The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

You will Love it

YUP

Would you expect anything else??

Wow That is a toughie while 70th is a great intro, the same could be said for all the flavors. I would go to the website and look at the scent pyramid ( located after going into each soap) and find what is in your wheelhouse. All the formualry are good and will give a tremendous shave. The current in Beta 4.3 but I do not see a huge difference in any of them just a bit better post shave, but there is not a bad one in the lot. For me Cosmo is the least favorite, but still in my top 20 overall.

As to the tins, they are a thin aluminum and if dropped can get chingered up, but will not break or degrade, but they are thin. They also have alternative soap containers, and matching brushes that are pretty classy. They have also brought back the round wooded container as well. Exciting news is they are coming out with a limited edition DE that looks incredible.

Hope that helps
Great help, thank you good sir.

Nice one Dave! Lots of folks seem to start or circle back around to Chimensch’s video. He’s got such an effortless style to his SR shave; great video.

I just thought. Are you a Bay Rum fan? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you use or talk about a Bay Rum yet.

Nice one Dave! Lots of folks seem to start or circle back around to Chimensch’s video. He’s got such an effortless style to his SR shave; great video.

I just thought. Are you a Bay Rum fan? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you use or talk about a Bay Rum yet.
Thanks Chris, I have only one Ogallala BR Lime & peppercorn, I have wanted to try Dominica and Royall, but the Dominica is almost umobtanium and I dont like it enough to buy the Royall, LOL plus living in AZ there is a very short window to use it without it becoming a cloying mess, LOL

Thanks Chris, I have only one Ogallala BR Lime & peppercorn, I have wanted to try Dominica and Royall, but the Dominica is almost umobtanium and I dont like it enough to buy the Royall, LOL plus living in AZ there is a very short window to use it without it becoming a cloying mess, LOL

I'm a huge fan of the Dominica myself...and it does suck that it is nearly impossible to get. I have the Grand Bay Bay Rum and it is ALMOST like and as good as the Dominica. Just a thought.

And seriously...you guys thinking that Bay Rum aftershave is for cooler weather. Come on dudes! It was made by pirates that floated around in the Caribbean where it is hot almost year round. Bay Rum is a summer scent!

I'm a huge fan of the Dominica myself...and it does suck that it is nearly impossible to get. I have the Grand Bay Bay Rum and it is ALMOST like and as good as the Dominica. Just a thought.

And seriously...you guys thinking that Bay Rum aftershave is for cooler weather. Come on dudes! It was made by pirates that floated around in the Caribbean where it is hot almost year round. Bay Rum is a summer scent!
And can you imagined how they smelled LOL. Salt , Rum, BO, parrot dung, damp wood, and Bay Rhum. Now there is a fragrance. Ooohhh

Bay Rum...... almost as good as Aqua Velva for covering up the scent of horse sweat & sin.....

Pewter is an interesting choice of material to use. But that Palladium coating will keep it super nice!

Awesome first impressions and shave with the Cubebe Dave! 70th dethroned? Say it ain’t so!

How fun to be at the forefront of a new release like that! Happy for you brotha!

Back