The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

You can remove all your facial hair in one pass because you have vellus hair and since you are a commoner, that means baby hair, those of us that have to do multi passes, have whisker, tensile strength of steel. That’s why we have to do more passes, but one of these days you’ll grow up and shave like a real man.🤣🤣🤣
I think you will find (and I'm hoping that day is later this summer) that my facial hair is quite tensile steel-like. I'm just not afraid to push the blade against my face. You're holding one pinky out when you lightly brush in the vicinity of your face.

I think you will find (and I'm hoping that day is later this summer) that my facial hair is quite tensile steel-like. I'm just not afraid to push the blade against my face. You're holding one pinky out when you lightly brush in the vicinity of your face.
Of course, if you had this money maker you would do the same. My fans and clients want to see a star, award winning Master barber and gentleman, not a one pass hobo🤠. A face like porcelain

View attachment 105211

But I’m having a vision for @heysi

View attachment 105210

You are on this CT Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.“

Obi-Wan is quite clearly on the council and very much a Jedi Master. Plus I always have the higher ground. So....winner.
Shhhh @heysi thinks that Obi-Wan is a real person. I think they changed his meds, so we’re gonna let him have this little psychosis. Don’t tell him, and just play along. Reports are that he’s been attacking people with his plastic light saber on the Vegas strip.🤪

So we’re gonna send him one of those fire hats with the siren on top that goes we woo, we woo, we woo. That should satisfy them for a while, at least, until he learns how to shave.🤪🤪

021723- 17th day of Captivity
Vector / Feather pro-guard (17/68)
Sorrentino
Williams Mug Soap
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Penhaligon’s Bayolea Aftershave
Penhaligon’s Bayolea EdT
Yardley Elegance talc
08AE4DD1-D559-4C52-9C17-1623A5F92023.jpeg
Good shave today, auto-pilot Bayolea was the star of the show

Have a good day folks

02.18.2023. : Day 18 of Captivity

Vector/feather pro-guard (18)
Sorrentino TSC Annv/ Badger
Williams mug soap
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Asylum Royal fougere aftershave
English Fern Talc
English Fern EdT
A3A6C83A-5F2A-44EE-951D-A16A40BA7D57.jpeg
Thank God for English Fern. Especially when trying to kill a soap. A good shave made perfect with the combo of Royal Fougere and EF. Sadly, both no longer in production
Anyway, I was in Vegas last night, I was tired from the road, unkempt, and stopped at a Vegas Taco bell. I noticed a snake crawling on a patron, and picked up my chair to whack it, when this short unshaven, hair thinning, crazy person yelled at me to stop. I guess he likes snakes, then he told me to get out. For my safety I exited…. Vegas people are not only crazy, but really should join a shave forum to learn how not to be a hobo. Geeze!
@heysi.

Have a good day folks 😜😜😂😂

Ok, bought a watch last week. Got sake this weekend. Have the rest of the day off. What are we shopping for today??

02.20.2023 Day #20 of Captivity

Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard (20/80)
GrayDog Tucson / Maggards SHD
Williams Mug Soap
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Ghost Town Barber aftershave
Yardley Gold Talc
Ghost Town Barber EdP
Demeter Saguaro Cactus EdC

02.20.2023.jpg

It continues..... Good News is it is Rodeo Week here in the Old Pueblo. With Tucson being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the US, we also can claim that the "La Fiesta De Los Vaqueros" is one of the oldest Rodeos as well. The one distinction is that our Rodeo Parade is the largest and oldest "non-mechanized" parade as well, which takes place on the 23rd, and you can watch it on KOLD.com for those interested.

This was the theme and choices in the GTB for today's shave. 3-passes and a clean-up with the Tedalus, and DSBBS. The pro-guard, after a bit of restoration ( alcohol bath and wipe down, and a flip of the blade ) seems to have a 2nd life. very smooth. You can feel some degradation but I am surprised how well it is doing. For future use, it will most certainly save some dough on replacing, by extending the life even more. So BONUS.

All in all a good morning beginning, as really nothing to do today, as "Errand Day" is postponed due to a stupid holiday. Lately, and in the last couple of decades, not many presidents I want to celebrate, except the one who was my Commander in Chief, who I was honored in meeting.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great Monday! Thanks for stopping by.

(VIDEO POSTED)

Back