The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Ya well this will end for me either when the blade is junk, or the Williams is gone. Based on that, I think it will be the blade. If I make it another week I would be surprised. So when (thank God) that happens, I will take what it left of the Williams (if any) place it in the box, and bury it somewhere with the other puck I hope I forget where it is LOL

02.07.2023 - Day 7 of Captivity
Brought to you by the @Spider web of doom
Sponsored by @NurseDave 's Shaving World Terra-Cotta Division
and for:
@Scuttlesoap

View attachment 104561
The Pro-Guard jumped back to the Tedalus today, and is smoothing our nicely. I jest on the "Captivity" however, I am getting great shaves, as the more you use Williams, the better it gets. It is the boredom and monotony of one soap and one blade that will probably be my undoing in this challenge. All the other software is fantastic and today was no exception as the CEC review of Elite was laser beam directed @Scuttlesoap

More Deets in today's video ( posting soon)

I find it entertaining to see @NurseDave take the step in his "highbrow" position to become a refined, well-dressed gentlemen ( well to those that know him.....well as best as he can ). Suits, French Cuffs, soon to be sporting the true Gentleman's Fragrances of the House Floris. I am sure a Cane/umbrella with ornate handle, round glasses, and a bowler hat are not to far in the future, and if he does not buy I am sure he may get one via delivery Muahahahahha.

I remember my insurance brokerage days of $$$$ suits, $$$ ties, expensive Shirts, cuff links and other accoutrements, however now I have gone the other direction Sneakers, Shorts, and or Jeans, button down shirts, Aloha shirts, and flip flops. I wear a Barber Smock the majority of the time now so the Suits, Ties, Cuff Links, and Alden wingtips, cap toes, oxfords, and so forth collect dust in the closet. Good for him. I am glad I have reverted to what I call "Barber Comfortable" "Aloha Shirt Centric" or "AZ Hobo" either way I am perfectly comfortable with that, LOL.

Have a Good Day folks

PS..... Ya Ya the watch is the same, until an upcoming mail call, LOL

Perfectly self ironed shirts lightly starched and creased with precision to the shoulder. The perfect double Windsor knot yielding exacting tie extension just breaching the belt buckle. Shoe polish, shoe polish, shoe polish….No spit shine for this civilian who missed a stint with Uncle Sugar, but a rich deep colorful and glossy finish. Yeah, I like casual too.

02.12.2023 Day 12 of Captivity

Tedalus / Pro-Guard 12/48
Deruiter F-1 / Synth
Williams, Williams, It haunts my dreams
T&H 1805
Alum
Quinns Lavender
Yardley Gentlemen Talc
YSL Rive Gauche pour homme

02.12.2023.JPEG
Hmmm. Let's see. Not only are we on the Williams Hamster wheel, but a "Crud" has caught up to me. Had a bit of a cold, or at least some allergy issues last week, but it seemed to go away. Then this past Thursday a client came in stating he was "Just getting over a cold" and promptly sneezed into the cape, and then WIPED HIS NOSE!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Sometimes people so not realize what utensils of death I am very good at wielding, and obviously they never saw Sweeney Todd! when I was shaving him, I realized how easy it would be to separate said sneezy man from his neck. Maybe I need a vacation LOL

This is why we are one step above apes. I mean ask for a $^$%& Kleenex you idiot, have a bit of concern for your fellow man, and barber, you self entitled $%$$#% #$%%#. Anyway immediately tossed into the laundry bin and fogged the entire shop in Lysol. Thankfully I have at least 10-12 capes for these reason. So I was ok until late Wedesday. Friday came, as did the waterfall of runny nose. However with winds in the 30's and Palo Verde beginning to bloom the Pollen count was off the chart, so a Claritin, and no big deal, right? WRONG. Saturday morning I awoke to notice it was a bit more than that, fever, and all the crud that goes along with a cold. The Covid Spectre looming, I tested , and thankfully was negative.

I had already rescheduled a bunch from last week, taking a few sick days, so I was scheduled until 7pm. Not only did it represent about $800 in revenue, but I had already bumped these folks back.. So armed with Dayquil, Gloves, and a mask I trudged through. Got home around 8:30 pm, switched to the Green Elixir of death, and promptly was OUT. A good night sleep and awakening at 11:30 am, it was nice to see that I can sleep in when a Nyquil induced coma is introduced. Feel much better today, still have the crud, still in my chests, but no more fever, and tested again and still Negatory Covid thank God.

I also wrote a quick blog to my clients re-iterating, that if you are sick, stay home ( although I broke my own cardinal rule, however I was almost in a bunny suit ) and do not use my capes as a personal handkerchief. I went on to state, that " I realize that I am booked out until the Middle of May, and realize you do not want to miss an appointment, but, had this been worse all my clients would have suffered" Anyway I, have become cynical insofar as some folks could care less about their fellow man, and could care less about anyone but themselves. We wonder why the world is in the state it is in.... Oh yea this is a shave Journal. Rant Over.

Anyway..... a good shave, although my wife said "Your sick... Why are you shaving" That was actually a good question, as I had nowhere to go, but NO HOBO, were my thoughts. Nice 3-pass shave with T&H and Rive Gauche as follow up. Can't smell them but rely on memory for that, LOL.

Have a good Day Folks

(Video Posting soon)

Sorry you’ve got the cruds my friend - it‘s hard to believe folks can be so obtuse - but I believe we have seen common courtesy leave the building years ago.

I think you should be authorized to install one of these as your barber’s chair in these cases…..

1676237136555.gif

Inconsiderate customer removed to prevent exposure - the flame decontaminate the area. Still working to get this past the prototype.

1676237245336.gif

Sorry you’ve got the cruds my friend - it‘s hard to believe folks can be so obtuse - but I believe we have seen common courtesy leave the building years ago.

I think you should be authorized to install one of these as your barber’s chair in these cases…..

View attachment 104897

Inconsiderate customer removed to prevent exposure - the flame decontaminate the area. Still working to get this past the prototype.

View attachment 104898

Hang in there Dave. Hope you get well soon!
Thanks Gents

02.13.2023 - Day #13 of Captivity: Knight of the Veg Table, a Labyrinth, Zombies, and the Bog of Eternal Stench ( Those that know...know )

Essence / Feather Pro-Guard 13/52 passes
Blackland Blackbird Brush / Synth
Williams Mug Soap
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal Aftershave
Yardely Elegance Talc
Trumper's Eucris EdT

02.13.2023.JPEG
Knights of the Veg, Zombies, Labyrinths, The Bog of Eternal Stench, and feathers...Oh My. Well here we are on Day #13 of the Self imposed captivity for @Spider 's One blade Williams Challenge. What better way to illustrate the suffering, than to embark on a quest to the Bog of Eternal Stench. Knights in Armour, Zombies, Rusty blades, and Nyquil..... What a better way to have a shave........ (See Video for Entire Journey!)

Actually a very good shave, and just like Tabacaveg, the Eucris is a great partner to the Veg. Those of you poor, poor souls that are not chosen are missing on a Life changing fragrance. I feel sad for you. Also Just FYI, I will not be relinqueshing any of my current Penhaligon's Scents to the False Lord and his Criminal squire (@NurseDave and @Scuttlesoap ) They failed to understand that my feeling on Penhaligon's is on their current line up, not the older more perfect fragrances that are in short supply. Not to mention they are WAAAAAY to old to get the new stuff. It would be like @ nursedave without his gray tinged mustache and @Scuttlesoap with hair. Never gonna happen..... ( J/K ) but they have more gray hair than I do..... Well in @Scuttlesoap 's case that is assumed, LOL

Have a good day Folks..

See the Quest!

(Video Posted)

Back