The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

And in the case of being a minimalist shove, his head underwater, until he drowns. You sick 3017’ers

Whereas those of us who like variety will put flavoring in the water, so the horse can enjoy it, and a different flavor each and every time, sometimes carbonated, sometimes mountain spring water so the horse is happy😂
3017ing is a choice, a conscious decision of the enlightened. We welcome our like-minded brethren and sistren, we do not run conversion camps. Do we extoll the virtues of minimalism to the uninformed? Absolutely, and we shall continue to be vocal proponents of this liberating lifestyle.

3017ing is a choice, a conscious decision of the enlightened. We welcome our like-minded brethren and sistren, we do not run conversion camps. Do we extoll the virtues of minimalism to the uninformed? Absolutely, and we shall continue to be vocal proponents of this liberating lifestyle.
You forgot your meds today didn’t Bruce1680892753626.png

Filarmonica 13
Sorrentino
Stirling Mediterranean Man shave soap
Nivea 2-1 aftershave
Stirling Mediterranean Man EdT

DBE8F6DC-21F7-4893-91E6-4864BA45475E.jpeg
Nice shave for my Friday. Nice easy day at the shop and then an escape for a few days

Have a good day folks

Tedalus/ Proguard
Sorrentino
Noble Otter Logbook shave soap/aftershave/EdP
Alum
Quinn’s
Talc
BE45D04D-CA7B-4AF8-B843-3EA18D38C6A8.jpeg
Late Entry today as we spent Easter at some friends for lunchinner

New blade in the wraith and a great shave. Aside from the performance as mentioned before the artwork that N.O. puts out is phenomenal

3-Passes today and a great Easter shave

@AvocadoQueen and I hope you all had, and are having a fantastic Easter!

You totally missed the opportunity to recruit Eric (or was it Jim?) into the Cadre. I'm sure he went back to his house and told everyone about the guy shaving while talking into his phone.

No but I gave the video to the resort owners and Eric works here
I think the price for petting Kona is ya gotta sign up for the Cadre.

I don't make the rules (or in this case, I guess I do) but that's the rules.

04.12.2023.jpg
Palmolive shave stick today and the Traveling Crat pretty good shave today, although a bit of Fishing Sunburn made the alum a bit interesting. Any shave by a lake is a great one though. Kona is loving the trip getting to know the wildlife, and a squirrel is driving him nuts as expected. Another day of absolutely nothing a little fishing, and then seeing if the internet will be good enough for @CVargo 's game night this evening

Have a good day folks
(Video posting soon)

Dorko 1151
Paladin Chief
CBL soaps Orion Base Hammam Spa shave soap
CBL Hammam spa aftershave
alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Talc
Penhaligon’s Savoy Steam EdC
IMG_0325.jpeg
Back at the home den and all the choices it affords. Today a “spa” shave was in order. One of my favorite frags is Savoy Steam by Pen’s (well the original version anyway). As such a few years ago @CBLindsay at @cblsoaps, when I asked if he could create a soap and aftershave to match. Of course he did with flying colors!

Not to mention, in the Orion base! Perfection. The Dorko got the call. 3-passes and DSBBS shave. Finished up with the aftershave talc and a healthy amount of Savoy Steam. Perfect for a warm Saturday

Have a great day folks
(Video posted)

"Hey Frenchie put on that Grey Flannel"

Thiers Issard la legende 6/8
Shavemac Colonia No 1 / Badger
L'Occitane Cade UFO Shave Soap
Grey Flannel Aftershave Splash
L'Occitan EdT

04.16.2023.JPEG
Ooh La La.... Nice shave today with some french stuff, and a UFO......hmmpf a UAP I mean, LOL Cade is a great soap, as is the L'Occitane stuff, as well. 3 passes and DSBBS
(Video posted)

Have a great Sunday Folks

JP Alcamisi 6/8
Sorrentino Cola Brush / Synth
Cold One Shave Soap / Aftershave Milk
Thayer's Lemon
Talc
Ferarri Radiant Bergamot EdP

04.17.2023.JPEG
An Italian Razor, Some Cola inspired stuff, and a Ferrari? What is not to like, about this great comb of Shave Nirvana. The Italian Razor is actually from Schenectaan idendy NY, made in Germany, and honoring an Italian General Badoglio, with Bolsters from the Catholic Church. Woo Wee, Talk about an identity crisis... Geeze

Kidding aside a great 6/8 razor and Scales that are probably some of the most unique I have seen. A good shaver. The software is a favorite, and brings back fond memories of different types of cola. As always the star of the show is the Brush of course.

Finished the cola theme with a bit of lemon and the Bergamot. All characters played very well together.
(Video Posted)

Had another fantastic Zoom call last evening, missed some of our regulars, and we hope they will be back soon (@Longhaultanker , @Bill M , @woodpusher , @heysi , @OpusX , @novicewetshaver , @Mike Shults , etc, etc...) Everyone is welcome, every two weeks.... next one is 4/30 Hope you can join us !

Hope everyone is having a great Monday

Sorry about the zoom call. My bad.

Hey, on the shave front, I thought we weren't saying the T-word anymore.

Sorry about the zoom call. My bad.

Hey, on the shave front, I thought we weren't saying the T-word anymore.
no apologies, as if you do that I will feel guilty razzing you, and as far as Thayers.... Well Quinns has not given us much love either, so what the heck, LOL plus the lemon goes better with Cola than the others

Had another fantastic Zoom call last evening, missed some of our regulars, and we hope they will be back soon
44817-SOON-polar-bear-gif-Jcdo.gif

Back