The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Someone's a bit cranky when he's limited to the same soap and has the sniffles. SOMEONE GET THIS MAN A BOWL OF SOUP, A GOOD CIGAR AND SOME WHISKEY!! Oh, and a nap would be good.
Indeed it would and I messaged you a link on FB messenger that you might be interested in

02.14.2023 - Valentine Day Shave / Day 14 of Captivity

Tedalus / Feather Pro-guard 14/56 passes
Sorrentino Luca Brasi / Silvertip
Williams Mug Soap
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
WCS Soloist recovery splash
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods
Yardley Elegance Talc
Maison Margiela Jazz Club EdP

02.14.2023.JPEG
Captivity continues, however today we drowned our William's Sorrow in Whiskey, Cigars, Smoke, and Jazz Club. It made this Slog bearable with a nice DSBBS shave. I was hoping that the blade was finally falling off, however, it seems as if the Tedalus has rejuvenated the Pro-guard, and no end in site for either the soap or blade. Thank God for a LARGE variety of AS and fragrances to get me through.

We have breaking news as the CEO of @NurseDave 's Shaving World, one of our many sponsors has a new promotion and tag line, for his "Micro Shaving Device, and Guitar Pick" His Slogan however makes me wonder if it is derived from his personal life. You can decided by watching the video at 0.39--> Time hack.

Have a Good day Folks

(Video Posted)

I’d like to go out on a limb here and state that our good barber needs to step up his die game - coming at us with three normal dice (which he probably had Heysi lift for him at some craps table) just isn’t cutting it - no matter if he adds new colors - what is this? a die gang? are you the crypts or the bloods?

If you want to see how a real man rolls the die for a minimalist shave - our @OpusX sets the standard

1676419976955.jpeg

Now that is a die of a man that has come to play the game!

Last edited:
I’d like to go out on a limb here and state that our good barber needs to step up his die game - coming at us with three normal dice (which he probably had Heysi lift for him at some craps table) just isn’t cutting it - no matter if he adds new colors - what is this? a die gang? are you the crypts or the bloods?

If you want to see how a real man rolls the die for a minimalist shave - our @OpusX sets the standard

View attachment 105067

Now that is a die of a man that has come to play the game!
Says the man… err or Queen, that did not join us?? Your words mean nothing here Army Boy🤪🤪
Oh… and that limb… be careful if it cracks it is a long way down Mr. Humpty Dumpster😂😂

02.15.2023-Day15
Blackand Vector / Feather Pro-Guard (15)
Sorrentino
William
Royall Musk
Omega Aquae
D2ECF3C3-5BA9-47DB-AF6A-F3170AE4D8B3.jpeg
Ho hum . The Captivity continues. The only note of change was the snow we woke up to. The Williams/One blade challenged snails on
A real huge “Meh”

Have a good day folks

16Feb23- Day16 of captivity
Dawn Patrol

Vector/pro-guard (16/64)
Sorrentino
Williams mug
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber/mint
Cella Bio aftershave
Yardley talc
Goodfellow & Co. cedar wood geranium edt
9DE32A67-3792-490D-A5A5-29E6C0AB4A73.jpeg
Dawn Patrol at the shop today. 21 degrees at take-off, but a nice drive to the shop, being the only one on the road. Shave was good, DSBBS, but meh overall. So bored, but it is allowing me to experiment with as/frag combos. We trudge on

Have a good day folks

Still some snow on the ground at the shop
5C51F9E1-46DB-4FB8-ADA3-4A1620A7E36F.jpeg

There needs to be a CT executive council made up of the concierges that approves these slanderous attacks from high atop the thing that you hurl at the cadre. And I was calling you the dandy....I'm the one that uses the blade to remove all the facial hair in one pass....as men are inclined to do. You're barely brushing the peach fuzz off on each of your 18 passes.

There needs to be a CT executive council made up of the concierges that approves these slanderous attacks from high atop the thing that you hurl at the cadre. And I was calling you the dandy....I'm the one that uses the blade to remove all the facial hair in one pass....as men are inclined to do. You're barely brushing the peach fuzz off on each of your 18 passes.
You can remove all your facial hair in one pass because you have vellus hair and since you are a commoner, that means baby hair, those of us that have to do multi passes, have whisker, tensile strength of steel. That’s why we have to do more passes, but one of these days you’ll grow up and shave like a real man.🤣🤣🤣

Back