The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

The Aluminum intrigues me. Is it solid Aluminum or hollow? What is the weight?

We work with mostly aluminum here at my work and there's a ton of it just sitting around.

The Aluminum intrigues me. Is it solid Aluminum or hollow? What is the weight?

We work with mostly aluminum here at my work and there's a ton of it just sitting around.
Steven, it’s solid and very very light. I really like it.

23 March 2023
Henson AL-13m / Personna
Teton Shave / synth
WCS Soloist shave soap / Aftershave
Replica Jazz Club

View attachment 107900

Some more testing on the Henson today. Really liking this. The lightweight and thermal keeping properties of the aluminum make for a nice warm water shave

As to the software; Just Perfection! You would be hard pressed to find a nicer frag than Jazz club. Smokey, Boozy goodness. DSBBS as per norms with a little clean-up

Kona is digging the new organic salmon doggie cookies, however now expects two. One while I am making my lunch and coffee, and one when I am leaving. As my signature states…. I live for the “Real Wile E Coyote”

Have a great Thursday folks!

Have been wondering about the Henson.
Very interested with respect to the thermal benefits of the aluminum.

24 March 2023
CV Heljestrand MK*32
Sorrentino Barzini / Synth
Mitchell’s Wool Fat Shave Soap
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods Aftershave
Good fellow & Co. #6 EdC

823DD9D7-4213-4446-A582-288D51329998.jpeg
Very nice shave day with a brand new refill of MWF. The Synth works as well as any other brush for just fantastic lather. Post shave face feel is just another way MWF supersedes a ton of others. Sadly some have a lanolin sensitivity and that’s too bad, because this is a classic

Finished up with all the standards; Alum, talc and Target’s budget friendly EdC, that plays more like a EdP. And for 25 semolians, well worth the strong cedar and geranium notes this frag gives.

MK*32 is all that needs to be stated about the performance of the cutting implement today

DSBBS for my Thursday.

Have a good day folks!

25 March 2023

Blackland Blackbird Ti / Personna
Sorrentino Corleone / Synth
PdP #63 Shave Soap/ aftershave balm/ EdT

6D583D00-0CB7-422B-BDFC-55E1F4E1CEF3.jpeg
Matchy-Matchy today with the PdP. I had been wanting the EdP for some time, just had not pulled the trigger. Amazon to the rescue! As recommended it is a fantastic juice.

All other parts of the shave were typical of #63 just wonderful. The Blackbird made quick work in whisker wacking, although the Heljestrand made a shave not too necessary but we have a strict “NO HOBOS ALLOWED” rule at Rancho BarberDave, so a 3-pass shave was required

DSBBS, some coffee, duck treats for the pooch, and off to the shop for my Friday. Yay!

Enjoy your Saturday folks!

g7lfOkivm836-u2-0Deoz6dKE7qfJVn5LrvnnVq8yJg.jpg

Was this you with a mustache, Dave? Sharon @AvocadoQueen fell for you because of the outfit, huh?

26 March 2023 - Day -1 of MWF vs "The Contender Brushes" Badger, Synth, or Boar?

Jerry Stark 6/8 Damascus
Shavemac Colonia No 1 / Badger (Contender #1)
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
Suavecito Ivory/Bergamot Aftershave
Floris 1962 EdP

03.26.2023.JPEG
Right here on the forum a thread was started claiming that a Boar Brush is the Best for lathering "Da Fat". Well we are going to put that to the test over the next three days. Personally I do not think it matters, however to be fair we will be testing and doing videos to either confirm, or bust this myth. To eliminate factors the only thing we will be changing is the brush. All other items will remain the same.

The contenders are:
ShaveMac Colonia No.1 - Badger
Sorrentino POC - Amack Synthetic
Semogue 620 Boar.

Today we started with the Shavemac. It provide a wonderful lather and surface for Mr. Stark to glide around on. Perfect DSBBS shave, no alum sting, the Quinn's Lavender was a nice touch followed by all the software goodness, and the Floris 1962 to put it over the top. Based on this shave this may definitely be a myth that will be "BUSTED" but of course YMMV.

(Video Day #1 - Posted)

Now to go outside and attack the weeds, and then another shower and some Chinese Food for Dinner on Saturday #1

Have a great day folks

03.27.2023 -MWF vs Brushes Day #2 SYNTHETIC
Same Stuff as Yesterday with the exception of the Sorrentino with AMACK

03.27.2023.JPEG

Great shave on very Little Sleep thanks to my Brother @NurseDave who is like that little boy who could not wait for Christmas Morning, and woke eveyone up at 2:30 am to open presents. In this case Dave was on the Right Coast preparing for a cruise and decided we should all share in his pre-boarding excitement. It is interesting how the Stars look different, the coffee tastes different, and every living thing is ASLEEP! LOL

Deets on the shave and what brush is on the lead is in the Vid today

( Video Posted)

Barber errand day for Saturday #2 and later on a dram for Worldwide Whisky day

Have a great day folks

Genco Easy Aces 5/8
Fine C15 synthetic
Victory Shaving Champagne Lady
DrH Arlington aftershave
DrH Arlington Cologne

AB53D083-703E-46EE-9F93-5632CD565477.jpeg
It’s all about the Lemon, Lavender, and menthols today as we head to our 1st 80 degree temps, as we fire up the thrusters and begin our journey to the surface of the sun. Soon the switch to cold water shaves will happen. Why not get a jump on it. We miss Dale and his Military inspired soaps, as they are so good

This is a perfect combos and with the easy aces a true “Americana” shave.

Finished up with the lemon/lavender goodness of Arlington for my Monday at the shop.

Have a great day Folks

Ah
Genco Easy Aces 5/8
Fine C15 synthetic
Victory Shaving Champagne Lady
DrH Arlington aftershave
DrH Arlington Cologne

View attachment 108246
It’s all about the Lemon, Lavender, and menthols today as we head to our 1st 80 degree temps, as we fire up the thrusters and begin our journey to the surface of the sun. Soon the switch to cold water shaves will happen. Why not get a jump on it. We miss Dale and his Military inspired soaps, as they are so good

This is a perfect combos and with the easy aces a true “Americana” shave.

Finished up with the lemon/lavender goodness of Arlington for my Monday at the shop.

Have a great day Folks
ahhhhh, one of the very best and most classy American Made Razors! Nice shave Dave!

Blackland Tradere OC / personna
Sorrentino Barzini / cashmere
Seaforth Fleur de France shave soap/aftershave/EdT
Quinn’s lavender
Talc
B3FF24D9-D6A5-4233-AECA-D6EDC8256946.jpeg
Nice shave with the Tradere today. Had some early appts today in the shop, so not time for an SR shave today. FdF was the choice and this has the powerhouse notes of this 80’s frags like Drakkar, and Polo Green. So much so, I believe this fragrance from the soap to the EdT could be like Halon and remove oxygen from the air. So extra care when applying. A gorgeous blend of notes but BOOM! Strong. The Tradere matched with the Personna is just about the perfect OC, rivaling the Gillette Long comb

Performance is typical of Seaforth and a great start to the day with DSBBS

Have a good day folks!

Back