The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

A beautiful razor indeed!

A Speick frag?! Awesome! I’m sure it’s probably light, but how’s the longevity?

A beautiful razor indeed!

A Speick frag?! Awesome! I’m sure it’s probably light, but how’s the longevity?
Thanks Chris, ans surprisingly it is not Initial Drydown is slower that expected with the Lemongrass and petitgrain holding on for about an hour and then the Speick florals and PAtchouli ( although just used as a carrier I think) stay around and nice whiffs throughout the day some 7 hrs later and even the lemongrass teases a bit as well. Very impressed and would be a good "Go to Work frag" plus one of the few frags that is good for your skin

no Video here today due to Workshop video
is

Yea, I’d think like most things in this hobby, ya got to give it a fair couple full-hearted tries before saying “nope”. Good job Dave!

I would think the scent and oils etc are permeated throughout the soap so I'm not concerned about that myself. That said, I'm with you that this ain't for me at all. Nice shave Dave as always !

Shave and Review of Ethos/CBL Fresh Lime

Full Comprehensive Written Review Here:

Blam! That's the type of scent strength I'm lookin' for!

Just now catching up on your past videos and your CBL/ETHOS review. Awesome stuff Dave! I'm not shocked the Fresh Lime soap and sfs exceeded expectations though. ETHOS and CBL are the only soaps (of the ones I have tried) that have gotten above 23/25 (on my own scoring system). I can only imagine, for now at least, what those two artisans can do together! I am really pumped to get my hands on the set now!

Back