The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

19 April 2023
Ti / Galileo Galilei
Fine C20 /Angel Hair synth
Fine Italian Citrus Shave Soap / Aftersahve
AdG EdP

04.19.2023.JPEG
Nice Italian themed shave today, and 2nd run for Mr. Galileo. Extremely good DSBBS shave today with the combo chosen today. Last day before heading back to the shop, but at least it is only a 3-day week. Temps beginning to heat up, and lots of home projects to get done before the heat really sets it.
(Video Posted)

El Doggo says hello as he lounges, and like me hopes everyone has a great remainder of the week

Cheers

Gillette British Aristocrat #15 / Personna
Morris & Forndran
Darwin shave soap / aftershave
Alum
Thayers Lemon
Talc
Floris Elite Edt
7F07E2A3-E0D7-4AA1-A80B-B0F238418745.jpeg
Pre-dawn shave as we head back to the shop for an abbreviated week. Temps warming up, so this was an easy choice with a French/British vibe. The Crat treated me well today with a wonderful smooth shave. The Floris was the topper to take the shave to perfection

Hope everyone has a great day!

Last edited:
Faltzgraff Cactis 5/8
Cholla cactus brush/ badger
CBL Hombres Barbershop shave soap/aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s PGFOR
Talc
Demeter Saguaro Cactus EdC
IMG_0392.jpeg
Shop/ Tucson / Old West inspired shave today. Don’t use the Cactus SR very much and it is scary sharp with the square point.

I describe this shave as a cowboy hat and a six gun type of shave. Sorry GTB. This is better and more “real western”. 3-passes and DSBBS

The Saguaro Cologne is amazing. A mixture of A Opuntia with Saguaro flower which is very Jasmine like. Super nice

Great shave this morning at Sunrise
Have a good day pardners!

IMG_0398.jpeg
It’s Friday!!! Orangy Asian goodness with the undisputed SE King, of course, I speak of the Vector! Dun dun daaaaa

A&E and Royal in the Mandarin variety cam along for the ride

Great shave and looking forward to “Cigar Porch” time this weekend and maybe even a trip to tje county fair, or maybe the animal shelter to find a Sibling for “El Doggo” maybe even a Roadrunner LOL

Have a great Saturday folks

23 April, 2023
Filarmonica 13 JMP
Sorrentino Barzini GID / Cashmere synth
Stiling Mediterranean Man Shave Soap
Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
Quinn's Cucumber Lime / Alum
Talc
Stirling Mediterranean Man EdP

04.23.2023.JPEG
Nice Relaxing shave this morning, before an interview video on @NurseDave 's YouTube, which was a hoot, by the way, tons of fun and glad to be on the inaugural live show. Previously however, a wonderful shave with Striling, of which I need to use more @Joe Hackett . 3-passes with the fili, and DSBBS. All other characters worked well, even the Nivea 2 in 1 that my amputee Aquanaut now resided with one leg, LOL

The MM Edp is just pefection in a bottle and perfect for a warm day.

(Video Posted)

Hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday!!

So first I had to watch 30 minutes of the Dave & Dave show, now I have to watch 23 more minutes of your ugly mug handsome face? Oh the things I do to be entertained.

04.25.2023:
Koraat / SV Leonardo Da Vinci 6/8 FBH
SV 2.0 Tortoise / HMMW
SV 70th Anniversary Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdP
Talc

04.25.2023.JPEG
Wonderful Combo today @Antonio P 70th to me is the best of the SV lineup all the way around. Best face feel, best performance, and that fragrance...oooh that fragrance ( insert certain lyrics from Lynrd Skynrd song) just a wonderful shave experience from the blade to the EdP Truly the quintessential italian Frag ( sorry AdP ). now if PannaCrema Nuavia Verde, would come up with a EdP, then we would have a fight, LOL

3-passes today and DSBBS

Hope everyone is having a Great Tuesday!

(Video Posted)

Blackland Tradere / Personna
Sorrentino
Eleven Soaps Apollo
Stirling Executive Man aftershave
Creed Aventus EdP

IMG_0438.jpeg
All about Aventus clones today, and Apollo. Elevens soaps entry into this crowded space and a good entry. One of the closest, added Rod’s entry with Executive Man as aftershave and the real deal Creed for the EdP. Virtually seemless in fragrance. The Tradere, almost as heavy as Saturn IV and almost as beautiful. Wonderfully efficient and another Blackland success razor and homage to the original

Good shave today.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Back