The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Great sales pitch in the SV 70th. Love their packaging and now you’ve got me SV curious. Sounds like a good company and great product. Another thing to add to the AD list!

Great sales pitch in the SV 70th. Love their packaging and now you’ve got me SV curious. Sounds like a good company and great product. Another thing to add to the AD list!
I order it direct from SV but Bullgoose Shaving just down the coast from you carries it

Still need to take a serious try with an SV soap. Honestly I know it is the price that keeps me away, but that is a silly excuse as I will spend more on other products collectively. Maybe soon!

Still need to take a serious try with an SV soap. Honestly I know it is the price that keeps me away, but that is a silly excuse as I will spend more on other products collectively. Maybe soon!
As long as this stuff lasts should negate any cost issues, LOL

GEEZE Water issues, computer issues, I actually did this shave early this morning and It just finished rendering........ Well OK I screwed up the 1st one....... and the 2nd.... That was in 3D and finally the third one took. So here is my shave from 3.22.2019..... in the morning... LOL - Good night

Nice shave Dave! Bollocks indeed!

Two questions Mr Ambassador:

As an introduction to SV, and likely only purchase for a while, if looking for a fresh scent, would 70th be the best option of the collection?

Any issues with those tins crusting up/degrading?

Nice shave Dave and Opuntia is on my radar for sure (y)

You will Love it
You need it bad!

YUP
Troublemaker
Would you expect anything else??
Nice shave Dave! Bollocks indeed!

Two questions Mr Ambassador:

As an introduction to SV, and likely only purchase for a while, if looking for a fresh scent, would 70th be the best option of the collection?

Any issues with those tins crusting up/degrading?
Wow That is a toughie while 70th is a great intro, the same could be said for all the flavors. I would go to the website and look at the scent pyramid ( located after going into each soap) and find what is in your wheelhouse. All the formualry are good and will give a tremendous shave. The current in Beta 4.3 but I do not see a huge difference in any of them just a bit better post shave, but there is not a bad one in the lot. For me Cosmo is the least favorite, but still in my top 20 overall.

As to the tins, they are a thin aluminum and if dropped can get chingered up, but will not break or degrade, but they are thin. They also have alternative soap containers, and matching brushes that are pretty classy. They have also brought back the round wooded container as well. Exciting news is they are coming out with a limited edition DE that looks incredible.

Hope that helps

Back