The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

80crv2 is a good steel. Tough 1080 series but has a little chrome for corrosion resistance. Easy to forge and does good with simple heat treatment. Great all around steel.

07.22.2024 -"Not by the Hair on your Chinny, Chin, Chin"

Galileo Galiei by TI/SV
SV Artisan 2.0 Tortoise/HMMW
SV Cubebe Shave Soap, Aftershave, Edp
CBL Litsea Cubebe WH
Alum
Talc

07.22.2024.jpeg
All SV and all Cubebe today. A very nice shave with Signore Galileo and the Cubebe. The HMMW provided a nice slick lather and also did a Quick Tutorial in my video today on how to effectively do a rolling technique on the chin.

Homefront:
Today, as are all Mondays "Barber Errand Day". today however the Boss is going with me, so lunch date day as well. Monsoon is in full force, so not only are we getting much needed rain, but the 105-107 temps are now inlcuding 30-50 Percent humidity, so it feels like the deep South on Steroids, LOL. Ahhh the price we pay for having 8-9 months of perfect weather LOL

Have a Marvelous Monday Folks

Monsoons rolled in last night and vanished about an hour later. This morning it looked like nothing but rain across the whole valley......now: barely a cloud in the sky. I know its what we get used to but its always weird.

07.23.2024 "Another SV Shave"

Blackland Blackbird "Big T little i" IYKYK
SV 2.0 Ivory / HMMW
SV Felce Aromatica Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinns Cucumber Mint
Penhaligon's English Fern Talc

07.23.2024.jpeg
A nice relaxing day with a haircut in the morning, getting some laundry done preparing for the Shop, and now just awaiting Safelight Glass to Replace a windshield. So as chill as can be, thus a late shower and decision to "Fougere" it out with Ferny goodness, 3 passes with the blackbird, and a new lab blue

Finished off with the FA aftershave some EF talc, and now to partake in large Laziness and finish binging Outer Range, and start watching FireFly..... Again... Such a great show.

Hope everyone enjoys the remainder of your Tuesday

(Video Posted)

Blackland vector
Sorrentino
Proraso
IMG_7305.jpeg
A very slow start to the day at 0430, in the beginning of my work week.
As sluggish as I was, I decided to do a very quick shave with the Italian wake up product

A good three passes with a vector, although I don’t remember much of it because I was trying to drink coffee at the same time

I I hope I’m not catching some type of bug, as summer colds are the worst

Hope everybody has a good day

Back