The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

9CD28424-5101-45D0-A70B-2A6CB5A99DCC.jpeg
Happy Monday Folks (my Saturday #2) and Barber Errand Day!

Still warm muggy and monsoony! So a light refreshing citrus shave was in order. All lemon, lime, and juniper with the clothesline freshness of MWF

Great shave with the “Queen”, the MK*32, provided a great shave

Errands and Kona to the Vet for a follow up to his tummy probs and other than that, a few cigars’ laundry and relaxing are the orders of the day

Hope you all have a great day!

07.30.2024.jpeg
Mish Mash today for my Sunday. Sadly we do not see much play for Michelle's soaps, although she was one of the 1st Artisans out there and provides a fantastic soap, from Fragrance to lather. Please check our her site:

Shaving Soap

as she is also an artisan/ retailer here on the site.

Good shave today with the Tradere, "Ol Blue"( the TSC brush) along with Suavacito Ivory Bergamot, and Canoe..

HOMEFRONT: other that Primary voting day, not much else on the agenda

(Video Posted)

Have a Nice Tuesday Folks

AE019EA5-2972-4B61-A1F2-410DC40F0D48.jpeg
Lemongrass, lavender, lemon, and Savoy spa. Can’t get a much better shave than that lightly fragrance, but very refreshing.

Brand new blade in the Darwin ended up with a three pass DSBBS shave

As most of you are enjoying Wednesday, or hump day, I’m just starting to climb the hill for my Monday.

Hope everybody has a great day.

01 August 2024
9F61F874-B1B7-4980-B1C7-33188A53669D.jpeg
Happy Thursday folks or actually Tuesday for me, confused yet?

Got a new soap and brush in from one of my YouTube viewers so I was trying it out before I do a full review on my Sunday video.

Mountain man by Montana is a small local artisan at Missoula and this is all mountains pine all the time. Vegan soap lather extremely well and provided a very nice shave with a strength of scent in the 4.5 range.

A new feather in the vector provided a fantastic shave, followed with Proraso and Penhaligon’s sports card club which surprisingly has a ton of pine that comes out after using the soap

Hope everybody has a great day

02Aug24
Proraso
Vector
Paladin

87317D12-DD2F-43BE-AB9E-02AE9A4B69C6.jpeg
Sleep came tough last night. Could not shut off the Cabeza Computer. Probably thinking too much for having a special birthday weekend for @AvocadoQueen. Planning a few dinners and a nice night out for her birthday on the 6th

I am sure everything will come together, it always does. Anyway with just a few hrs sleep a quick, no brainer shave was in order

Quick work with the Vector and the Eucalyptus was a good wake up. Some alum, a bit of Talc and the Proraso aftershave and good to go for today. Not even a frag LOL

Have a Good Friday Folks

August 3, 2024
Jerry Stark 7/8 Ferrari concept
Matt DeRuiter F1
La Toja
Ferrari

431E0B29-097F-452E-B65A-66E2B97426C9.jpeg
Happy Saturday folks, or actually my Friday excited for the zoom call on Sunday, but wanted a quick efficient shave today

If not, use the Ferrari concept in quite a while, and I matched it with the La Toja to be Matchy Matchy

Three passes today for DSBBS. As well as some nice spritzes of the Ferrari radiant Bergamont.

Have a great Saturday folks

Filarmonica 13 JMP Doble Temple
Jequil& Corenveo "Starry Night" Synth
Montana Natural Soaps Mountain Man
Alum
Bush Klaws Pacific Prince Aftershave
Talc
Bleu de Chanel EdP

08.04.2024.jpeg
A YouTube subscriber shave from Jason Young, who was kind enough to send and ask for a review. All Amazon products minus the BdC and Razor. Surprsingly very nice stuff. A nice relaxing 3-pass DSBBS shave with a pure Pine Scent, as well as an aftershave that is akin to AV / Barbaol / Skin Bracer if they had a child. Finished off with IMHO is the Strongest Aquatic on the market. A half a spray will last for weeks and would give Polo Green a run for its money on strength and longevity.

HOMEFRONT:

Well it appears if we have solved Kona's tummy issue and Good Ol' Wile E is regular again with no pain, although he may be on prednisone for the rest of his life. A small price to pay to keep him happy and pain free. Also looking forward to a much needed Zoom call and some laundry and a cigar or two as we wait for the afternoon thunderstorms.

Praying for our members in Florida as well

(Video posted)

Have a Blessed Sunday Folks!

Blackland Osprey
Matt De Ruiter Tucson / Boar
CBL Hombres Barbershop Shave Soap / Aftershave Tonic
Alum
Quinns Cucumber Mint
Talc
Goodfellows & Co #6 Cedar & Geranium EdT

08.05.2024.jpeg

A nice shave today on "Barber Errand Day" The Original and the one that started it all. Gunsmoke, Saddle Leather, Jalapeno, Terra Cotta, dirt, Creosote. Basically Tombstone in a fragrance!

Dialed back the Osprey today to 4.5 to experiment. As expected a bit to mild for me, similar to the ASD2. So, back up to 6.5-7 for the win. Still a nice BBS shave, not quite Dolphin screaming but nice all the same.

A healty splash of Quinns, and a really healthy splash of Hombres Tonic, followed by a few spritzes of No 06 and truly an Arizona Shave. Off to do errands and spoil @AvocadoQueen for the beginning of her birthday celebrations. Her actual B-Day is manana, but why not spoil her now!

Video Posted

Hope everyone has a Fine Monday!

August 7, 2024

Nice shave today with Noble otter Jack no pics as the website is still giving us the ownership fits

We appreciate your patience as always, and have a nice day

08.10.2024 (Test)
Essence by Tedalus / feather pro guard
Noble Otter synth
PCN Nero shave soap
Alum
PCN Nero aftershave balm
Talc
SV 70th EdP

IMG_7486.jpeg
Well, a very nice shave today, and this is a test post prior to the opening of the forum to make sure everything is stable

Three passes today with the essence and everything else was wonderful

We missed you guys over the last three days and hopefully everything in the Forum will be working well for everybody and I thank you for your patience

Filarmonica 12 JMP
Sorrentino
PcN Verde Shave soap / aftershave balm
CBL Litsea Cubebe WH
Alum
Talc
Acqua di Gio EDT

08.11.2024.jpeg
Nice to wake up and see this beautiful site back working, and smoothly after 72 hrs of stress, being on the phone, and in conference with my partners. Now to get back to normality and why not with a Favorite Shave.

Hope everyone has a great day, and ... Video posted

08.12.24- Barber Errand Day and 1500!

J Lindy Gold Dollar Mod 13/16
Matt DeRuiter Purple Neon
THB Lavender Creeper shave soap/aftershave
Alum
Talc
Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet Edt
1441A56F-BDDD-45B9-A03E-AFEAE679CBB7.jpeg
A good morning. Typical Monday Barber Errand day, a final follow up with the vet for Kona later in the day, and a 1500 sub giveaway on the YT Channel

Site is running smooth, so it is a Lavender day. Prob the last for this soap as it is in complete thin donut mode LOL

Great 3-pass shave.

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

Back