The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

04 February 2023 - Day 4 of Captivity: OBSERVATIONS
"Cactus Shave"

02.04.2023.jpg

Today's Shave is all about Cactus, since I am being "pricked" by the Alien taskmaster @Spider in my Captivity of Williams and Feather. The Cholla Cactus represented by the GrayDog brush of the Same same is a Cholla Skeleton from the Ranch. The Opuntia represents the various types of Prickly Pear Cactus, also throughout the property. Finally the Cologne "Saguaro Cactus" given to me by @Scuttlesoap , represents the Towering Saguaro Cactus that is the fame of so many motion pictures, truly a Western Icon. Normally I would have used my "Cactus" straight Raxor, but I am a captive after all of the above mentioned Alien Mind Trick.

After come home early yesterday afternoon with a Cold, Flu, or crud, I determined that a good course of action was to self medicate and sleep. So by 1600 hrs I was nicely tucked away to have the "Big N, little Y, and Big freakin Q" work on my fever, and off to Hypersleep. I thought the effects of the NyQuil were affecting said hypersleep, when at about 0700 hrs I was awoken by a number of claxon horns ( doorbell from Star Trek TNG ), and a discussions of why we should visit Uranus. Again I thought this was just Hypersleep effects, but no! It was the likes of @CVargo , @Luecke3262 , @Majorrich and I am sure a host of other "Spaceballs" level intelligence. After a Delete I decided that I would decend further into hyersleep and Go back to bed.

At Approximately 11:45 hours I finally awoke, and it appeared if the fever broke, and I was having the after effects of the Nyquil hypersleep and pondered why buy alcohol? This crap is cheaper, and one shot of the Green Fluid of Death....... and instant comatose state.

The Shave:

So after observing Kona, checking to see if I was alive, and Ruger awaiting my death for fresh meat, I decided I was feeling good to get up, have a strong cup of coffee, and decide if indeed I was to shower and shave. Not ever wanting toe be tagged a Shave Hobo again, and not to mention the sooner I shave the sooner this Williams Captivity Hell is over.

There is a plus side to this Captivity insofar as I picked the two best SE razors on the Market. However, that being said, and with the one blade captivity as well, I also picked to two hardest razors to switch blades from ( feather Pro-guard ) Observative history suggests that there may be finger blood before this captivity is over

(It should be noted that this narrative is being written under a fresh dose of Nyquil)

I digress. The shave was very good, however it seems as if the Williams puck, decided that it would channel its inner Pre de Provence, and in the 4-days of captivity, loading extra soap, it seems to be re-constituting itself each evening... So this could take awhile. Anyway 3-passes, very slick, DSBBS with "The Wraith" and it least it felt like a straight shave.

Captivity Log Day #4
Submitted 020402023

Thanks for stopping by :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

02.06.2023 - Day #6 of Williams/ Feather Captivity

Vector / Feather Pro-guard (6)
Noble Otter Synth
Williams
Seaforth Black Watch

02.06.2023.JPEG

Yeah.... it continues....
(Video posted)

and .... This continues as well, but at least it is a Black Watch, LOL

02.06.2023.jpg

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by

02.07.2023 - Day 7 of Captivity
Brought to you by the @Spider web of doom
Sponsored by @NurseDave 's Shaving World Terra-Cotta Division
and for:
@Scuttlesoap

02.07.2023.JPEG
The Pro-Guard jumped back to the Tedalus today, and is smoothing our nicely. I jest on the "Captivity" however, I am getting great shaves, as the more you use Williams, the better it gets. It is the boredom and monotony of one soap and one blade that will probably be my undoing in this challenge. All the other software is fantastic and today was no exception as the CEC review of Elite was laser beam directed @Scuttlesoap

More Deets in today's video ( posting soon)

I find it entertaining to see @NurseDave take the step in his "highbrow" position to become a refined, well-dressed gentlemen ( well to those that know him.....well as best as he can ). Suits, French Cuffs, soon to be sporting the true Gentleman's Fragrances of the House Floris. I am sure a Cane/umbrella with ornate handle, round glasses, and a bowler hat are not to far in the future, and if he does not buy I am sure he may get one via delivery Muahahahahha.

I remember my insurance brokerage days of $$$$ suits, $$$ ties, expensive Shirts, cuff links and other accoutrements, however now I have gone the other direction Sneakers, Shorts, and or Jeans, button down shirts, Aloha shirts, and flip flops. I wear a Barber Smock the majority of the time now so the Suits, Ties, Cuff Links, and Alden wingtips, cap toes, oxfords, and so forth collect dust in the closet. Good for him. I am glad I have reverted to what I call "Barber Comfortable" "Aloha Shirt Centric" or "AZ Hobo" either way I am perfectly comfortable with that, LOL.

Have a Good Day folks

PS..... Ya Ya the watch is the same, until an upcoming mail call, LOL

I am sure a Cane/umbrella with ornate handle, round glasses, and a bowler hat are not to far in the future,
What is just sad is that no matter how sweet that looks, it would be socially unacceptable in most situations now.

02.09.2023- day 9 of Captivity and 36 passes in
Vector/Feather pro-guard (9/36)
Sorrentino
Williams
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber mint
Noble Otter logbook aftershave / EdT
Yardley Gold talc
07DE6FB3-8F33-4D83-A917-36EFFF358B94.jpeg
Hey! Guess what! Ya another day with Williams blah blah, and another shave with the feather. As mentioned before good shaves, but boring. I am noticing after 9 days and 36 passes that the pro guard is beginning to fall off a bit. Not quite sure if this blade will make it to the end of the month.

Also finally called the Watch Challenge good and let the Carrera take a rest while this one take over
For a day or two
C4CB99E3-7EF2-4105-A5FB-DF37576D4612.jpeg
The Williams slog continues with no end in site LOL

Thanks for stopping by

Spider, former Air Force, started the trend and the challenge…..Barber Dave, former Air Force, promotes it on his videos…..same ol‘ same ol’ soap and blade- coincidence?

1675961941561.gif

Bring in the Army!!

1675961730598.gif

Hey @BarberDave have you heard of or tried Bullgoose Gentleman's Nod Sir Winston soap and aftershave? It's supposed to be similar to Penhaligons... Just thought I would mention it in case you haven't because I remember you saying something about Penhaligons before....

Hey @BarberDave have you heard of or tried Bullgoose Gentleman's Nod Sir Winston soap and aftershave? It's supposed to be similar to Penhaligons... Just thought I would mention it in case you haven't because I remember you saying something about Penhaligons before....
I have not but might be worth a try

Back