The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

GD Kamisori now Supercurved..... kinda
Cella Red Brush .Synth
A&E Kaizen Shave soap / aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Mint
Yardley Talc
Penhaligon's Endymion Concentre EdP

01.29.2023.JPEG

Another Go with the KAMI today, after the re-wrap. Took it across linen, leather and about 60 laps on the Supercurve Strop. It helped and smoothed out the edge a bit. This razor now is super light and really does approximate a real Kami. Hard to believe it began its life as a Gold Dollar Folder. 3-passes with the Kaizen, followed by Mostly oriental themed stuff for a nice BBS shave. Still need to work the edge a bit, but it will get there. Also getting used to shaving a new way has also been a challenge.

Today is prepping stuff for shipements, and trying a recipe for Chicken Picatta for dinner.. We will see how that goes. Temps in the high 60's today, so warm, but windy before we get cold and rainy again Mon/Tues. I am sooo ready for the +100 degree temps, so I can bitch about how hot it is and wish it would get cold... The AZ curse, we have Surface of the Sun, then Pluto. so only 2 seasons,

Thanks for stopping by and have a Blessed Sunday.

Also another BIG congrats to my partner @CVargo and his lovely wife @mvargo in bringing Emily Joy to this world to make it a better place!

Have a Blessed Sunday!

(VIDEO POSTED)

Jerry Stark 6/8 Kamisori 1/2 hollow
Sorrentino
Mystic Water Jasmine Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn's PGFOR
Pitralon Aftershave
Duke Cannon Seneca EdT

01.30.2023.jpg
Brought our the re-wrapped Stark today and it was fantastic a good stop on the linen, leather, and followed up on the "SuperCurve" balsa strop for a Killer Edge. Smooth and 3-passes for DSBBS. Mystic Water does not get a ton of play here anymore and we would love to see more of Michelle on the boards, as her products are some of the finest @Mystic Water . The Jasmine used today being my favorite. All aspects of the shave were good as well.

It's errand day Monday, so off to the bank, the Pro-Shop, and more. Having a good shave to start out the day sure helps.

(Video Posted)

Have a Great Monday Folks

Henson Al-13M / Personna Lab Blue
Teton Shaving / Synth
PdP #63 Shave Soap
Omega Aquae Serum
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods Aftershave
Goodfellow #6 EdT

01.31.2022.jpg
1st test flight with the Henson. Opted for the "M" version as it is supposed to be a bit more aggressive, based on reviews. Glad I did as this is still an extremely mild razor. Even with adjusting angle of attack , you cannot feel this blade whatsoever. Even at the "medium" it is more mild than the ASD2 and super light, obviously being aluminum. Being used to SS and other heavier metaled razors, it could be about pressure. Still after 3-passes and some cleanup it provided a very nice shave for the 1st go. The color is what got me. They call it tan but I would say it is a mash up of Rose Gold and Bronze. I would love to have a watch case in this color. Had to get the stand....well... because and for a total of sub $100 for the whole set it was worth it.

All if the other accoutrements worked very well and now I have a "Matchy Matchy" razor to go with the Teton Shave Brush

Thanks for stopping by and for a test flight review....

(Video Posted)

Careful though! Despite the extreme mildness (almost to the point of where you lose where the cutting angle is), it can still rough you up if you apply too much pressure lol.

Careful though! Despite the extreme mildness (almost to the point of where you lose where the cutting angle is), it can still rough you up if you apply too much pressure lol.
I agree I even mentioned that it in my video. I see where it could be deceiving

Near as I can figure, you ran out of watches 1/28/23. Or are you getting matching shaving gear for the rest of your watches?

02.01.2023 watch challenge continue and Day One of the lunacy begins!!

01EE033F-F5B5-4315-BD3F-3426561A2AF5.jpeg
Indeed as the Direktor of the CEC it is my obligation to learn the ways of the minimalistic heathens that 3017 or use one blade till it disintegrates. So the journey to insanity begins. Same soap, same blade, although two different razors in the Vector and Tedalus…. So at least there is quality in that. Williams of course is fantastic, but 100 shaves with the SAME SOAP??

Had to do it for research and for my insane brother @Spider

What is this lunactic fringe type of shaving. Not to mention I just got a new razor LOL. See you in March Mr. Henson🤧

Good shave today with the Vector, and the soap is always good. Can the Pro-guard make it for the month in two different razors…. We shall see

At least the brush, AS, and frag can be different, so I may not slip into the brain numbing 3017 pattern

Bruce inquired, so we are back to a watch matchy with my Carrera today on SS
192E6A6B-462F-46BE-BE6A-25D173A056C2.jpeg

Have a nice day, and pray for me🤠🤠

02.02.2023- Day #2 of research project
87E201D5-D217-4F3C-8691-606429690DD5.jpeg
As the sun arose over the beautiful Catalina mountains, the realization of my second day decent into madness with the same soap, same razor, and same blade. Only 97 more time to go woohoo. As the research into this lunacy continues, and as an added challenge, of which I am sure to fail, I shall also wear the same watch (hahahahahaha). With 4 watches on the way to me (1 new and 3 coming back from the spa). So I give this part of the experiment a 99% chance of a bail.

As to the other I will slog on (boring). Although all the items are fantastic products… Variety is the spice of life……. And I am SPICY! LOL

Kona came to the den today, as I was complaining, snorted as of to say….
“ you know those “flavored doggie bones” with all the colors. ARE ALL THE SAME”

“ so no sympathy here hooman. Suck it up cupcake and give me cheese”

Thanks for stopping by
Here is the 3017 watch….. I give it 4 days LOL

818C8890-C5BC-4C6F-8D94-134DD951B548.jpeg

So as I understand it... you are pleased with the products and their results. You are stressed by the prospect of 3+ months of shaves with products you like, with good results? :eek:
Ya because I have better and more fun with variety. Shaving is not a chore it is a way of life!

“Life is too short to 3017 anything” LOL

Ya because I have better
Ah, so you're deliberately using products admittedly not your best (but pretty good, or good enough, apparently), and you are now bemoaning that fact? Hmm... with ample other choices available, why would I stock what I've previously judged inferior? I'll pass on the Williams, thank you.

Another aspect of Dave's 3017 Adventure is the honor of being chosen to participate in groundbreaking research. So there's that. :)

Ah, so you're deliberately using products admittedly not your best (but pretty good, or good enough, apparently), and you are now bemoaning that fact? Hmm... with ample other choices available, why would I stock what I've previously judged inferior? I'll pass on the Williams, thank you.

Another aspect of Dave's 3017 Adventure is the honor of being chosen to participate in groundbreaking research. So there's that. :)
You’re just upset still from the Penhaligon’s Blasted Willy incident. I have apologized for that.

Penhaligon’s Blasted Willy incident.
I grated a Williams puck, turned it green with my secret ingredient, and renamed it 'Lectric Willy. I don't think I used it a week before pitching it. I don't abide below standard shaves, or I should say, I do my best to avoid them. It starts with the lather, IMO.

Day #3 of being a P.O.W. (Prisoner of Williams)

6ECDCFB6-D4BE-4C34-A304-EB01ACD1E5CC.jpeg
Captivity Log Day#3
Although a good shave…. I am already bored with the soap, and the razor. Although the Vector is the best SE razor in the known universe, and. Williams is the slickest soap, again in the known universe, I equate this self imposed captivity in the name of CEC validation.

This practice, I equate to eating the same food, drinking the same drink, or cigar. The quality of the items are great. But why?

Do you eat Mexican Food everyday ?
Do you drink the same Scotch everyday?
The same cigar?
SHORT ANSWER…. NO!

However, I made the choice and commitment, so I will prevail, even though there is no doubt of the mental and emotional toll this captivity will most certainly be deploy embedded.

The captivity continues….🤪🤪🤪😂😂🤠🤠

First, let me compliment you on your choice of razors, well done sir.

Two, I could each fish tacos everyday and be happy - it’s all in the condiments - guac one day, salsa the next, etc.

Third, I would never drink Scotch - it would be like shaving with an Occam using fermented lemon juice as a preshave and kimchi as soap while putting out that cigar on my tongue. I have this nagging feeling that William Wallace would have had a much better outcome in Braveheart had he had another drink of choice - perhaps a margarita.

Back