The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

03.03.2023- Day #30 of Captivity

Vector/Feather Pro-guard (30)
Paladin Neptune Cleo
Williams Mug Soap
Alum
Quinns
Ethos Greenfresh aftershave
Talc
Azzaro Wild Mint
EBF0AFEA-8C73-401E-B504-5A4703ACAE8C.jpeg
Well…. Back to the cell after a wonderful conjugal visit with CV Heljestrand, Darwin, and a Ferrari.

The degradation of the feather is more apparent now after shaving with a straight that had just been honed. The Pro Guard is still doing well, just getting a tad “tuggy”.

The star of the show today was the Azzaro. I was bummed that 1962 by Floris is no longer available, even though I do have two bottles. As with most Floris special editions, once they are gone, they are gone. Good news is this Azzaro Wild Mint is close, very close. Now
If we can find an English Fern -a-like we would be Golden

Good shave today, with the bonus that I can begin to see the bowl through the puck. So, parole cannot be far away

Have a great day

03.04.2023 - Day 31 of Captivity

Tedalus/Feather Pro-Guard (31)
DeRuiter F1/synth
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Swiss Pitralon Aftershave
Ferrari Noble Fig EdP
Yardley Talc
6C98CF9D-FAAE-4024-A4B1-761063EF7057.jpeg
Switched back to the Tedalus today. The feather blade for some reason seems smoother in this than the Vector. More than likely the physics of each way the blade sits in the razor. I am excited that my parole from Williams prison may be sooner than expected. Although not in donut stage, it is becoming a bit thinner and more translucent…. YAY!
The Swiss Pitralon is only bested by Speick in protection and fade feel. It has a nice pear, fig, and a botanical fragrance, and was a perfect match for the Ferrari Noble Fig. The frag is on the lighter side, but has fantastic projection, and has a nice fig. The notes are
  1. Top Notes​

2. Heart Notes​

3. Base Notes​

Billed as unisex, it is a very nice daily wear Parfum

Good 3-pass shave as DSBBS

Have a great Saturday!

03.05.2023 - Day 32 of Williams Prison

Tedalus / Feather (32)
SV Ivory / HMMW
Williams mug Soap
Alum
Thayers Lemon
SV 70th Aftershave
Talc
SV 70th EdP

03.05.2023.jpg

Ahhh, the translucency of the Puck is really showing so the reality of Parole from Williams Prison is near. Today was a Fantastic shave with the SV 70th as the star. In my top 2 of frags, and just perfectly Italian. Actually brought out the Thayer Lemon to play today as well. DSBBS all the way.
( Video to follow )

Today is my Saturday #1 and the agenda today is Homefries with onions, Scrambled eggs and refried beans home made tortillas and coffee for the finality if the Carb laden "antidiabetic" birthday week, before I climb back on the wagon so to speak. A TSC zoom call later, 74 degrees and sunny, will make for a perfect Sunday.

Have a Blessed Sunday Folks.

03.06.2023 -Day 33 of Captivity

Tedalus /Feather (33)
Sorrentino Cola Brush / Synth - @Luecke3262
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn's Pnk Grapefruit& Orange Rind
Cold One Aftershave Milk
Yardley
Floris Elite

03.06.2023.JPEG
Request shave today by @Luecke3262 ... Well not the shave but the brush. To be "Matchy Matchy" however, needed to bring out the cola accoutrements. Sadly not the soap, as I am still in prison, but parole may only be a few days away, as the puck in now a translucent sliver in the bowl ( see video). The shave itself was wonderful as the Feather slogs on, Splashed on all good things cola, the Elite by Floris made it more of a Cube Libre type of shave...DSBBS all the way.

Barber errand day today... Bank, Fuel, Pro-Shop, and then to give Clarice a bath. Then home for Laundry duty and T-Bone Steaks on the Grill. So not a bad 2nd Saturday.

( Video Posted)

Have a Great day Gents!

03.07.2023 -Day #34 LIBERTAD!!!! It's over I am Free!

Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard ( 34)
Sorrentino Pillars of Creation / Synth
William's Mug Soap.... Goodbye Bill
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
TOBS Luxury Aftershave
TOBS Luxury Cologne
Yardley Elegance Talc.

03.07.2023 day 34 final day.jpg

ITS OVER! The last remnants of the Williams Disintegrated into the bowl and brush today, YAY!!!
giphy.gif

I knew I would be the 1st out, as I loaded soap very heavy during the 34 days of Captivity. It was Fun, while it lasted ( BWAHAHAHAHAHA), bit overall great shaves throughout. I kid about Williams but it is a Fantastic soap and, one of the slickest, if not the slickest. DSBBS shave today with some Archival TOBS finishing it out.

Will keep the blade going to see how far I can stretch a Pro guard, but I WILL not be using the Vector, nor the Tedalus (other than at the shop) for at least a week or more. Will be nice to dust off the straights and DE's for a change.

Thanks to @Spider and the other gang for this torture, and good luck in the contest to 100........NOT ME Thank God.

(Video Posted)

Have a Good Day Gents

03.08.2023-Freedom
Henson AL-14M / Personna Lab Blue (2)
Morris & Forndran
Penhaligon’s English Fern tallow shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber Mint
Asylum Royal Fougere aftershave
Penhaligon’s English Fern talc
Penhaligon’s English Fern EdT
E1D85A3E-BD98-4071-810C-2861225A5211.jpeg
Up with the dawn patrol today, but it was brighter, the air smelled sweet, birds were happy, dog was happy, as were the Feline overlords. It must mean my 1st day of freedom from Williams!

Of course, that meant English Fern! Also, continuing to evaluate the AL-13M. The best comparison is the ASD2. A bit more aggressive, but not much. It glides nice, however shave angle is a bit more horizontal and the weight is so light that it takes getting used to

The Royal Fougere is much sharper than the EF, however with the EF talc is smooths out

A perfect start to the day.

Have a great day folks

All I can say is….I am shocked…

1678294867565.gif

@NurseDave - all that conniving and convincing us that we need to get on the Floris bandwagon…….and what is the first thing he reaches for after his stint in captivity? Penhaligons. Like this wasn’t his plan already to hoard it all.

Back