The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

01.25.2023- day 10 @Graybeard57 watch challenge
Gillette Super Adjustable / Personna
Paladin PK-47
Ethos Greenfresh shave soap
Ethos Greenfresh skin food splash and restorative serum
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Floris 1962 EdP
Yardley Elegance talc

68AF3BD3-60B0-49C4-9487-3BD3CE5B694C.jpeg
Very nice shave at “o-dark thirty”. Hence the DE. This is a favorite combo and topped off with the spearmint notes of the Floris made for a nice DSBBS Shave! A new addition was the Yardley Elegance talc. What it is not is English Fern, however it is a nice green fougere talc, and the closest I have seen to the now almost extinct EF Talc

So it’s green so back to the Oris, but on a different band to fulfill the watch challenge

1C13F7C1-1FE4-494B-AA45-A6C6168F5D35.jpeg
Have a great day folks

Oh I saw in your videos you mention about stuff and mailing does the include the Christmas eve eve drawings too ? I was just curious.....

26 Jan 2023 day #11 @Graybeard57 watch challenge
Wosty 8/8
Graydog keyhole/ synth
Floris Elite shave soap
Floris Elite aftershave
Floris Elite EdT
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Yardley Talc
EE4246F9-049D-48B9-BA19-5B135A876A5D.jpeg
Fantastic shave today with the “cleaver”. Floris always provides a good platform, as do all the accoutrements that are post shave. The Elite is a bit lighter and more citrus, but keeps some very nice warm notes. Good DSBBS shave

As for the watch an elite soap requires an Elite watch and movement. So the Tourbillon won the challenge for today. Gold and blue accents of the hands, dial and the gold on the movement make it a “matchy matchy”

2E8A5389-D9AE-4B3E-8688-477FA7308E37.jpeg
Have a great day folks

27 Jan 2023 “Let’s go Racing”. @graybeard watch Challenge Day #11
Blackland Vector ( audible called after photo was taken )
Sorrentino 2017 Barzini/Tuxedo synth
Acqua di Parma shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber mint
Boellis Daytona aftershave
Penhaligon’s Sports Car Club EdP

7D094F98-C73A-42AF-B6A6-24E2768FB027.jpeg
Today’s watch, inspired a trip around to the world’s finest Racing areas. 1st to Italy and the reported favorite of the Tifosi, and the man himself Enzo Ferrari. AdP is the one that started the Italian Citrus craze, and a luxurious soap and sent. 2nd the razor.

Although made in the USA it has the lines of the finest sports cars ever made. Sleek, powerful and an extension of the driver. Unlike the “moose”, or Oren which approximates in looks to the front grill of a 58 Buick, and just lacking compared to the Vector.

The Brush, a look that resembles road courses on a map, and Italian made

On to Daytona for the aftershave and an homage to another great racing venue. Finally to British isles and a nod to the legends of racing and the cars and motorcycles there with the Pen’s Sports car Club. A perfect shave.

Need to thank @Graybeard57 for these themed based challenges. The watch today an Invicta Speedway. A very nice homage to tue Rolex Daytona

2C5E2ED9-C213-455D-93D4-A6032D627CAE.jpeg
Have a fantastic day folks
Thanks for stopping by!

28 January 2023
Gillette Red Tip / Personna
Sorrentino/cashmere
Speick Shave Stick/aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s
Yardley talc
Speick Men EdT
DB340719-A810-4F40-80D6-13ABD4041622.jpeg
In a hurry this morning, so a grab and go shave. Speick is an easy way to do this, especially in the shave stick. All other items were quick and easy

It’s Friday…. For me anyway, and finally a nice sunny weekend for the beginning of the Gem show and the miles I will put on following the Queen of Avocados while she is in her artistic element LOL. But there are meteorites so I will be happy LOL

Have a great day folks

28 January 2023
Gillette Red Tip / Personna
Sorrentino/cashmere
Speick Shave Stick/aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s
Yardley talc
Speick Men EdT
View attachment 103676
In a hurry this morning, so a grab and go shave. Speick is an easy way to do this, especially in the shave stick. All other items were quick and easy

It’s Friday…. For me anyway, and finally a nice sunny weekend for the beginning of the Gem show and the miles I will put on following the Queen of Avocados while she is in her artistic element LOL. But there are meteorites so I will be happy LOL

Have a great day folks
I want a SuperCurve Majik Meteor so I can raise my prices even more. 😎

I want a SuperCurve Majik Meteor so I can raise my prices even more. 😎
Be careful Bill, or you'll end up as a full-time honeist! Once upon a time at my work a customer that my sales manager didn't want to have to do the work for asked for a quote on a particular job. i drew it, but he ramped the price up to eye-watering proportions hoping they'd go away.
Nope.

T

Be careful Bill, or you'll end up as a full-time honeist! Once upon a time at my work a customer that my sales manager didn't want to have to do the work for asked for a quote on a particular job. i drew it, but he ramped the price up to eye-watering proportions hoping they'd go away.
Nope.

T
I am already absolutely the most expensive Honer in the business.
Sounds like an excellent business model……Most Expensive +10%

I am already absolutely the most expensive Honer in the business.
Sounds like an excellent business model……Most Expensive +10%
Well Sorry to say , But , It that's the case , I guess I shall Not be sending stuff to you... Sorry.....☹️

Well Sorry to say , But , It that's the case , I guess I shall Not be sending stuff to you... Sorry.....☹️
My statement was said very much in jest my friend…long story.

It is my opinion that folks using straight razors learn to sharpen them their way, to their satisfaction.
Not everyone is willing to travel the sometimes costly and or time consuming road to follow that particular recommendation.
The use of a sharpening services of different sorts and their professional pecking orders and egos, can easily be catalysts to the robust feuds often found in ‘The Kingdom of Straights’

As an honorable shave enthusiast and outstanding member of this forum, and out of my thanks and respect for your military service, you will qualify for my special discount arrangements which art not available to just everyone.

Jimmy, if you want to try an edge of mine, I’ll do it for free initially, AND for as long as it takes to decide if it is worth the commitment to make that pursuit on your own. Should you decide that honing is not for you and you wish to continue with my services over others you may try, we can work out arrangements privately, which usually involves some gentlemanly commitments to charitable causes in which I do not handle any funds for which I would then have liabilities to some gubbament authority.

Please understand my, at times, irreverent cynicism and PM me if you wish.

Sincerely,
Bill

My statement was said very much in jest my friend…long story.

It is my opinion that folks using straight razors learn to sharpen them their way, to their satisfaction.
Not everyone is willing to travel the sometimes costly and or time consuming road to follow that particular recommendation.
The use of a sharpening services of different sorts and their professional pecking orders and egos, can easily be catalysts to the robust feuds often found in ‘The Kingdom of Straights’

As an honorable shave enthusiast and outstanding member of this forum, and out of my thanks and respect for your military service, you will qualify for my special discount arrangements which art not available to just everyone.

Jimmy, if you want to try an edge of mine, I’ll do it for free initially, AND for as long as it takes to decide if it is worth the commitment to make that pursuit on your own. Should you decide that honing is not for you and you wish to continue with my services over others you may try, we can work out arrangements privately, which usually involves some gentlemanly commitments to charitable causes in which I do not handle any funds for which I would then have liabilities to some gubbament authority.

Please understand my, at times, irreverent cynicism and PM me if you wish.

Sincerely,
Bill
Im sorry for misunderstanding your other comment was in jest..I apologize to you and wish to thank you for taking the time to post your reply and for the generous offer..

Back