The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Great shave! North is one of my all-time favorites! Im going to miss it when I run out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Date: 07.8.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1756 / DE Shave Today
Razor: Gillette Bristish #15 Aristocrat OC / Voskhod (2)
Brush: Paladin Chief / Blonde Badger
Shave Soap: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Aftershave: British Sterling
Talc: Penhaligon's English Fern
EdT: British Sterling

Nice shave today with some software I had not used in awhile. P&B Sprifire is a fantastic blend of AVgas, Leather, Scotch Whiskey, Tobacco, Oil , Clouds, Rain, Ozone, some Hendrick's or Boodle's and all that is wonderful about WWII aviation, The Spitfire and Flying. It does not smell like a garage, but to give an idea think of L&L Grooming Cuir et Epices. A tier 2 soap due to lack of residual slickness IMHO, however a nice soap if you get the hydration right. In keeping with the "English" theme the #15 had to make an appearance, and with the Voskhod, a nice medium-aggressive shave today. 3-passes and DSBBS, with just a bit of clean-up EF talc and the British Sterling "sweetened" the deal a bit, adding some citrus and powder to take some harshness off the soap and make it more "summery"

A liberal amount of Vasilli's of the British Sterling Cologne and off to the shop, for what proved to be a Jam packed day.

Hope you all had a good day as well.

Set-up:

gK2XzHgh.jpg

Thanks for reading, and commenting

I tried that soap. The juniper overwhelmed the other scents IMHO. Nice performance though not a keeper for me. I’m comfortable with the fact that I am becoming very picky with my soaps.
Nice read. Which is par for the course. 👍

I tried that soap. The juniper overwhelmed the other scents IMHO. Nice performance though not a keeper for me. I’m comfortable with the fact that I am becoming very picky with my soaps.
Nice read. Which is par for the course. 👍
Thanks Ken, ya it does not come out often, but mine for some reason is not Juniper forward, Thanks for reading and commenting sir

I totally forgot that I had Spitfire. I've been meaning to get the matching balm since I got it. Should be easier to get now that it's available in the US now.

Date: 07.8.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1757
Razor: Dorko 1151 6/8
Brush: Paladin Neptune Cleo / Select Badger
Shave Soap: Paladin Tobacco Road
Aftershave: Omega Aquae Serum
Talc: Penhaligon's English Fern
Fragrance:: Brut Special Reserve Cologne

Finally back to a straight shave this morning with my "grail razor". More un-obtanium today with Paladin Shave Soaps. Poor Ken at Paladin went through Hell and Back to get this soap produced, from the packaging, to the fragrance profiles, to the performance , only to be undercut, but a very devious and unscrupulous manufacturer. But in the end, his true love of brushes is what shines. This soap however was a Top tier soap in all the aspects listed above, and still a favorite although no longer.

Spices, leather and Pipe tobacco, would make one think that is is more apropos for a fall or winter shave, however the mix of fragrances make it very nice for a blistering day on the surface of the Sun, better known as Tucson. Easy to lather, superb slickness make this good for SR shaving. A bit lacking on Post Pass residual but make up for by SOS and overall performance. This coupled with Post shave Serum, and the classic that is Brut, made this a tremendous DSBBS (G) Shave

Set-up:

3RfVl6dh.jpg

Thanks for reading, commenting
Have a Nice Day​

Date: 07.10.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1758
Razor: Klas Tornblom 4/8
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks Luca Brasi / two-Band Silver Tip
Shave Soap: Paladin Natchez Trace
Aftershave: TrueFitt & Hill 1805
Talc: BoroTalco
Fragrance: N/A

Another Good Straight Razor Shave today. Continuing with a Paladin Shave Soap the Natchez Trace is a great Combo of Pine, Cedar and Bay. Woody, Cedary, Piney and clean. I know someone who would dig this scent (@NurseDave ) the Lather is as excpected for the Tornblom to race around on, all put together by one of the 1st Sorrentinos made, way back when, along with the matching scales for the razor. Truly a favorite combo @Smattayu

So normal 3-passes, was in a bit of a time crunch this morning so I did not chase, so BBS. Quick talc could and aftershave and that was it for the day.

Thanks for reading / Commenting

8E6scGHh.jpg

Date: 07.11.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1758 ( on hold)
Razor: ASD2 / Feather
Brush: Paladin
Shave Soap: Tangerine Creeper
Aftershave: Tangerine Creeper
Talc: BoroTalco
Fragrance: Royall Mandarin

Good Shave today with the creeper, short and sweet to catch up with my journal. Creepers are always a good Summer Shave, and "Harold" here likes to hold the razor

Set-up:

07.11.2020.jpg
Date: 07.12.2020 part 1 Straight Razor Shave #1760 -Night Stunt Shave @candlelightshave
Razor: Wade & Butcher 8/8 FBU Wedge
Brush: Nate Black / Silvertip
Shave Soap: GFT Eucris
Aftershave: Omega Aquae
Talc: N/A
Fragrance: Eucris

Video Stunt Shave........ Horrible results

Set-up:

Date: 07.12.2020 part 2 Straight Razor Shave #1760 ( on hold )
Razor: ASD2 / Feather (5)
Brush: Fine C-20 / Angelhair Synth
Shave Soap: Fine Italian Citrus
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa

2nd Shave of the day some 12-hrs later. Fine is just good Stuff, 3 passes DSBBS, although still some irritation for the "Death Soap" or Soap INO from the Nightshave.

Set-up:

07.12.2020.jpg

All Caught up and Thanks for reading!

Back