The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

I believe this fragrance from the soap to the EdT could be like Halon and remove oxygen from the air. So extra care when applying.
Sounds like a great shave but please be careful there, Dave!

giphy-downsized.gif

Blackland Vector / Feather Pro-Guard (36)
DeRuiter Purple Neon/ synth
A&E Which One’s Pink shave soap/aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s
Trumper’s Eucris EdT
CA05C1A9-2A87-46E6-B737-BA2434DB4695.jpeg
Well, with the 50th Anniversary of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon Album this year, a shave with a tribute soap was perfect

There is no way to really describe this scent, as there is a bunch going on with cinnamon, cardamom, pink pepper, pink rose, Vetiver, amber, myrrh, tangerine, pink grapefruit, sandalwood, and more. It all works however and the best way I can describe is “Psychedelic Rock & Roll Hedonist.

3-passes with the Vector and the blade is a bit tuggy for the 1st pass, but smoother on 2-3. For a blade with 36 shaves on it and a total of 144 passes give or take, it is expected. A good DSBBS shave

Have a good day, and enjoy….

Blackland Vector / Personna (37)
Cella Brush / synth
Cella Bio shave soap/ Aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber/mint
Boellis Panama Daytona EdT
Talc
8D71F25A-D259-49DF-9F2D-D164E091F73D.jpeg
Quick out the door shave this morning as I had some early appts. Well…. I stretched the Pro-guard to 37 shaves and for all three passes it was tuggy, and not quite comfortable. Results were still good but time to Bob the blade. The good news is, at least, that I know can comfortably take the blade to 15-20 with no issues which will save a bit of cash, and not require ordering as often.

The Cella Bio is a great soap, as is the aftershave. Finished off with the Daytona and good to go.

It is my Friday Yay! 80 degree temps for a beautiful upcoming weekend!

Have a good Saturday folks

2023 年 4 月 2 日 ( *Disclaimer* any translation errors are Google's Fault) :ROFLMAO:

ハロルド・スミス・カミソリ
ソレンティーノ 創造の柱 / 合成
ホーリーブラックバンブーシェイブソープ
髭剃り後のホーリーブラックバンブー
ペンハリガンのエンディミオン コンセントレ

04.01.2023.JPEG
Fantastic Mid-morning shave that traveled around. The Complete Journey took us from New York to Ohio, To Michigan, to San Francisco, to Japan, Australia, and back to England. A large trip for 25 minutes or so, LOL. Still getting used to the Kami from @Majorrich. After a refresh and balsa stropping, it is dialed in. Now, if I can get used to making sure the asymmetrical edge is on the correct side of my face, then it will be golden. It is amazing how habits, and muscle memory, can get in the way or a new technique.

No Blood, or irritation, so I will take that as a win. Love them or Hate them THB puts out a quality product, and Bamboo to me is their best. Love this stuff

( Video Posted for more Deets)

Looking forward to the Zoom Call today, and Hope everyone is having a blessed Palm Sunday.

Black Tradere / Personna Lab Blue
Noble Otter / Synth
Darwin Shave Soap
Thayers Lemon
L'Occitane Cedrat Aftershave Balm
Darwin Aftershave Splash
Talc
L'Occitane Cedrat EdT

04.03.2023.JPEG

It is all about lemons today. Temps in the 80's again, back to cold water shaves and of course "Say it with me" Barber Errand Day. This time I also get to spend an exciting morning at the Emission Center, followed by an breath taking trip to the Motor Vehicle Division! I dont know if I can handle all that excitement in one day, with all my other errands, but I will endure, LOL

Anyway the shave... Ever since @NurseDave enabled me to get the Darwin Stuff, I have been obsessed with it, so much so, that I am now looking at finding a Darwin, or Darwin Clone razor....... Thanks Buddy!

Lemony goodness is about all that can be said in the Darwin, and just superb in lathering and face feel. Also had a chance to dust off the Cedrat, which as I explain in my vid today, is like Key Lime Pie, if it was made with lemons. Just awesome. The Tradere made quick work of the stubble and finished off with an "old friend", in the Thayers, then talc and EdT.

Great Shave! (Video Posted)

KONA aka EL DOGGO, aka "The Real Wile E. Coyote"... ( he made me write all this down) update:

Kona salutes all of you for this transition into warmer temps, and he has invited all his fans to now take audience with him on his Patio Throne, now that it is warmer.

kona patio.jpg
( Kona will make this sultry-cute pose phot avail, with autograph upon request..... Damn Dog!

He did NOT want me to tell you that, since he is a wimp when it comes to cold weather, being a German Shepherd/Husky, temps must be in the mid 70's to mid 80's for him to be available for autographs. Otherwise he is buried under blankets, while eating cookies. I blame @Bill M and @Majorrich for giving him his notoriety and becoming a DIVA....

Have a Great Monday Folks!

PS. Sorry @GearNoir I missed a spot by the handle and it had some Schmutz on it, I know this is a thing for you... My apologies:ROFLMAO:
:eek:

Last edited:
Leonardo Da Vinci 6/8 Korrat/SV FBH
SV 2.0 Tortoise / HMMW
SV Desert Vetiver Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn's
SV Pro-Victus Balm
SV Desert Vetiver Aftershave
Goodfellow's #6 Cedar Geranium EdT

04.04.2023.JPEG
Great shave and Big News. See Here:

A definite luxury shave today. Took the Koraat across the convex balsa and Leather and the edge was just perfect for the 3-pass DSBBS shave. Other that 70th Desert Vetiver is right up there. This is a very sharp in your face Vetiver, and is glorious. Also I tried the "Pro-Victus" Skin repair balm today, and on a wet face it emulsifies perfectly and is a great addition to the properties we all know and love with the SV aftershaves. Lazy day of Cigars and porch sitting is on the agenda today as we get ready for another week of Tonsorial Heaven.

(Video Posted)

Hope everyone is having a great day

So.....if you're now an ambassador, do you have diplomatic immunity?

And if you're ever on a counselor ship, this guy will be looking for you...

Tridente 6/8
Paladin pk47 jade/badger
Arran Machrie shave soap
Arran Machrie aftershave balm
Arran Machrie EdT
F4314546-82E4-4281-BE39-4F0C47601206.jpeg
Great shave this morning with the soap from the isle of Islay. Sea salt. Rock rose. A fantastic scent and fantastic performance from a company that’s not very well-known from Scotland

Hope everybody has a good day

Back