The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Essence “the wraith” Tedalus / Feather pro guard
@CBLSoap.com MdC style base
Hombres Barbershop Dos “Spaghetti Western shave soap
Shavemac
Quinns
Cella green
Hombres aftershave
Good fellows edt
88B164E5-26C5-4B08-8E0F-6CBA1F337B2F.jpeg
Testing day with what may be @CBLindsay ‘s best base to date, and take Hombres, as good as it is add Cella Green and or Proraso green and you have Hombres Dos Spaghetti Western. Hopefully out in soap and aftershave this spring after more testing and samples sent out for opinions. See the video for more deets

(Video posted)

Have a great day

Gillette Red Tip super speed / personna
Semogue 620
CBL beta Hombres Dos Spaghetti Western Shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber Mint
CBL Hombres Barbershop aftershave
Proraso green AS
Good fellows #6 edt
0C29D9B7-E135-446A-B59C-C165794173BC.jpeg
Day two with the MdC like base of Hombres Spaghetti Western. And again I believe that this may be the best base @CBLindsay has done does surpass Orion. The main takeaway is the cushion, latherability, and glide. Unreal! All other parts of the have are good. After the new year will be sending out some test samples for review before it is put into production for a spring release (I hope). See my video from yesterday to find out how to receive a sample and the detail

Have a great day!

I think you need to collect soaps like it is the inheritance for the next three generations at least!
The way I see it, soaps are easily available, so I do not feel compelled to collect countless numbers. And since my choices are one unscented v another, I look for the best base. I'm willing to experiment.

Vector
Sorrentino
@CBLSoap.com Beta MdC Hombres Dos
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Cella organic aftershave
Hombres Barbershop aftershave
Talc
Good fellows #6 cedar/geranium
D3E6DC27-731B-4E3A-BE70-1EEB19D5CC65.jpeg
Day 3 review of the same set up with a few small changes day to day. I am loving this soap base and I will be using it a few more times. Again, I think this is @CBLindsay best soap to date

All other items worked in concert. This is going to be a real winner after the final product is produced and ready

Thanks for stopping by

Gillette Crat #15 / Personna
Sorrentino
Seaforth FdF shave soap/aftershave/EdT
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Talc
83F60D6E-20A6-4BD0-BB39-2410EC8A4962.jpeg
A switch up today to compare bases. Good shave and my last day in the shop for the year. So a great day. Plus I got to look at this while driving to work
A7F95EE7-281A-4EEC-A68B-0C670EA91BD3.jpeg
Have a good day folks

A few years ago i posted a pic to my parents at Christmas as we basked in 67° Texas weather on the day wearing shorts and t-shirts, as they endured the tribulations of a Scottish winter although it's mild where they live usually.
By mild i mean not freezing, but they chose to retire there and i told them they'd soon settle down to a life of starvation with occasional trips to hypothermia - but the views!

T

12.24.2022 - Happy Christmas Eve Straight Shave #4000

Jerry Stark 6/8 Chain Link Damascus "The Viking"
Cella Synthetic
Cella Organic Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's Pnk Grapfruit & Orange Rind
SV Cubebe EdP

12.24.2022.jpg
As promised Round #2 of the 777SR challenge has begun. the next 7-razors in the Lineup are:

777 sr round 2 str8s.JPEG
The previous Round Winner : Filarmonica 13
The new Contenders:
1. Jerry Stark 6/8 "The Viking:
2. Thiers Issard la legende 6/8
3. Dorko 1151 6/8
4. Koraat Ice Dragon 6/8
5. Genco Easy Aces 5/8
6. Wacker Chevalier 6/8
7. CV Heljestrand MK*31 5/8

In keeping with the last round all items other than the razor will be the same, sadly, for consistency. Chosen was Cella Organic and all other accoutrements listed above. All razors will be taken across linen, leather, and just prior to shave 30 laps on the CBN "SuperCurve" Balsa strop. todays shave was fantastic

( Video to be posted )

Merry Christmas Eve Folks and thanks for stopping by

12.25.2022 777SR.r2 Day 2
MERRY CHRISTMAS CADRE
Thiers-Issard la legende 6/8
Cella brush and stuff
Alum
Quinn’s pgfor
Sv cubebe
(No pic)

Again, Happy Holidays folks, an early shave , but late entry. Today was a good day, although the shave lacked a bit for the 2nd entry for this round. The software was all good, but the razor lacked that “thing”. It was still BBS, but the alum was the “tale of the tape”

So far the “Viking” is still in the lead after 2 days in

A fantastic day overall in spite of the shave. I will say it again. The Merriest of Holidays to you and yours and from the bottom of my heart I THANK YOU FOR BEING MEMBERS AND FOR ALL YOU DO

(Video posted)
With re-arranged Shave den thanks to @dangerousdon

Back