The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

IMG_7031.jpeg
The color of the day and shave is Orange!
What could be better than Tangerine & Mandarin

The final shave with the now extinct THB Tangerine Creeper soap, unless I can find some in the wild, or secret stash. A great lather provided by Mr. Sorrentino and wipe clean with the Vector

Great finish with some talc and Royall Mandarin Cologne

have a great day folks

IMG_7034.jpeg
Just a couple of days before the big camping trip up to the lake in the mountains, so I thought an aquatic shave would be in order

Wanted something quick and easy today and not have to think about it so of course the feather ASD2 was in order with a persona blade

Although not exactly aquatic, the Tsc con clown puke. Soap has some aquatic notes in it.

Continuing with the all blue shave, aqua Velva, as the aftershave is always just a classic. Followed with some talc, and Royall Yacht EdT. This fragrance shows shades of Bleu de Chanel, but add its own spicy personality to this oceanic fragrance

Hope everybody has a wonderful Friday

So we've reached the end of June.....the challenges have all been met and mastered. The fun level was up in the very high level.

But we still have one more shave........

So what theme should we throw out to the matchy-matchy man??? He's covered all the colors these past few weeks....he's pulled off european journeys and retro flashbacks.....with stops along the way to the desert southwest. He's proven his ability to pull from his vast den and make a theme his bee-atch......

So what do I have for his final conundrum?

bd105774avocados7_1-438426ce052c4b28ac235c77bba275f2-horiz-822d4d20af814d8b9a27f8be314549e3.jpg

AVOCADOS!!!!!

Yep....I went there.

Now...I know he probably has some exotic avocado oil soap....and there's probably a scale that has a rough pebbly surface that resembles the skin of an avocado or even the supple brown of the pit in a brush handle......and the green color is a given with his den......but this challenge will be a complete failure if @AvocadoQueen does NOT appear in the shave video. Anything less.......BOOOOOOO!!

Lets finish this month strong.

IMG_7041.jpeg
Final day at the shop before the inaugural trip of the “DogHouse” named in honor of the Dog that precipitated the purchase of the Motorhome….

Kona!

So a fresh scent and a favorite set up. The Osprey was called up today and a great DSBBS shave was attained

Some cucumber mint WH, talc, the PcN Verde aftershave. And AdG to top it all off

A great finish to the week , now off to the mountains and lake, maybe a silly hat to make @CVargo feel better, but absolutely NO dark socks and Sandals…. We leave that to Chad!

Have a nice Saturday folks

AVOCADO!

IMG_7044.jpeg
Well, the final shave of the Crosby conundrum and he picked avocados rather than doing some boring avocado, shaving soap. Why not shave with the real thing.
Part of this is because I shaved very very early this morning and second we’re headed up to the mountains so I wanted to get an early start

Hopefully this fulfills the conundrum requirements @heysi

Also on our travels we’re going to resurrect an old time honored tradition that started on another forum and that’s right the adventures of the aristocrat 15 so take a look over on vacation for fun. Hope everybody has a great weekend.

And yes, there is a video posted of me shaving with avocados

Will watch video shortly. Right now I’m binging Jodie Foster in True Detective. Finished Masters of the Air yesterday. Been catching up on shows I’ve neglected.

Once again...you mastered this conundrum. The Avocado challenge was really just to get @AvocadoQueen on camera. We love the Queen. Her arm is a close second to actually seeing her...but we'll take it. Great job shaving with an actual avocado. I knew you might try it...but that was impressive. Did I just single handedly shut down the shave soap market? If so, I apologize to @CBLindsay .

Maybe we'll do this again from time to time.

We'll talk.

Once again...you mastered this conundrum. The Avocado challenge was really just to get @AvocadoQueen on camera. We love the Queen. Her arm is a close second to actually seeing her...but we'll take it. Great job shaving with an actual avocado. I knew you might try it...but that was impressive. Did I just single handedly shut down the shave soap market? If so, I apologize to @CBLindsay .

We'll talk.
Thanks for a fun month and the viewers want more!

We'll talk.
Avocado oil is very good for the skin, so if a whole avocado can be used to shave it’s all good. Then again, the coming avocado shortage will pit avocado wet shavers against avocado toasters…a cage match worth watching

Back