The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Date: 07.26.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1763
Razor: Cactus 5/8 / @uacowboy 3D printed DE
Brush: @Graydog "Tucson" / Maggards SHD Badger hybrid Fan
Shave Soap: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver
Talc: Mennen Shave Talc
Fragrance: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver EdP

Good Shave today all contained in my Vlog....

Date: 07.27.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1763 ( holding ) DE shave today
Razor: Gillette British #15 Aristocrat / Voskhod (4)
Brush: Paladin PK-47 in Jade / Badger
Shave Soap: Asylum ShaveWorks Royal Fougere
Aftershave: Asylum ShaveWorks Royal Fougere
Talc: Penhaligon's English Fern
Fragrance: Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

One of my favorite set ups and a Fougere Bomb for sure. Moslty British with a bit of California flair with the Asylum products...... I should say AZ products as they are made by WSP right down the road in Phoenix. A great homage to the older more flora fougeres of the past. Super good soap all around as the crat did its thing. 3 passes today and no residual problems from my 6-pass shave from yesterday LOL

A nice liberal splash of green goodness from the Royal and followed up by a cloudy, ferny application fo the English Fern talc, followed by an obscene amount of the English Fern Edt.....What?! I needed to use up this bottle so I could open up the next one........

Set-up:

Yrmg68v.jpg

...yes still terribly behind on all your journals and will try to get caught up as I can
Thanks for reading​

Understand, all said in jest. Watch BST's is how I acquired all mine but 1. Patience pays 👍

I know you were kidding bud, no worries. I have seen a few pop up on the BST's, but not ones I am interested in. I'm waiting to buy some colognes around black friday since there are usually deals on them.

Date: 07.28.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1764
Razor: Boker 5/8
Brush: Doug Korn D7 / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: CBL Steel Grey Fougere
Aftershave: Proraso Green
Talc: Penhaligon's English Fern
Fragrance: Van Cleef & Arpels TSAR EdP

Good Shave and Video:

Set-up:

OlnBtGU.jpg

Video:

Date: 07.29.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1764 ( holding ) DE shave today
Razor: Feather ASd2 / Voskhod (1)
Brush: Fine Accoutrements C-20 / Angel Hair Synthetic
Shave Soap: WSP Formula T Neroli
Aftershave: Omega Via Barbieri Aquae Serum
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Duke Cannon Seneca

Speed shave before heading to the shop. A new Frag to test and the WSP Neroli which I had not used in awhile. As expected the Neroli was devine, and as all WSP soaps super nice. A brand new Russian outfitted our Asian beauty today for an effortless DSBBS shave. Does require, due to it's mild nature a bit more clean up, but worth it all. The Aquae serum still IMHO remains one of the best aftershave products on the market. I will have to try the other flavors one of these days.

The star of the show today was the non-descript Target Store purchase of the Duke Cannon Seneca. To be frank, painfully so, I am somewhat of a frag snob, and would have never thought to purchase an EdP in a Target Store. How pleasantly wrong I was. for 19.99 this little powerhouse is very nice. Bergamot, Neroli and Cashmere made for a perfect addition to the Neroli soap and the Aquae. Light and summer but packs a punch. Vasilli was feeling generous today and I was in BergaNeroli heaven. Plus a part of the proceeds goes to help Veterans, so that is worth the whole enchilada

Set-up today:

FVDSUdL.jpg

Date: 07.30.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1764 ( holding ) SE shave today
Razor: BlackLand Vector / Feather Pro-Guard (3)
Brush: WSP Honeycomb Blue / Premium Fan Badger
Shave Soap: Cremo Vanilla Orchid Shave Stick
Aftershave: Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave W/Aquanaut
Talc: Prorasos
Fragrance: Cremo Blue Cedar and Cypress EdT

Another work day shave today and a new addition to the Cremo Shave, with the Cremo EdT. Another Target buy ( I had a weak moment ) and a perfect pairing to what is become a favorite, quick work day shave. Don't get me wrong the Vanilla Orchid soap does need to be worked at to get it right, but pretty darn good once you get it that way. As the Aquanaut, who now seems to be perpetually stuck at the transition layer depths looked on before he went on his "Shake up" ride later in the shave. 3-passes with the Vector with again DSBBS ( like there is any other way with the Vector ).

The star again to day was the department store shave aisle purchase, and boy is this one a Bomb. It is called an EdT, but it acts like an EdP+++++. A light Vasilli is all that is needed to clear a room, wake the wife, and anger los Gatos. it does dry down reasonably quick, once the Fire Department clears the house, to a nice creamy, woody projection that matches the soap surprisingly well. This EdT will last on your clothes for days, but in a good way. Again caution in the beginning, as NORAD did give me a rather upset call when the fragrance was detected on early warning radar, LOL.

Set-up:

LYw3BGF.jpg

Target has some real sleeper products that a lot of us wouldn't ever think about trying. Seneca is a good example. I think I have that one or the, I don't remember off the top of my head in the middle of typing up a narrative. While not my cup of tea, it smells nice.

Target has some real sleeper products that a lot of us wouldn't ever think about trying. Seneca is a good example. I think I have that one or the, I don't remember off the top of my head in the middle of typing up a narrative. While not my cup of tea, it smells nice.
Dude. You are TOO YOUNG to have a brain fart like that!

Only people my age can type stuff like that.

And don't go blaming it on over work.

Only RETIRED health care workers can brag on working doubles. (We like exaggerating how many hours we sacrificed to save lives! It makes us feel better cashing out SSDI check!)

Dude. You are TOO YOUNG to have a brain fart like that!

Only people my age can type stuff like that.

And don't go blaming it on over work.

Only RETIRED health care workers can brag on working doubles. (We like exaggerating how many hours we sacrificed to save lives! It makes us feel better cashing out SSDI check!)
It was a really rough night. Multiple MVAs, seizures, car fire, AMS, sedation.

But yeah, after KJ posted the link I was instantly reminded. :ROFLMAO:

It was a really rough night. Multiple MVAs, seizures, car fire, AMS, sedation.

But yeah, after KJ posted the link I was instantly reminded. :ROFLMAO:
Brother, trust me when I say I was DEFINITELY joking.

One of my "greatest hits" was when I was waiting on the Paramedics to show up when I had a dementia patient who decided he had to pee. He had a Foley cath.

I heard a female scream. I ran. Then I grabbed ONE glove and became a human tourniquet!

I was a legend at work and throughout the County for a while there!

How many other professions get paid to be a tourniquet?!?

Back