The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

18 March 2023
Tedalus / Pro-guard (35)
Paladin Neptune Cleo / Badger
Sapone de Paulo Sweet Orange shave soap
Omega Aquae aftershave serum
Royall Mandarin Lotion
Penhaligon’s Elixir Edp
7AF3E199-BA5E-4CA4-BE4D-2172C3373AA9.jpeg
It’s Friday here at the shop, and with the week I have had, although good, until some Forum stuff(it never ends) torpedoed it. So ready for some down time and re-charge

Today’s shave was certainly a grest start with the SdP Sweet Orange. All the other guest stars worked well with the 34 shaves on this ballade, as we are keeping the one blade challenge alive.

Finished up with the Elixir for my Gothic Church Zen

DSBBS as expected, although the blade is continuing its downfall. I am guessing somewhere in the 50’s and I will Bin it, but we shall see

Kona and I are back to our morning routine. He shows up, stretches, and meets me in the kitchen for a cookie and back to a nap

Have a great day folks and consider joining us for our Sunday Zoom

Cheers

When you're done with this blade, wrap it in paper with a date and shave-count on it and file it in your sock drawer for a few years. Then take it out and use it again and you'll be amazed at how the edge's atomic structure have realigned and self-sharpened!

George Wostenholm & Sons 8/8 FBU
Morris & Forndran / Sabini 2 band Super Badger
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme EdT

03.19.2023.JPEG
Glorious shave this morning with the Cleaver. Always a fun razor to use. Although a bit heavy handed today, still DSBBS, even if the Alum Lit me up like the lights from Vegas. Good that our Aquanaut was on the case and the Nivea calmed everthing down nicely. All forgotten with a nice application Quinn's and Talc. Then hypnotized by the fragrance of rive gauche pour homme. Just perfect!

Looking forward to our "St Paddy's Day version of our Sunday Zoomers and all the frivolity that will ensue once @Majorrich begins his comments on the state of things. WE LOVE THAT GUY!

Anyway hope you all have a nice blessed Sunday, or as I call it "Saturday 1" for me

Cheers

(VIDEO POSTED... with tutorial)

George Wostenholm & Sons 8/8 FBU
Morris & Forndran / Sabini 2 band Super Badger
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap
Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme EdT

View attachment 107670
Glorious shave this morning with the Cleaver. Always a fun razor to use. Although a bit heavy handed today, still DSBBS, even if the Alum Lit me up like the lights from Vegas. Good that our Aquanaut was on the case and the Nivea calmed everthing down nicely. All forgotten with a nice application Quinn's and Talc. Then hypnotized by the fragrance of rive gauche pour homme. Just perfect!

Looking forward to our "St Paddy's Day version of our Sunday Zoomers and all the frivolity that will ensue once @Majorrich begins his comments on the state of things. WE LOVE THAT GUY!

Anyway hope you all have a nice blessed Sunday, or as I call it "Saturday 1" for me

Cheers

(VIDEO POSTED... with tutorial)
Love that brush!! :love:

03.20.2023 -Let's Go to France!

Thiers- Issard la legende
Sorrentino Corleone / Synth
PdP #63 Shave Soap
Omega Aquae Aftershave Serum
Some Great French via New York Bespoke EdP from @Sskim... I think

03.20.2023.JPEG

Great French inspired shave with the TI and PdP I wish I could remember the notes of the Frag that @Sskim3 gave me a few yrs ago, but it is perfect with the Pdp.
DSBBS today and Time for "Barber Errand Day" on Saturday 2

Have a Great Monday Folks

(Video posted with Sponsorship mentions)

03.21.2023 -Purple...the word is....Purple with some Scottish thrown in for color
(Video Explains)

Gold Dollar Mod -Purple Neon 13/16
Matt DeRuiter Purple Neon PJ / Amack Black
THB Lavender Creeper Shave Soap / Aftershave
Quinn's Lavender
Duke Cannon Randolph EdT

03.21.2023.JPEG
Today, the color purple is brought to you by @NurseDave 's Shaving World, where it is not the size of the pick, but the magic in it.......... Lavender, Lavender, Lavender... and more lavender. OK some leather and Bergamot as well. Love them or hate them The Holy Black does put out some nice stuff.... When you can get it. This is one of the best. Fantastic aroma from three different source lavenders, barrel aged and COLD! with the additive..... Hence "The Creeper"

Good 3-passes with the GD Mod with the Lindy, and finished off with Randolph, to tone down the lavender a bit. No bad for a Duke Cannon Target find. Cold and rainy for the beginning of Spring, so Kona is buried under blankets on the bed, and his kin up in Alaska are shaking their heads in sorrow. He has indeed become a Diva.

(Video posted)

Have a Great Tuesday Folks

Blackland Tradere / Personna
SV 2.0 Ivory / HMMW
SV Cosmo shave soap / Aftershave
Yardley Gold
Blue De Chanel EdP

19DB1110-4478-4A35-8D5C-A13DAB945E28.jpeg
An oldie but a good today as I killed it off. Had a few remnants left in the can, after the majority given out in samples. Citrusy, floral, dark, and gothic, but wonderful

The Tradere is such a nice razor and smooth, but nicely aggressive as well. Now I just need to find a Darwin (original or re-make) and for the time being the DE collection will be full

DSBBS shave today and the Powerhouse that is BdC announces itself long before walking into a room LOL

Some talc to finish and off to the shop for my Monday!

Have a good Wednesday folks!

Call me cynical but now I’m scared. This is not your normal modus operandi.😂😂😂
Hey....I don't always have to be the silly guy in the room. I'll have to start using my Sincere font when I'm trying to be ........um....what's the word? oh yeah....nice.

Hey....I don't always have to be the silly guy in the room. I'll have to start using my Sincere font when I'm trying to be ........um....what's the word? oh yeah....nice.
N. I. C. E. That word comes up blank in my database.😂😂😂😂

23 March 2023
Henson AL-13m / Personna
Teton Shave / synth
WCS Soloist shave soap / Aftershave
Replica Jazz Club

B36A5F02-91E4-4A2A-829A-587635CAD609.jpeg

Some more testing on the Henson today. Really liking this. The lightweight and thermal keeping properties of the aluminum make for a nice warm water shave

As to the software; Just Perfection! You would be hard pressed to find a nicer frag than Jazz club. Smokey, Boozy goodness. DSBBS as per norms with a little clean-up

Kona is digging the new organic salmon doggie cookies, however now expects two. One while I am making my lunch and coffee, and one when I am leaving. As my signature states…. I live for the “Real Wile E Coyote”

Have a great Thursday folks!

Back