The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

15 January 2023

Feather DX Kamisori / Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino Pillars of Creation / Synth
The Holy Black Bamboo Shave Soap / Aftershave
Quinns Cucumber
Alum
Clubman Talc

01.15.2022.jpg
What a difference a day makes. Two days close to 80 degrees and today 50's rain, and a slight chance of snow flurries over the next couple of night. I guess California was upset that we were "bogarting" all the good weather LOL. Today's shave was just awesome with the Kami, and THB Bamboo. The more I use this combo, the more I like it. A bit of clean-up and DSBBS. El Doggo is cold and Burritofied under his blanket, as like @AvocadoQueen anything below 70, and they are in "artic" mode.

"El Brucero" ( @Graybeard57 ) has mandated that my worn wristwatch for the day match a component of my shave to be truly "Matchy Matchy". so for today....

01.15.2022.jpg

The shave photo is a bit dark, but the brush and the dial of this one are very close. This may become a bit of a challenge moving forward, but we will try to keep the streak going.

(Video Posted)

Have a Blessed Sunday folks

"El Brucero" ( @Graybeard57 ) has mandated that my worn wristwatch for the day match a component of my shave to be truly "Matchy Matchy". so for today....
OMGoodness, wasn't aware I was mandating. It was meant to be suggestive only, a kind of challenge. I really shouldn't be trusted judging colors, as I'm somewhat color blind (red & green). I can pass the lantern test, but never those plates or slides that have letters or numbers.

OMGoodness, wasn't aware I was mandating. It was meant to be suggestive only, a kind of challenge. I really shouldn't be trusted judging colors, as I'm somewhat color blind (red & green). I can pass the lantern test, but never those plates or slides that have letters or numbers.
I am here for you Bruce, always and forever LOL

01.16.2023 - Day 3 of "El Brucereo Watch Challenge"

Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple
Sorrentino GID Barzini / Cashmere
@CBLSoap.com Orion Hammam Spa Shave Soap / Apothecary Tonic Aftershave
Alum
Talc
Penhaligon's Savoy Steam EdC

01.16.2023.jpg
A very nice Shave today. Cold, Cloudy, Rainy Dreary was the theme of the day. Been raining for about 36-40 hrs now. Not anywhere near the problems in Cali, and here we need all we can get. Snow in the Mountains, and rain in the valleys. Problem is all of us from here have Solar Panels built in so we operate on SUN, LOL. This reminds me of when I was stationed in Alaska and Washington State.... I want it to get hot again, so we can complain about that, LOL

I still think the CBL Orion base is the best on the planet as far as overall performance and the Hammam Spa being the best of that best. A dupe of Savoy Steam ( the older version ) and just perfect. The Blue Banana gave a perfect DSBBS shave as well.

(Video Posted(

As to the Wristwatch challenge for "El Brucero" @Graybeard57, this was a tough one, but was able to match the coloring, as well as the bow on the Penhaligon's bottle with the watch strap.... This is getting tougher

01.16.2023.jpg
Have a Nice Day folks and thanks for stopping by

01.16.2023.jpg
Dave, i LOVE this watch. Simple, yet elegant. I much prefer a clean watch face, without dials/windows/doodads/numbers to distract.

01.17.2023 Day #4 of the "El Brucero" Watch Challenge ( @Graybeard57 )
Gillette Fatboy (7) / Personna Lab Blue
Paladin Chief / Sabini Blonde Badger
Paladin Tobacco Road Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Clubman Reserve Whiskey Roads Aftershave
Talc
Maison Margiela Jazz Club

01.17.2023.jpg
Well.. Tuesday errands today, due to the holiday, so a quick DE shave was in order. I was at the pro-shop yesterday picking up some supplies for the shop and realized I did not have the Whisky Woods, and this was a perfect combo and matched beautifully with Jazz Club. Whereas the Clubman is a bit headier as a scotch blended note the Jazz club is more bourbon and cigars. The soap adds a pipe tobacco entry, so it all works perfectly. The Chief did it's job as Paladin brushes always do, and the Fatboy.... well again perfection in a DE. DSBBS and ready to hit the road.

(Video Posted)

In other news, it finally stopped raining, now for the clearing and real cold. We did get almost 2 inches over the last 48 hours, but it did not even put a dent into what we really need. In "KONA" news, as it has cleared and got colder, when I opened the patio door, he literally sat down and shook his head side to side, to say NO WAY. I had to do a double take to see that he was saying NOPE! This Dog!............,

The finality of my accident last year is finally showing progress, but we shall see. Looks like I will have permanent issues, but I will just have to live with it.

and the watch today matches pretty well based on coloring. The Band is Cognac in color, and one that I can see myself wearing into a smoky, cigar establishment, while having a Bourbon, or Scotch.

01.17.2023.jpg

Anyway, Thanks for reading and stopping by and have a Great Day!

01.18.2023 Day 4 of “El Brucero” Challenge
TSC SS Razor/Feather Pro guard
TSX Annv. Synth
LNHC TSC Barbershop
Canoe aftershave
Royall Yacht EdT
BA225450-2B4B-4831-837D-CD03F0B9021C.jpeg
the Shaving Cadre, Barber, Blue, and aquatic for the theme for today. Plus thanks to @Graybeard57 , and his. Watch challenge, for the 1st time I chose my shave based on my watch LOL. Today it worked out very well

Cold, cold, cold is the weather theme for the next few days lows between 20-25 with freeze warnings everywhere. Then it will probably go to 90. We wonder why everyone here gets sick. We don’t have seasons. We have Sun or Pluto. LOl

Anyway BSBBS today and the matching watch for the day

32413244-DDCA-4F47-9E1F-CD0624207CCC.jpeg
Thanks for stopping by

01.19.2023 Day #5 “El Brucero” watch challenge

BRW Ghost jade 5/8
Paladin PK-47 Jade / badger
Arran Machrie shave soap/aftershave balm
Williams sport
Alum
Talc
Arran Machrie Edt

DFBAEFAF-C6B0-4A84-A6F2-66B4250E3E31.jpeg
Green was the theme today, and a wonderful shave it was. Pretty tired this morning, as with recent events, tons on my mind, so the shave is the solace and zen for the day

DSBBS with the Brown and everything played well. The matching watch for @Graybeard57 ’s challenge was the Oris.
858FCE4F-4C31-4DB3-A438-09F340403E16.jpeg
Have a good day folks

20January2023 - day #6 “El Brucero” Watch Challenge
Gillette Super Adjustable/ Personna
TSC/SV / HMMW
Sapone Di Paulo- Sweet Blood Orange shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s Pink Grapefruit/Orange Rind
Omega Aquae aftershave serum
Royall Mandarin Cologne

0EE78C46-6C36-45DA-A2E3-8F292B07169D.jpeg
Orange is the color of the day. @Graybeard57 challenge is getting tougher but still holding strong. Today was fortunate as the SDP ( Eleven Soaps) is one of my faves. The Black Beauty added a nice bit of contrast and a good shave. The Omega Aquae serum is probably, if not the best, one of the best face feels for an aftershave. Like a gel, but with silk proteins, it leaves the skin feeling like porcelain. Finished up with the Royall for an Orangepalooza shave.

Of course Orange for the watch to match the shave for Brucie!
7CBE35B5-E8AE-4E17-A833-6EEF9C9C42CA.jpeg
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

21 January 2023 - Day #7 “El Brucero” Watch Challenge

Feather ASD2/Personna
Sorrentino
Palmolive shave stick
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Brut aftershave
Brut Reserve Cologne
6EA04B2B-70AD-4F10-B88C-0D5FAF045B41.jpeg
Today was a toughie for the @Graybeard57 challenge. Was in a big hurry as I had to be at the shop at 0530 for a 0615 appt. So a quick grab and go “no brainer” shave. Shave stick, and the ASD2. Was the obvious choice. Decent for a 10 min shave and Brut is always good

For the watch, again a grab and go, but keeping with the theme (barely). A knurled SS Razor somewhat matched the meteorite look and the Rose Gold matched some the the swirling in the brush, black band, black label on the Brut. I know it’s weak but it works LOL
69602456-5EB1-4EF2-BE11-7C30C48A3B7D.jpeg
Have a great day Folks

22 January 2023 Day #7 of "El Brucerp" @Graybeard57 Watch Challenge RED

@Majorrich Gold Dollar Kamisori - Asymmetrical Left
DeRuiter Carbon F1 / Wolf Whiskers Badger
THB Bamboo Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber/ Mint
Penhaligon's Elixir

01.22.2023.jpg
Nice preliminary run with the GD Kami today. A bit weird Shaving with just my left hand, but worked ok. The handle was good, however I think I am going to re-wrap in a Tsukimaki style as a tribute to @Majorrich . A bit of refining the edge should make this perfect. The profile however is perfect and there is no way you would know this started it's life as a Gold Dollar. Very happy with it. The CF Brush and the THB Bamboo made it nice as well, and the Elxir just topped it off. Looking forward to the ZOOM call later this afternoon

(Video Posted)

OK Today was a bit better of a match with the Reidenchild Wavemaster today. Not that I will ever go to 1000m but nice to know if I had to, I could. A nice helium escape valve provides that. Typical Swiss movement ( ETA 2892 ), German Design and Engineering and with the Red accents and Red NATO strap it fills "El Brucero's" Challenge parameters. being a dive watch should get me bonus points to make up for my "participation trophy" Bruce gave me yesterday LOL.

01.22.2023.jpg

Have a Good Day, and thnks for stopping by

01.23.2023 Day #8 @Graybeard57 "El Burcero Watch Challenge

Essence by Tedalus "The Wraith" / Feather Pro-guard
Noble Otter / Synthetic
Noble Otter LogBook Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Talc

01.23.2023.JPEG

Fantastic shave today, and 2nd usage of the Logbook and it is fantastic. Good 3-passes with the wraigth and DSBBS. Added some SR tips to give a smoother glide and shave.

As for the watch, any good aviator needs a good GMT watch so he, knows the time anywhere he may land, and The WW1 flying Ace is inspecting for his approval

01.23.2023.jpg
have a good day Folks

01.24.2023 - Day #9 of the "El Brucero Watch Challenge @Graybeard57
"It's All About Dragons"
(Special Video Mentions: @NurseDave , @Bill M , @Smattayu , and more )

Koraat Ice Dragon 6/8 FBH
Koraat Ice Dragon Brush / HMMW
@CBLSoap.com Iron Throne Shave Soap
Captain's Choice North Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's PGROR
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling EdT

01.24.2023.jpg

Great GOT themed shave today, including the Watch for Bruce. Cool, Cold, Firery, Ashy Goodness, with some Juniper thrown in. Fantastic 3-passes today for a cold morning that saw us getting to the teens last night. I am in AZ for a reason darnit, and cold is not it, LOL. I had forgotten how cold the Menthol, and WS-12 is together and the unique thing about this soap is you are on fire and freezing at the same time.. WONDERFUL Stuff @CBLindsay. More Errands today, and yet again delayed on sending out all the "Stuff" to folks. for that my apologies. Every time I look, or use this razor it reminds me of quitting smoking cigarettes, and the gift @AvocadoQueen gave me for doing so 7 yrs so far and good to go.
(Video Posted)

Again today was all about Dragons. For @Graybeard57 's challenge a wristwatch, or should I say Wrist Wall Clock was brought out. Although a nice Swiss Made Automatic watch with black Mother of Pearl dial, and #173 of #500 ever made, it is a bear to wear. Based on a larger version of the Sub-Aqua Noma 3, it tips the scales at almost 2 lbs, and at "Flav-a-Flav" ( 63.5 MM from Crown to end) Size, it does not get much wear. But to continue the challenge it had to be worn for "Dragon Day

01.24.2023.jpg

Have a Great Tuesday Folks, and thanks for stopping by

Back