The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

So.....a few weeks ago I challenged our dear leader, our bossman, our Bdave, our drunken Barber Pole (Barber Pole was his stripper name in college), our BarberDave to go all matchy-matchy and creative on a couple of random themes, thrown out by the craziest watch game show host anyone's ever known........ME!! Well, he accepted the challenge for the 5 sundays in June......and today is the reveal of the first theme.

Now....the point of this challenge ISN'T to stump Dave....he's got a shave den full of stuff that all of us would be envious of and he's shown a certain flair for being very matchy-matchy with his gear (both hardware and software) and any additional accoutrements that can make up a theme.....I'm just trying to have some summer fun.

So.....for this first sunday theme shave......I have chosen a perfect summery drink. A shiny, happy little fruit that grows in the warm climates (and my backyard)......that epitomizes the very taste of summer..........LEMONADE!!!!

Website_Recipe_A_Pitcher_of_Nectar_Lemonade_1b93fbf1-c22b-46e7-a375-7491d3f8b007.jpg

Now for Dave's challenge......

Can Dave drink Lemonade and shave??? That may be unsafe.
Can Dave use a real lemon as an aftershave?? Might cause irritation and @AvocadoQueen to look at him in a more confused manner than usual.
Does Dave have a watch with a lemon for a face? Quite possible.
Does Dave own a hat from the famous lemonade stand, Hotdog On A Stick??? I'd be impressed if he did.

But ultimately....this is Dave's open canvas.......can he go all matchy-matchy on some yummy lemonade?? We all know he can. But let's all see this creative genius work his magic.

0F774A0D-C391-4A7B-A0A5-60ED7895D0F3.jpeg
For the last few days I was experimenting with a 2-pass shave. Nope,nope, nope! Just does not work for me. 3-passes is “The Way”

Today in prep for the “Crosby Conundrum” @heysi a nice citrus shave for the day

The Gillette President got the call up, and I think the blade is going off a bit as the shave was a bit sub-par, but still ok

The finish was with a “power” frag in the Van Cleef & Arpels TSAR. Much in the vein of quorum, MK tribute, polo green etc. a strong evergreen scent, but with a nice citrus top note to make it a bit lighter, but still a 7-9 frag

Last day in the shop for the week, and looking forward to the time off

Have a great Saturday folks

Day 1 of @heysi 's "Crosby Conundrum"
Lemon Inspired....

06.02.2024.JPEG
So the journey of the mind from @heysi begins today, and for the next Sundays. Today's Theme.... LEMON. Perfect start to a very hot week here in the "Ol Pueblo" with temps up to 110 in the valley, and we will be in the 104-105 arena for the foreseeable future. Maybe some rain next week, but I dont count on it.

Although I do not have any Lemon specific soaps, most are a combo of Lemon/Lavender, Lemon/Lime etc. So, Litsea Cubeba fit the bill. Lemon on Steroids! Good three pass shave with the Easy Aces, and a nod to Steven's love of the Lager with the Brush. Finished up with a splash of Jean Nate post shower, and as an added aftershave, the CBL Tonic, Thayers Lemon, and L'Occitan Cedrat.

All in all DSBBS, and fragrantly smell like a Lemon Tree, Lemon Cream Pies and Lemonade. ( video processing). Thanks Steven for a good start to the series, and looking forward to what else you pull out of that Dodger, Beer Clouded mind of yours.

Home Front:

Well in temps like this, not much to do outside, however will take the coach down to get Fuel, and up the road a bit to get it washed / Waxed.

Have a good Sunday Folks.

06.04.2024.JPEG
Happy Tuesday Folks!
A nice quick and citrusy shave today, as we place our protective heat suits for what will prove to be our hottest week of the year, as we dive for the sun. So Summer Scents it is. A nice 3 pass shave with a finish of some talc and Ruezel. the lemon, Lavender and other goodness make for a nice fresh fragrance.

Back to the Shop Manana and a good beginning to the week. Looking forward to a Good Drinks n Daves Show this evening as well
( Video Posted )

Have Nice Day

2B3E263D-55F6-463F-984B-700CB5B4E95C.jpeg
Another work week begins, but when you’re a barber and you own a barbershop, is it really work?

Had a fantastic live show yesterday evening with my buddy @NurseDave , and we want to thank everybody who showed up

Anyways, sticking with the lemony theme for this week this time adding some lavender we’re going with a Darwin set the aftershave, the soap, and of course, the actual Darwin razor itself

Three passes today and a perfect shave finished off with some Clubman talc. Some lavender witch hazel, and Floris Elite, for a perfect finish to a shave for a very warm 105 today

Have a great day folks

3D237648-EF28-4B72-8029-C5FC002D5110.jpeg
Very rarely do I have a horrible shave. I guess this should be qualified by the fact that the entire shave wasn’t horrible, just parts of it such as the lather, which sadly sets up the rest of the shave

Truefitt and Hill is always been a fairly decent Soap for me as is the badger brush that I was using, but for some reason today, it was just horrible, thin, hard to lather and quite frankly a mess, the razor and the aftershave were the only saving grace

Will call this a DFS for the overall experience, but I guess sometimes that makes you appreciate the other shaves that you get

They’ve updated our forecast today so instead of a blistering 109° it will only be 108° so we’re going to be breaking out the parkas☀️🌋🥵🥵🥵🥵🔥
Have a good day folks

91A225A5-3D67-408A-AF9B-9E55F7CACCCC.jpeg
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday’s train wreck of a shave was very quickly replaced by today shave.

Mitchell’s Wolf fat as usual is just a perfect soap coupled with a Sorrentino brush, the Tedalus, and of course, a wonderful finish with GOAT of Barbershop fragrances
Rice gauche pour homme!

A nice cup of hot coffee before leaving the house today is gonna be a much better day even though we may reach 110°

Have a good day folks

So.....last sunday Dave met the challenge and gave us a very lemon-y shave....I was a bit disappointed that he did not use a whole lemon for his aftershave....but still.....great job.

So for this weeks challenge:

Its definitely summer here in the desert and summer is the season of baseball!!!!!

1717775343005.png

Nothing more summery than a day at the game......but, can Dave go matchy-matchy with the boys of summer? Does he have a chunk of The Babe's bat that he hones his razors with? Can he apply pine tar to his hands to keep from dropping his razor? Will he take a 7th inning stretch mid shave to enjoy some peanuts and cracker jacks? Will he shout "PLAYBALL" before the entire shave begins? Will he finish his shave before the pitch clock runs out? Will he rub a glove on his face to soften it up?? Only the video camera knows for sure.

Extra points for any Dodgers gear seen on the video....and, obviously, points will be taken away for any Giants gear.

Back