The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

I have to say.....you managed to pull this one out. Would have been easier to just order a wig off amazon and just do a regular shave while quoting Washington.......but the cherry and rum saved you. Very well done. sir.

Vector
Sorrentino
MWF
Pitralon
L’Occitan

1B5BC0D5-EB7C-4920-8222-FFE0E1FF0208.jpeg
Very nice early-morning shave today, back to the shop for another week of haircuts and shaves

Mitchell’s Wool Fat always provides a wonderful lather and the vector scrapes it off with ease.

Finished off with Swiss Pitralon, some Thayers Lemon,talc, and to top it off,L’Occitan. Edt

On the homefront, last night was pretty cool to watch the Starlink launch again, as well as landing and recovery in the Pacific of the booster always a great site

There is a video in the “Dave’s barbershop “ forum

Take a look

Hope everybody has a wonderful wonderful Wednesday

Blackbird
Rubber set
Hoffman’s dogfight
Thayers lemon
Talc
503063C7-07B2-469C-AF01-72E5452CEBA3.jpeg
All aviation themed shave today, right down to the watch. Hoffman’s dogfight is a very unique fragrance bright and perfect for summer with some base notes that are also wonderful as well that are equally as good in the fall and winter

A new blade and the blackbird made for a quick work of the three pass for DSBBS

The dogfight aftershave and EDT are wonderful a few spritzes some talc and off to the shop. we are getting a ton of smoke from the fires in Ruidoso New Mexico so somewhat of a hazy day but good news is our monsoon. Might be starting a little early.

Anyway, hope everybody has a wonderful wonderful Thursday

JP Alcamisi
Cella synth
Cella Bio
Thayers Lemon
Talc
6980DFD6-A488-4ADF-827A-C6D2D4466ED5.jpeg
Very nice shave pre-Dawn this morning before heading to the shop Cella bio is a very face friendly offering from Cella.

Typical Italian, very light very citrusy. I would put this somewhere in between Aqua di Parma and a Proraso

Straight razor shave for a nice three pass DSBBS finish. Some of Thayer lemon, talc, and a few nice spritzes of Boellis Panama Daytona EDT

Have a great day everybody

Dave was almost thrown by last week's theme.....but he came through just fine. Let's see how he tackles this week's theme..............

Tonight is the full moon for the month.......

Supermoon_Nov-14-2016-minneapolis.jpg

....Dave has plenty of NASA themed shave gear.....and plenty of NASA memorabilia......but let's focus this week's challenge on the Full Moon. Luna.....our celestial neighbor.

Does Dave have any soap that traveled to the moon? How about a chunk of the moon to hone his razors? Can he use moon dust as talc? And if he shows his own Full Moon....will it shut down the internet forever? (I hear it has its own gravity)

Dave has been very clever in his Matchy-Matchy........will he eat a Moon-pie? Will he wear a watch made out of a moon stone? And does Dave have any Moon Trees?????

Challenge leveled.......

Fili 13
Sorrentino
Logbook
Litsea Cubebe witch hazel
Talc

IMG_6973.jpeg
Continuing the aviation theme. It’s Friday well OK it’s Saturday, but it’s my Friday last day in the shop. Looking forward to getting done around 2 PM. Have a zoom call this weekend and getting ready for a big Fourth of July camping trip.

Today was wonderful with the Filarmonica. Everything else fell into place for a nice three pass DSBB straight razor shave.

Also on this week, Crosby conundrum, the topic for the shave will be the moon. Have a lot of good stuff that should work for that as well.

Hope everybody is enjoying their weekend so far and have a great Saturday

Crosby conundrum
In keeping with the aviation theme…, since your flight of ideas has landed on hockey…, Who do you like in Monday’s Game 7? Been rooting for the Panthers to get their first, but Edmonton has been steamrolling them for the past week.

La Voyage de la Lune

Gillette Techmatic
Thayer Moonstone / 2- band Silvertip
Apollo shave Soap
Quinn's Cucumber Mint
SV Cosmo Aftershave
Trumpers Eucris EdT

06.23.2024.JPEG
A fun shave challenge, again, given by @heysi . This was ep#4 of 5 and maybe to be continued if Steven is up for it. All Lunar inspiration today and a very nice DSBBS finish.

All the Deets in the Video Here:
BarberDave's Shaves & Such

Challenge complete....and then some. Wonderful to hear all the great knowledge about Apollo and the moon.

And I will continue to offer up Crosby Conundrums....we can discuss a semi-regular schedule. This has been very fun. But there's still one more themed challenge. What could it be?

View attachment 133002
Barber errand day shave and all SV. Prompted by a thread in the Fragrance Forum, and oh so glad it did. Phenomenal all the way around!

(Video Posted)

Have a Fantastic Monday
Hey Dave, just watched today's video and I'm sure you've probably mentioned it in previous videos, but what is the talc you're using?

Never mind. I rewatched the section and heard it this time.. Clubman as well

Darwinapalooza and a Rubberset

06.25.2024.JPEG
A really afternoon shave today before the show and all Darwin. A great shave, other than knocking the Aftershave over and 3/4 if it down the sink GRRRRRR. But a quick stop on the interwebs and another bottle on the way.

On the Homefront:
A late shave today, because rather than paying $600.00 for a restoration of headlight clarity, I decided to DIY it...... Know I know why they charge $600.00 2 hours per light and a ton of Blood , sweat, Tears in 100+ degree weather..... I have never been known to have much in the way of common sense ( just ask @AvocadoQueen ). To make matters more fun I decided to do the motorhome head lights as well. The Corvette I got photos of, The motorhome not so much, as I was delirious from the Brain Frying of the sun, LOL

Anyway here is how they turned out IF you are considering doing this get the Mothers system, Works great! For 25.00 and about 4 hours per car... Overall worth it. The Sun and heat are havoc for headlights out here, so every few yrs it needs to be done

BEFORE

Before.jpg

AFTER

after.jpg

Osprey
Paladin
Proraso

IMG_7028.jpeg
Quick shave today with the Osprey and Proraso, and the Neptune to deliver the lather. Quick 3 passes and very noice!

Homefront:

just 4 days until a nice camping trip to the lake and mountains for the holiday weekend. Our 1st true motorhome trip. Looking forward to relaxing, with @AvocadoQueen and Kona. Also much cooler temps at 8500 ft

Have a great day

Back