe. Along with the spearmint it's an excellent combo of aromas that invigorates one during their shave regime.

Again, thanks for the video......(y)

Thanks @BarberDave for the video review and I’m glad you enjoyed the Greenfresh. As Gus mentioned the Cucumber adds to the green note you were getting. Also as Gus mentioned I used Cucumber Hydrosol instead of water in the soap formula to begin infusing the scent and then added a actual Vegan Cucumber fruit emulsion as I found it had a better sent than any Cucumber aromatic fragrance oils or aroma chemicals I sampled. So 100% organic aroma and I agree with your nose in the soap the Lemongrass is what pops out first to my nose as well.
😊👍🏼

Victory Shaving Company
TSC/CEC Tough Ombres
@Victory~Dale

Great review Dave!

I was smelling the soap trying to piece out what I smelled. I wrote up a whole description which I was going to post with my maiden voyage tomorrow.

You are absolutely right. Definitely a fig leaf heavy scent, with the lime playing second string and the other notes (juniper and cedar) as backup. Infact, I didn't smell the bitter notes of juniper off the top of the tub. It's more like a lime candy (to me) at that point. The drydown is definitely where I picked up the cedar notes.

I love soaps that evolve as you progress through the shave. They are dynamic and keep the experience exciting. I hope more jump on this, especially considering we have the opportunity to raise money for a really good cause. [emoji106]

Thanks for putting this together guys (and @Victory~Dale )!

Nice job, Babba-Dabbid. What's this strange concept of "left over bits of soap" that you reference? Sensible people fully 3017 their soaps.

Nice job, Babba-Dabbid. What's this strange concept of "left over bits of soap" that you reference? Sensible people fully 3017 their soaps.
I am equally perplexed by this secret codex or language known at 3-0-1-7 it seems blasphemous in nature :D

Back