The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

12.25.2022 777SR.r2 Day 2
MERRY CHRISTMAS CADRE
Thiers-Issard la legende 6/8
Cella brush and stuff
Alum
Quinn’s pgfor
Sv cubebe
(No pic)

Again, Happy Holidays folks, an early shave , but late entry. Today was a good day, although the shave lacked a bit for the 2nd entry for this round. The software was all good, but the razor lacked that “thing”. It was still BBS, but the alum was the “tale of the tape”

So far the “Viking” is still in the lead after 2 days in

A fantastic day overall in spite of the shave. I will say it again. The Merriest of Holidays to you and yours and from the bottom of my heart I THANK YOU FOR BEING MEMBERS AND FOR ALL YOU DO

(Video posted)
With re-arranged Shave den thanks to @dangerousdon
You forgot to mention that the painting makes you look taller as well 😂

The role of @CVargo is being played by understudy Scuttlesoap today due to the holiday

Last edited:
Day 3 777SR.r2

Dorko 1151
Cella Synth
Cella Organics Shave soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's PGFOR
English Fern Talc
SV Cubebe EdP

12.26.2022.jpg
Well 3rd Razor in the 2nd round of the SR's Shootout, and what a difference a day makes. For those of you planning to get in the contest here is a "Hint" The Ti is not going to win, and may end up on the bottom of the pile. Although it was a BBS shave, I guess I have become accustom to DSBBS and that was not it!

Again a day makes a difference that the "Grail" was exactly that, not quite as good as the "The Viking", but real ,real close. The only problem with any of these shave is the Slog of using the same software every darn day. You 3017'ers have a bolt loose or something ick, ick. At least is is good software, I guess.

Since I have a bunch of Software Santa brought from Stirling, I guess we will ring in the New Year that way. 3-passes today and DSBBS.

more Manana, and a special Shoutout to @MarkB along with all the other "TSC Hooligans" in the Descriptor of my video

(Video Posted)

Have a Great Day, and thanks for stopping by

Dave, it's difficult to witness your suffering. Your Courage and Fortitude, not to mention Cojones, are an inspiration to all of your friends at TSC. I'll let you in on a secret: privately we yearn to be half the shaver you are.
View attachment 101502
Smarty Pants, LOL... and yes that is paraphrased for our younger more sensitive viewers LOL

12.28.2022 777SR.r2 - Day #5 Genco Easy Aces

No pic - Video upload

Genco Easy Aces 5/8
Cella Synth
Cella Bio Soap /AS........again
SV Cubebe
Pen's English Fern
Alum Quinn's

Day 4 of round 2 for the SR shootout and the Mild mannered Easy Aces has said dont count me out. Headed to Phoenix today for a small roadtrip, although it will mostly be in the rain, to visit a watch maker to get the Omega(s) adjusted

(Video posted)

Have a good day folks

12.29.2022 -777Sr.r2: Day #6

Wacker Chevalier 6/8
Cella Synth
Cella Bio Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's PGFOR
Penhlaigon's English Fern Talc
SV Cubebe EdP

12.28.2022.jpg

Day #6 of the self-imposed purgatory of Cella. Although a fantastic product boredom and complacency is setting in. Only one more day after this morning to finish up the 777SR.r2 and completing it with the MK*31 so it should be a good show. There are about 3 razors so far that are too close to call and these final contestants are not going to give any quarter to those already in the running. Today was no exception. This is just a fantastic razor and the performance, squarely places it in the running. As before once the contest ends, those wanting to enter will number the razors 1-7, and the closest wins. today was most definitely DSBBS, and other than the same old-same old of the products it was great

On the homefront, we are planning our New Year's Eve Zoom again, ( see the General Thread for details ). Yesterday we took "Clarice" out to let her spread her wings with a road-trip to Phoenix to get some adjustments made on a watch Sharon got me for our anniversary, and a visit to the Rain Forest Cafe, as Sharon had never eaten there ( see Food thread for pics ) It was fun, typical "chain food" but decent. A great trip overall with no cops to speak of when "Clarice" decided that "triple digits" to the pavement were in order. It was a bit rainy and cold, so those jaunts were few and far between and mostly when passing. Even when the roads were somewhat dry she decided that leaving a bit of rubber on the road, and a bit of race car action was in order. requiring some steering adjustments LOL

All that being good, when I got home in the evening after about 350 miles and all day, I check the watch for overall accuracy, and when doing a micro-adjustment the crown pulled out! GRRRR! As that was one of the main reasons we visited the watchmaker. Luckily I called, he was still in the shop, and he apologized profusely. So today off to the post office to mail it back up to him. I feel I held my anger pretty well, as I will be without the watch for a few days. @AvocadoQueen could not help but notice, and verbalize ( which did not help ) that with all the High End expensive watches i.e. ( and she named them ) Tag, Rolex, Omega, Panerai, Ball.. That all of them had issues at one point or another, save the Ball, that required long extended times at a repair shop or other issues, when the "Cheapies" ie Pagani , Timex, "Legits" etc, have run for years without even a service....... Hard to argue that one, LOL

Anyway, it is just a watch ( ya! tell yourself that Dave ) and it will be back when it gets back.... but at least the shave was good, LOL

Rant Over - Video posted and Life continues on

Thanks for stopping by...

12.31.2022 - Final shave of the Year

Blackland Vector / Feather Pro-guard (1)
Sorrentino / Cashmere
Stirling Mediterranean Man Shave Soap
Alum
Quinn's Cucumber Mint
Nivea 2 in 1 Aftershave
Penhaligon's Blasted Heath EdP
Proraso Talc

12.31.2022.jpg
Finally! The slog of the same old software is OVER! As is the Spell from ZodWog ( @Graybeard57 ) and Rook (@woodpusher ). New software, a new blade and of course the best SE razor in the known universe the Vector, made for a perfect shave to close out 2022 and welcome 2023. New razors, new Software, and maybe some new watches in 2023 will be a banner year for the C.E.C. and the Newly formed C.E.C. Kingsman!

3-passes today with the new pro-guard and this fragrance is a "Nod by Rod" ( see what I did there... I will be here all week, tip your wait staff!) to Creed Erolfa, and boy does it deliver. a 5 of 5 on the SOS and the Nivea and Blasted Heath were a perfect matchy, matchy.

Great shave, weather is nice and looking forward to the New Year. For those not making the Zoom call, we hope you have a great New Years, and thanks for being members of the TSC!

( Video Posted )

Boker 5/8
Sorrentino TSC
Striling West Indes Lime
Alum
Quinns
Royall Lime
Mennen Talc

1.1.2023.jpg
Cold, Rainy and foggy for the 1st day of 2023, but we need the rain so we will take it. This is the same storm that is dumping a ton of snow on @CVargo and @mvargo and deluged California yesterday. 30-50 MPH winds and driving rain that is not supposed to let up until sometime tomorrow, then a break, and then possibly some snow, even for us later in the week. Fun Fun Fun

So what to do for the 1st shave of 2023???? That right, do it in the afternoon and LIME. and a good combo with the Boker doing all the work 10/10/30 on the Linen / Leather / SuperCurve Balsa and off to the races. This is a wonderful Lime, one of the best and pairs super with the Royall. good DSBBS and nothing much else going on. Was planning on taking down lights, but to miserable outside, and @AvocadoQueen said no to the inside, because she has a plan. She even indicated she would take down the inside lights and tree when I go back to the shop later this week. Either that is a New Year's miracle, or something all together different. As they say however, if the boss says she will do it, then after 30 yrs you learn to shut up and move on. Like if she says "Go ahead and get it", or "Yes" in any way on any subject..... Again just shut up and go with it!

Anyway, a wonderful shave to start the year, and I hope you and yours have a GREAT 2020

Thanks for stopping by

PS: The KONA Files -Diva dog is cold so has been up on the bed "burrito wrapped" since this morning and refuses to get up..... Well except for doggie bones.... ahh the life of a Gerbarian Shepski

Cheers

(VIDEO POSTED)

Gillette President / Personna Lab Blue
Rubberset 400-4
Stirling Executive Man Shave Soap / Aftershave / Solid Cologne
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Mennen Talc

01.02.2023.jpg
Nice DE Shave with the Aventus homage today 3 passes no issues and the Solid cologne has pretty good longevity. This homage is as good or even a slight bit better than Fine Platinum, as it captures more of the true scent of Creed Aventus

(Video Posted)

Geo. Wostenholm 8/8
Noble Otter Synthetic
Noble Otter Logbook Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdP
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Mennen Shave Talc

01.03.2023.jpg

Initial shave with Noble Otter. Why I had never tried this is beyond me, but it was very nice. Artwork is among the finest I have seen on any products, and performance matches that level of quality. For a small outfit they do a great job on packaging and rival the "Big Guys" and Europe houses in presentation. Even a nice Thank You card comes with the order. What else would you expect from a Texas Based Company.

The Scent of Logbook is right in the wheel house with Bergamot, Orange, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Amber, Leather, Elemi ( a woody citrus balsamic), and Moss. It remains mostly linear in the soap form throughout the shave with all the "Flavors" mingling quite wonderfully. The aftershave is very much Cedar and Patchouli and pepper with the bergamot and Orange taking a back seat.

The EdP is very strong and lets your "Taste" all of the scent notes, but after dry down is a wonderful sweet cedar, orange, Elemi, and amberish leather.. Fantastic. Initial performance is on par with the "biggies" and it allowed the Cleaver to skate around the face with east. Clean-up can be done "sans" soap as the residual slickness is there. Post shave is very nice with good hydration. I think this may be a winner, and a new house to explore

(Video posted)

Cheers and thanks for stopping by

Initial shave with Noble Otter. Why I had never tried this is beyond me, but it was very nice. Artwork is among the finest I have seen on any products, and performance matches that level of quality. For a small outfit they do a great job on packaging and rival the "Big Guys" and Europe houses in presentation. Even a nice Thank You card comes with the order. What else would you expect from a Texas Based Company.
Never tried the stuff. Maybe I'll ask them for unscented.

Back