The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Gillette super adjustable/ personna
Sorrentino Corleone
Zingari Soloist shave soap/aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Replica Jazz Club

4ED40AB4-197C-48E5-A2F3-E2A811188EE3.jpeg
Another nice shave today with all the boozy, cigar goodness. 3-passes DSBBS. Good all the way around

Thanks for stopping by

Feather ASD2 / Personna (1)
Sorrentino
Stirling Mediterranean Man shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber Mint
Omega Aquae Aftershave Serum
Stirling Mediterranean Man EdT
Talc
D7C3E176-3D49-4238-A88C-9D32AAB67074.jpeg
Finally received the EdT for this soap and it is super close to its homage of Creed Erolfa. Was lazy today and just grabbed the “No Brainer” razor in the Feather DE. Easy, Fast, although a bit mild for my face. Just requires a bit more cleanup to get DSBBS. Brought the 8/8 Wade Butcher to see the looks on customer face before their shaves today. I am such a mean one LOL

All in all a great start to the day
Thanks for stopping by

Blackand Vector/ feather pro guard
Paladin Neptune Cleo
A&E Asian Pear shave soap/aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Penhaligon’s Endymion Concentre

3CAF1DEB-27AC-495F-9DEF-D954C14322B8.jpeg
Forgot how much I liked this soap and fragrance. Dusted off the Cleo and off to the races. Admittedly I love my badger brushes, however in reach more for synthetics now a days and have considered re-knotting a whole bunch of the badgers I have to synth. Anyway if there was an Oriental Fougere this would be it and it pairs perfectly with Penhaligon’s version of an Oriental in the Endymion. 3-passes today with “The World’s Finest SE Razor” and a perfect shave.

Pre-dawn shave and drive in to the shop provided a wonderful sunrise on the road on the way to the shop. Being about 15 miles from the shop allows for a nice bit of road therapy both to and from the shop. That coupled with the symphony of almost 500 HP from the exhaust is almost Zen.

Perfect start to my Friday!

Have a good day folks and thanks for stopping by

MERRY CHRISTMAS...errr ummm ooops....

Klas Tornblom 4/8
Sorrentino Luca Brasi /Two-Band
Noble Otter Tis the Season Shave Soap
Noble Otter Tis the Season Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Pink Grapefruit & Orange Rind
Talc
01.09.2023.png
ok a bit late, but I received these after the Holiday, but This is one powerful Christmas Fragrance. Fir, Cranberry, and just all around Holiday Goodness. This set up will most definitely be a tradition. All worked in concert today However a stupid stall, caused a small vertical racing strip, but it sealed quick, and onward ho, ho ho.. Get it? I know BOOOOOOOOO

The Big standout as well was the artwork, just fantastic. Good Shave today and....

(Video posted)

KONA FILE UPDATE:
We have had tremendous weather lately and El Doggo has found a new "angle", and is using it to his advantage... The more he goes out, the more treats he thinks it will garner. Recently we bought him the "Evelasting Gobstopper" of do treats. It is supposed to have meat, gravy, veggies, and even an apple desert on in one little disc... He loves them, but also is the supreme manipulator. He has now figured out that we are on to him. So, when called in he decided there are bad people in the house that wont give him treat, so "I am not coming in" Fine we lock the door in front of him, as he watches, and go about our day. Usually within about 5-10 mins he is scratching at the door or throwing the screen door open, in surrender Husky-Shepherds is Stubborn. He is calling ACME and his cousin Wile E. to contemplate his next scheme....... For the Love of Dogs!!!

Have a Good Day!
Thanks for stopping by

Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino
The Cold One Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Pink Grapefruit / Orange Rind
Talc

01.10.2023.PNG
Great shave today albeit an afternoon shave as TSC Admin Stuff reared it head, so Chris, Chad and I were dealing with that, but finally was able to get a shower and shave. Interesting as it was when I went to the mailbox, there was a distinct odor on the wind... TOBS, I think. Prevailing winds from the Northern Bay area and a review of a Certain @NurseDave 's journal confirmed my suspicions. GEEEZE Dave did you spray on enough. Kona's Ears wilted, and Sharon has a Migraine. Tone it down a bit Sparky, LOL j/k.

Anyway Good shave and Good Day
Thanks for stopping by

(Video posted)

Otto Roth New LC/Personna
Shavemac
Lochranza soap/aftershave/edt
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Talc
CE8E6613-D4B7-4993-8FBD-713EE3804130.jpeg
Our shave Swami @Graybeard57 commented yesterday that an afternoon shave was a hard anti-motivator for the next morning. As always, he was correct however it was whisker hunt time. Good news I found some and resulted in a perfect DSBBS shave. This Scottish wonder is Scotch, peat, sea breeze and green in a combo. Plus if for some reason desperados come into your shave den. The “rock” soap container can be effective in dispatching said desperados. On the bad side this same “rock” can break metatarsal bones quite easily from a 3ft drop LOL

Have a great day Folks!

The “rock” soap container can be effective in dispatching said desperados. On the bad side this same “rock” can break metatarsal bones quite easily from a 3ft drop LOL
Thankfully, the desperados haven't been around for awhile. Perhaps they've come to their senses. As a minimalist wannabe, I avoid space-hogging gear like shaving rocks of any kind. It took me nearly 10 years to try a shaving bowl, and I bit on a $7 neoprene collapsible Stirling travel bowl. Lightweight and it will never break. It's the only shaving bowl I have or need. :)

Thankfully, the desperados haven't been around for awhile. Perhaps they've come to their senses. As a minimalist wannabe, I avoid space-hogging gear like shaving rocks of any kind. It took me nearly 10 years to try a shaving bowl, and I bit on a $7 neoprene collapsible Stirling travel bowl. Lightweight and it will never break. It's the only shaving bowl I have or need. :)
You have not been around my house. Desperados everywhere. This is AZ and the old west you know LOL

That's pretty much how my morning went. Glory be to tallow, indeed!

They must keep Kona very busy, chasing them away and all.
Well, remember, desperados for us are Javelina, raccoon, coyote, a complete squadron of red tail and white tail hawks, and an occasional cougar of the four-legged type because as we all know, Sharon is already a cougar since she’s older than I am

I woke this morning to the sound of galloping cat feet. Keeping the Elk out of the house. They keep them pretty much under control in the house.

Back