The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Blackland Blackbird Ti / Personna
Teton/synth
Arran Lochranza shave soap/aftershavebalm/Edp
Alum
Quinn’s
Talc
IMG_0443.jpeg
Nice early morning Scottish shave today with the Blackbird. Overall as far as DE’s go this by far is the most aggressive, however the smoothest and most efficient DE in the stable. This is the 2nd Blackland that is on the top of the heap, with the Vector being the other one. Previously, the Gillette New Long comb had the DE slot, but no more

Arran is just good stuff laddie! Great lather, great fragrance, and fantastic fragrance

DSBBS again today and ready to face my Thursday!

Have a good day folks

The anise really softens the anise.
Now normally I would give you a hard time for posting something this confusing.....but I'm genuinely curious as to which scent note softens the other. So would you care to ellaborate?

The Ti Blackbird over the NEW LC! I can't argue with you, but I'm smiling thinking of all the, um, senior shavers, who would faint dead away at that idea. It is a superb and beautiful razor.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Vector / Feather PG
Sorrentino PIC /Synth
La Toja Shave stick
Alum
Quinn’s PGFOR
La Toja aftershave
Penhaligon’s Elixir

C56BA934-8E52-401C-84B4-2856CD781071.jpeg
Quick shave was necessary today (more on that in the “deets”). The Vector, and La Toja for the bill. Not the highest quality, but quick to apply, quick to lather, and always consistent. The aftershave is healing and has a nice Spanish “Seville” vibe. Keeping with the “Catholic” themeage, Elixir fit the bill. Good shave today

Deets:
Since today is my Friday, my Thursday (which is actually Friday). Are you staying with me?

Anyway we decided to have dinner and watch some TV. 1st off was our normal viewing of “Dark Journalist” on you tube. Being Disney fans, I remembered that the new live action Peter Pan was out. With Jude Law as Hook, and Jim Gaffigan as Smee, it was going to to good, and indeed it was. It followed (mostly) the original cartoon, with a bit of a different ending , but was well done and followed the “Old” Disney way and even reminded us of our favorite ride “Peter Pan” at Disneyland.

Well….. we were already on Disney+ so “Hey Look” let’s watch the live action “Jungle Book” again. Awesome! “Hey Look”. 101 Dalmatians (the original).

So some 6 hours later and 0230-0300 I finally laid my head on the pillow and what seemed to be an instant, 0515 was here. Zombified Barbering today! So quick shower and even quicker shave and a TON OF COFFEE. Just to see a client arrive an hour early Grrrrrr, going to be one of those days

I am too old for staying up late anymore Hahaha

Looking forward to the weekend and Zoom call

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Wacker Chevalier 6/8
Sorrentino
WCS Soloist Shave Soap / Aftershave Splash
Quinns
Alum
Yardley Talc
Replica Jazz Club EdT

05.01.2023.JPEG
Ealry Shave, late posting. This combo is wonderful, I keep coming back to it, based on performance, and how the fragrance evolves, Boozy, Dark, Smoky, but with a bit of headiness and a bit bright on the skin initially and then a wonderful woody boozy, cigar vibe on dry down. Soap is easy to later, and leaves a good face feel, Perfect for today's errand and perusing at the Pipe.Cigar Store.

3-passes and DSBBS with the Chevalier. Good, but I think a refresh on the Ark may be in order.

Another good shave day.

Hope everyone had a Great Day!

Gillete President / Personna
Paladin
Seaforth Heather Suds / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Lime
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT / Talc

05.02.2023.JPEG
A shave too awesome for words! Well maybe two:

SHAVEGASM
FACETURBATE

Ya... That good, and with a Gillette DE no less, LOL.
(Video posted)

Other Deets:
Windy and warm here today, another Red flag warning and Air quality alert, Major sinus heachache to day, and a Crazy Kona, so al in all not bad for a Sunday.

Have a great day folks!

SHAVEGASM
FACETURBATE
giphy.gif

Back