The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

No, you obviously didn’t listen. I said the new versions of Penhaligon‘s suck. The fragrance house is still nice if they brought back their old stuff and Flores is one of my favorites I think I will buy you a box of Q-tips, so you can clean out your ears, and possibly a appointment for an ophthalmologist so you can see what you’re reading😂🤣😂

Brown Razor Works 5/8
Paladin
Pannacrema Nuavia Verde Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber mint
Pannacrema Nuavia Verde aftershave balm
Yardley talc
Acqua Di Gio EdT
E0AB9A1D-A1E7-439E-9E83-085E4858F23F.jpeg
If I ever had to choose a set up that I could live with over time, this would be it. Bright, fresh, and a fantastic way to start the day. My number two in the den, the Pannacrema is just plain outstanding. Was excited to see they finally came out with a aftershave product. The balm emulsifies quick, however I would love to see a splash as well. The ADG is now “re-stocked” and is the perfect accompaniment to the Verde.
With the BRW is was darn near the perfect shave!

Have a nice day folks

Blackland Tradere / Personna Lab Blue
Rubberset 400-4 / TGN Finest
Darwin Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind
Darwin Aftershave
Yardley talc
Floris 1962 EdP
B26220C5-DD97-4636-AC56-633011C5D606.jpeg
It is so nice to re-discover the shave gear, after the challenge. Today the Tradere, and such a wonderful shaver, as are most Blackland products. 2nd run with the Darwin, and it is very much like DRH Arlington but with a bit more citrus, and the soap is also a bit better. The only complaint is the “delivery system” of the aftershave. I get the feel of the “vintage” feel of the bottle, but as @NurseDave mentioned, with no reducer and a bad cork top, it is a bit of a challenge. A quick search finds an old “barber bottle” Pinaud reducer and cap works ok.

All other accoutrements were very nice for a DSBBS shave. The 1962 is a huge star, however it being unobtanium now I should have purchased more. Great juice

So nice to be back to “real” shaving

Have a great day folks!

Angry Old Man Syndrome affects 4 out of every 5 Daves. Its effects can be soothed with unnecessary watch purchases and expensive aftershaves. Northern California variants are only soothed by tea cups that don't look like tea cups. Symptoms include yelling at soaps and buying cuff links.

Angry Old Man Syndrome affects 4 out of every 5 Daves. When dealing with certain members from Las Vegas on a daily basis. Efffects can be soothed with wonderous watch purchases, cigar, scotch, and expensive aftershaves. Northern California variants are only soothed by tea cups , that are the envy of the world. Symptoms include yelling at soaps and buying cuff links.
FTFY

Back