The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Ok, bought a watch last week. Got sake this weekend. Have the rest of the day off. What are we shopping for today??
Well. Another Reyn Spooner, I have a watch on the way, Some shave soaps and Aftershaves for the Celebration of the death of Williams ( whenever that may come ) and possibly another watch or 5 LOL

02.24.2023- Day 24 of Captivity
Vector/Festher
Sorrentino
Williams
Alum
Quinns
Nivea 2 in 1
Yardley
Seneca
6B71F224-6C02-40A0-8820-88ABAA386A64.jpeg
Yahtzee 4 of a kind today quad 6. Anyway although the process over the last 24 days has been MEH, the shave was good today with the undisputed greatest SE razor in the Universe. Of course, that is the Vector! Period, no-argument, mic drop, case closed.

All the added accoutrements made the shave Groundhog Day that I am in, bearable

The captivity continues, however the light at the end of the tunnel is not a dim

Have a great day folks!

02.25.2023 Day 25 of Captivity
Vector/Feather pro guard
SV 2.0 tortoise/hmmw
Williams mug soap
Alum
Quinn’s
SV Cubebe aftershave
Yardley
SV Cubebe EdP

42BB4479-40E3-453A-99F9-A2BCDD5807F5.jpeg
The “meh” continues, however I did notice a bit of a divot in the Williams puck, so a donut can not be far behind, and the exodus from the Williams Wasteland. I load the soap heavy, so we are hopeful. The pro-guard is still producing great shaves. The Vector today, and transitioning back to the Tedalus straight tomorrow. We are approaching 5000 straight razor/open blade shaves, as well as 58 circles around the sun on Thursday. So I may cheat that day to have a “real” shave LOL

75 degrees today, 45 degrees on Sunday with some possible snow, the 60’s for a few days, then possible snow again on Wed/Thurs. so the weather rollercoaster continues LOL

The Cubebe made the shave nice before my Friday starts at the shop. Then a nice relaxing weekend I hope!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend as well

Have a good day

Yes Ronald Reagan. We were in an inspection line at Pope AFB and he stopped and talked and met with everyone. it was AMAZING, as was he
He was an amazing man. I met him also while he was in office. I was at the Smithsonian sitting outside with a girl I met and the girl and I were kissing and the presidents limo was going by and he stopped and they had me come up to the limo and he gave me a hard time about she and I kissing in public !! So I got disciplined by the president !! Honestly at the time I was embarrassed but later on it became one of those cool stories you seem to Never forget and it becomes funny to tell.... ( BTW this happened before they tightened up security because of the shooting..... ) I mean how many people can say they got disciplined by the President !! He had a great sense of humor ..

He was an amazing man. I met him also while he was in office. I was at the Smithsonian sitting outside with a girl I met and the girl and I were kissing and the presidents limo was going by and he stopped and they had me come up to the limo and he gave me a hard time about she and I kissing in public !! So I got disciplined by the president !! Honestly at the time I was embarrassed but later on it became one of those cool stories you seem to Never forget and it becomes funny to tell.... ( BTW this happened before they tightened up security because of the shooting..... ) I mean how many people can say they got disciplined by the President !! He had a great sense of humor ..
Sorry , I just realized for the first time that I had something wrong.. It was After Reagan had been shot, so security had Already been tightened but he still did that anyway... Wow ... I never realized that until now !!

Back