The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

I've got to get my hands on a puck of that vintage Old Spice soap! Great shave Dave!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Old school quality...yes please! :cool:
Old Spice, La Toja, Royal Lime. All super products. Good stuff Dave. Good luck on the auction. 2100 your time. Fingers crossed for you.

I've got to get my hands on a puck of that vintage Old Spice soap! Great shave Dave!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I agree on getting some vintage OS Soap for myself too.

Thanks All

Date: 07.20.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Razor: TSC SS / Feather Pro-Guard (1)
Brush: Sorrentino Brushworks TSC Barzini / AP Tuxedo Synth
Shave Soap: Cremo Vanilla Orchid Shave Stick
Aftershave: Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
Talc: English Fern
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion Concentre EdP

Second run with the Cremo stick and what a difference from the 1st go-round. Very water critical, but this time it was glorious. Great Cushion, Glide and Slickness and the fragrance held true throughout the shave. Also 1st shave with the TSC shavette fashioned after a Feather SS. A hybrid DE/Straight that is extremely easy to use, safe and efficient. A good three passes today, followed by a nice splash of the Nivea, a cloud of fern and some Vasilli's of the Endymion for another great shave.... Diver Dave is preferring to hang out at depth today

Set-Up:

cEsnr27h.jpg

Video:

Thanks for reading, watching, following and commenting

Date: 07.21.2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Razor: @uacowboy 3D printed DE / Voskhod (1)
Brush: @Graydog "Tucson" / Maggards SHD 2-band Badger
Shave Soap: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Talc: Proraso Rosemary/Mint
Fragrance: Nil

Couple of 1st timers today. The re-vamped Kyle printed DE ( new head cap ) and the new Tucson brush from Steve. It contains Black Walnut as a stabilizer for the Teddy Bear Cholla Cactus Skeleton from an Old Cholla that fell. Estimates on the skelelton are at least 100-150 yrs old. Very nice to have not only a piece of you property in a brush, but also a piece of history of a cactus that was here during the heyday of the Wild, Wild West. The know is basically a HMMW Badger which Maggards calls Super High Density. No matter the nomenclature it is a fantastic knot. No shedding at all both after this shave and during my 12 hour MWF break in. A bit more floppy that the SV Brush, but nearly as soft. This is a hybrid Fan/Bulb shape and boy does it splay. Still a little selfish on lather release, but that will come with time. IT is worth the 40-50 bucks for this know. in a word... ABSOLUTELY.

The rest of the shave was as expected with the SV products and the new cap on the razor made it much more forgiving leaving a nice 3-pass DSBBS shave. No fragrance today, just the intoxicating fragrance of the Opuntia aftershave.

Set-Up:

nRUB7TTh.jpg

Video:

Dave, how does the density of the Maggard knot compare to the knot SV uses for their brushes?

Dave, how does the density of the Maggard knot compare to the knot SV uses for their brushes?
Sorry John, missed this super tired lately shop has been insane.. Anyway it is very soft, not quite as soft and luxurious as the SV knot but close not quite the same back bone but worth the money. sorry I missed your question

Date: 07.21.2020 / 7/22/2020 Straight Razor Shave #1761 (Holding)
Razor: Yes
Brush: I think so
Shave Soap: A couple of different ones
Aftershave: yes
Talc: cloudt
Fragrance:Vasilli!

OK, as you can see by the fact I am WAAYYYY behind on everyone's journals including my own, things have been crazy busy... Between the Ranch Chores ( %$%^&$%# Ducks and Chickens), helping Sharon with her mom, Zoom Calls, as well as my shop being nuts busy ( in the shop by 7:00 home by 8:00 om this week ) I am barely coherent enough to type....... Anyway the past two shaves have been good, Tested the mug and lather bowl from @uacowboy with good and promising results so far, and recommendations for tweaking before going to market. Again almost nodding off I will let the photos stnad in for my verbal Journal

bWkZeoSh.jpg

Oq3icsDh.jpg

Thanks for perusing

Sorry John, missed this super tired lately shop has been insane.. Anyway it is very soft, not quite as soft and luxurious as the SV knot but close not quite the same back bone but worth the money. sorry I missed your question
No worries Dave. If the SV is an even more luxurious knot than the Maggard’s I’m even more excited the the SV/TSC Brush!

Date: 07.24.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1762
Razor: Wacker Chevalier 6/8
Brush: Shavemac Colonia No1 / 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: Acqua Di Parma
Aftershave: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
Talc: Proraso Rosemary / Mint
Fragrance: Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa

Decided on a workday Straight shave today, as 'Genesis Man" was begging to hold a straight, and who am I to question an a Razor Holder who speaks to me????? Anyway all the ADP products, although pricey are very nice, I will replace this soap as I am getting down to the end and it was worth it for the fragrance alone. The Chevalier did a nice job today skating around the face and for a nice 3-pass DSBBS shave. The Intensa, talc and Vasilli made for a spring in the step and ready for a great day Barbering.

Thanks for Reading

SWkdW5kh.jpg

Date: 07.25.2020 / Straight Razor Shave #1762 (Holding)
Razor: King Gillette DE / King Gillette (4)
Brush: Sorrentino BrushWorks TSD 1st Annv./ 2-band Silvertip
Shave Soap: Mama Bears Brute
Aftershave: Brut Classic
Talc: Borotalco
Fragrance: Brut Special Reserve Cologne

Another Quick shave today. A bit nostalgic, thinking of my father and the fact it has been 22 yrs since he passed and I remembered the house smelling like Brut or Royall Bay Rhum, or even Pierre Cardin. Anyway I had not used MB in awhile and forgot how easy/peasy a glycerin shave soap is to lather. 3 passes today and BBS with Memories of Dad and The house smelling of Brut. Too bad this fragrance is only a ghost of what it used to be when Faberge ran the house, but the special reserve is about as close as you can get and I was Febreeze liberal on the number of Vasilli's.... Enough to wake Sharon up in the other part of the house.... HEHE

Thanks for reading

1pfV49Eh.jpg

Back