The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Shave and Review of Ethos/CBL Fresh Lime

Full Comprehensive Written Review Here:

Dave
Thank you for the detailed review of Chris’s and my collaboration. It was fun throwing ideas at each other on what we thought we should add to both these two products. Also just so you and anyone reading this post the slight sentiment that settles on the bottom is my fault. I’ve not used the WS 12 in a product up till adding it to my Unscented Skin Food splash along with the Lime EO/fragrance blend. So bottom line is that there’s not enough alcohol in the Skin Food Splash to break down the powder into a clear liquid so what I’ll have to do on the next batch which I’ve already tested is mix the WS 12 with just the Alcohol first and then add all my other ingredients and the issue will be corrected. I mean it’s just esthetics as it doesn’t change the performance. A couple of shakes of the bottle and it becomes more blended temporarily until it settles again which takes an hour or so. I discovered how to clarify the powder while developing my upcoming Ice Dragon - liquid Ice. Also you handle that Str8 like a pro!

Thank you Dave!

Dave
Thank you for the detailed review of Chris’s and my collaboration. It was fun throwing ideas at each other on what we thought we should add to both these two products. Also just so you and anyone reading this post the slight sentiment that settles on the bottom is my fault. I’ve not used the WS 12 in a product up till adding it to my Unscented Skin Food splash along with the Lime EO/fragrance blend. So bottom line is that there’s not enough alcohol in the Skin Food Splash to break down the powder into a clear liquid so what I’ll have to do on the next batch which I’ve already tested is mix the WS 12 with just the Alcohol first and then add all my other ingredients and the issue will be corrected. I mean it’s just esthetics as it doesn’t change the performance. A couple of shakes of the bottle and it becomes more blended temporarily until it settles again which takes an hour or so. I discovered how to clarify the powder while developing my upcoming Ice Dragon - liquid Ice. Also you handle that Str8 like a pro!

Thank you Dave!
My pleasure Frank you have a real winner with both products and to be on the same track, and grabbing a gear and passing Speick as far as a nourishing skin aftershave is no small task and I don’t give that distinction lightly. So fantastic job to both of you @Dragonsbeard @CBLindsay

Dave I used SV for years and I think I’ve got about 4 of their shave soaps! My 2 personal favorites are the Felice Aromatica and Colonia scent as I’m a big fan of Acqua di Parma and have a few of their colognes. I’m fact I’ll be launching a Itaia Collection in the near future. I’m honored that ETHOS is mentioned in the same sentence with SV and PannaCrema. Another of my go to Shave soaps. Another excellent review. An I love my British Aristocrat 1st Gen #15

When I'm not on the porch hiding from the wife's Hallmark movies :unsure:
Each one is very different from the previous ones. Sometimes the guy wears a blue shirt, maybe a green one in the next movie and a checkered red one 3 movies later. The variety in stunning!

Each one is very different from the previous ones. Sometimes the guy wears a blue shirt, maybe a green one in the next movie and a checkered red one 3 movies later. The variety in stunning!
I tell my wife they always breakup 15 minutes before the end and then 5 minutes before it's done, they profess their undying love.............

Just catching up on your videos Dave and thank you for doing those. I have been looking at SV and PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa. The only thing holding me back is the lighter scents of SV and the non matching aftershave splash for Nuavia Rossa. However you may have just pushed me over the edge to get them. Awesome videos Dave!

Back