The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Love the Alien figure...much better than a certain someone’s strange human figure things...
24E69FC7-5C22-40FD-886B-6E274B562AF4.gif
:ROFLMAO:

Date: 07.13.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1760 ( on hold )
Razor: Blackland Vector / Feather Pro Guard (2)
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks TSC 1st Avnniversary / two-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: CBL Soaps / Ethos Fresh Lime
Aftershave: Ethos Fresh Lime Skinfood Splash
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Royall Lyme Cologne

Not much to say about this shave other than DSBBS (20/20). This combo is as close to perfection in a shave without adding a Straight Razor. I continue to say it, but the Best, and most realistic lime scent on the market. Of course the Vector, as usual, is on point, and @Smattayu Sorentino Brushes are again perfection. Great way to start the day.

Set-up:

PfTGMnAh.jpg
Video:

The whole visual experience is great with contacts. I got some samples of bifocal lenses but had comfort issues after a rather short (~2-3 hours) dryness and itching. The Barber Museum in Columbus is closed due to Covid Concerns and had gone to a visit by appointment only prior to that. I have been wanting to get over there to do a video tour. Life keeps getting in the way.

Date: 07.14.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761
Razor: Thiers - Issard "la legende" 1884
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks Corleone / Synth
Shave Soap: PdP #63
Aftershave: PdP #63 Balm
Talc: Proraso
Fragrance: Pitralon

Video Journal Today

Date: 07.15.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Razor: Feather ASd2 / Feather (6)
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks Corleone / Synth
Shave Soap: PdP #63
Aftershave: PdP #63 Balm
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Elixir

The PdP was so good yesterday I did it again today, Smooth, silky and DSBBS. Feather firiing on all cylinders and the Elixir was Fantastice

PVsUzBfh.jpg

Date: 07.16.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Razor: King Gillette / Astra SP (4)
Brush: WCS Honeycomb / 2-band silvertip
Shave Soap: TOB's Luxury Shave Cream
Aftershave: TOB's Luxury Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: TOB's Luxury Cologne

An Oldie, and A Goodie. As I was taking a quick inventory of soaps in my soap locker I thought...... ( a scary thing )..... That maybe I should do "Shelf Shaves" I will elaborate..... I have two areas where I house the current inventory of some 500 or so shaving soaps. Some are in the Master Bathroom, of which many have been "appropriated" by the "demon" and the rest are either under the sink in my shave den, or in Soap Locker. This locker has 9 shelves that measure about 20 inches deep and about 2 feet wide and is where the majority of the current "in use", and are categorized by Tier or by maker ( yest @CBLSoap.com has an entire shelf to itself. Anyway the lower shelves being the higher tier soaps,one ones that I do not reach for often, the seasonal ones I don't have under the sink. and Shave Sticks. Along with various aftershaves, frags, and so forth that I dont have room for in the hutch or above the toilet cabinetry.

We start on Shelf #1 the highest shelf with this archived cream that is almost gone and is still a good performer, Probably my favorite of the TOB's line. Super easy to lather, soap is a match to the Cologne, and aftershave and all goodness.

3-passes today and DSBBS as the King went about his business. After shaving with the ASD2 for a bit this seems aggressive by comparison, but delivers a great shave

Set-up:

g2auM1Zh.jpg

Date: 07.17.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Razor: Gillette Fatboy E1 / Feather Hi-Stainless (2)
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks GID Barzini / Cashmere Synth
Shave Soap: Speick Shave Stick
Aftershave: Speick Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: Speick

Shelf Shave #2 Speick Shave Stick.
A really nice shave today and the sharpness of the Feather with the fatboy on 7 made for a perfect combination, and really, there is no way a Speick shave could be anything but fantastic, especially when delivered by a Sorrentino Masterpiece

Set-Up

ruYDPaih.jpg

Date: 07.18.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Razor: Blackland Vector / Feather pro-guard (1)
Brush: Semouge 620 / 2-band boar
Shave Soap: La Toja shave Stick
Aftershave: La Toja
Fragrance: Nil

Another Shelf #1 shave... the shave sticks, and other various rarely used items. Today La Toja. Probably one of the better shave sticks out there from Spain. With good slickness and a wonderful spicy citrus fragrance. Some folks have reported some sensitivity to the soap, luckily I have good experiences with it. Shave sticks are fast, one or two swipes, a good brush ( of which the Semogue is perfect ) a bit of a damp brush and build away

A good 3-passes with the Vector and a Fresh Pro-guard. Everyone keeps telling me to try the Shick...... ah heck I can remember the ones, but I guess I should hunt for a few. It was a nice quick and easy shave this morning

Thanks for reading, Commentin, etc. I will try to get caught up on everyone's journals on my days off this week. Hope all is well with all!

kXgcsKOh.jpg

Nice shave Dave! I have been thinking of getting a shave stick for travel purposes. I like how everything was color coordinated!

Date: 07.19.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Cecil I. Baker Tribute Shave
Razor: Gillette Fatboy / Feather Hi-Stainless
Brush: Rubberset 400-4 / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Aftershave: Avon Wild Country
Fragrance: Shulton Old Spice Cologne / Creed Viking

No matter what...... vintage shaving gear outpaces, and out performs most of the new stuff each and every time. a nearly 60- year old soap, aftershave, and razor can run circles around the newest "Soap Bases", Fancy Razors", and "New Colognes, aftershaves". Harkens back to a time when we made things with Quality. Today's shave is part of my "shelf series" and a tribute to Sharon's Dad, whom all of the Old Spice and Razor belonged to, was never used all the way back to 1963 or so. The lather, scent and performance rivals my top tier elite soaps and provided a great 3-pass Shave. the fatboy did kiss me once so instead of my normal DSBBS, we will have to call it BBS. Aftershave, Cologne, and EdP, all worked in harmony after a nice cloud of talc. Great shave today!

Set-up:

V7ttHJ5h.jpg

Today's Video:

Thanks for watching, reading and commenting
Have a Great Sunday​

Back