The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Tedalus/ Feather pro-Guard (26)
Sorrentino / Cashmire
William Mug..........again
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Floris No 89 Aftershave
Yardley Gold
Floris No 89 EdP

02.26.2023.jpg
78 degrees yesterday and woke up to 1/2 inch of snow, rain sleet, and COLD. Only supposed to get into the 40's today. This weather just adds to , and is appropriate for the "Meh" weather that matches the "Sam Shave". Again a good shave thanks to accoutrements, but BORING! So boring, that I dedicate it to an westcoaster and a Philajersan ( @NurseDave and @Scuttlesoap . Since they are finally shedding their diapers and dipping their toes in the wonderful of Floris. ( I know I will regret the diaper statement). Anyway No 89 is widely regarded as the "Bond Fragrance" however it was never really mentioned that the super spy used it. Floris was mentioned, however it is widely known that Ian Flemming loved the House Floris and No. 89.

With Top notes are Lavender, Bergamot, Orange, Neroli, Petitgrain and Nutmeg; middle notes are Rose, Geranium and Ylang-Ylang; base notes are Musk, Sandalwood, Oakmoss, Virginia Cedar and Vetiver. It is a wonderful journey. Equally good in Summer and Winter. One of the Houses Best.

3-passes and DSBBS, the feather is still going strong, but some degradation is being noticed. The good news is, this Purgatory of Williams is beginning to show signs of end, as the puck is almost a pancake YAY!

Video to be posted,

Hope everyone have a Fantastic Sunday

P.S. - Congratulations to @mvargo @CVargo in Emily's Baptism today! Please join us in the Celebration!

02.27.2023 - Day #27 of Captivity

Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard (27)
Paladin Cleo
Williams Mug Soap............again meh
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Mint
Omega Aquae
Suavecito Ivory Bergamot
Yardley Elegance
Stirling Mediterranean Man

02.27.2023.JPEG
Captivity continues, and I think I am beginning to show the signs of Stockholm Syndrome with Williams and Feather. Must fight it, Must Fight it. Anyway good shave, good accoutrements and....

(Video Posted)

Have a Great Monday Folks.

03.01.2023- Day 29 of Captivity
Tedalus/Feather Pro Guard (29)
Sorrentino/TSC
Williams Mug (29)
Alum
Quinns
Yardley
Irisch Moos
Sports car club
4BC7C0FB-4AD4-4AD8-B6F7-B63298735819.jpeg
All about the green today… Well except for that ugly blue box, and the hideous contents. A great shave with the Tedalus and Feather

I have sent a request to my captors to allow a furlough for my birthday tomorrow ( going to do it anyway) as there are certain “niceties” that must be observed. I am almost drooling at the possibility of either 70th from SV, and a Koraat, or another “Real” straight Razor, or Pannacrema Nuavia, or maybe even Darwin as I do have a Pasteurs order that is arriving early. We shall see.

Plus 2-4 inches of snow in the am. It will be an interesting drive to work for sure

Bad news is I will have to return to Williams Prison on Friday sadly. However, parole is within the month I think

Have a good day folks

03.02.2023- furlough day allowed by @Spider aka thevez2, aka kj, aka Aragog

Cv Heljestrand MK*33
Noble Otter Synth
Darwin Shave soap
Alum
Quinns cucumber mint
Darwin aftershave
Yardley elegance talc
Ferrari Radiant Bergamot EdT
B79C00B7-D21B-44D7-B1EB-3033B62EE294.jpeg
After much negotiation our Constable of Williams allowed me a furlough for the day. These items were enabled by @NurseDave , and @Scuttlesoap and a blind buy. So glad I bought. Fantastic!!
With orange, lemon, ginger, lemongrass, and woods. Using the MK33 was also a treat, and it made me realize how much the feather is degrading.

The shave soap was very good as well. A great start to the day, although 4.5 inches of snow and a slippery drive to the shop where we had about 7 inches of the white stuff.

Finished off the the Ferrari Radiant Bergamot and talc of course. Going to be a good birthday with a catered Mexican meal tonight by my lovely @AvocadoQueen

Thanks for all the B-day wishes. 58 and still kicking…

Have a great day folks!

Back