The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

Gillette Aristocrat #15 / personna
Blackland Blackbird Brush / Synth
Ethos Succes shave soap/aftershave/edp
Alum
Quinn’s PGFOR
Talc

0C7F0BED-3017-4FD2-8CA0-C93616C4EEED.jpeg
Aventus homage day. This one and Fine’s version are the closest. To me this one is a bit more pineapple forward, and does not have the longevity of the original. That being said you can buy a multiples of this for the price of one bottle of Creed, so there is that. The soap is perfect, and when matched with the blackbird and Crat it makes for a perfect DSBBS shave. Another “matchy,matchy” shave

KONA FILES: I told Kona this morning that he has to appease his fans by writing in his blog more. His response “woof”.
“Now give me my Apple-cinnamon doggie bone, let me go back to bed, so go to the shop hooman barber boy. I will meet you at the gate tonight”

“Sigh”

Thanks for stopping by
@Scuttlesoap GO NAVY!

AE304C55-8418-4FDF-99F1-F5DF47BD8104.jpeg
A bit of a mix and match shave today, as my 1st appt at the shop today was at 0630 but for the extra dinero for a requested appt it was worth getting up earlier and nothing a extra shot of espresso could not cure

Good shave today and will knock off early to finish watching the game this afternoon

Have a great Saturday folks!

Thiers-Issard / SV Galileo 6/8
Cella Boar
Cella Organic Shave Soap / Aftershave
Alum
Quinn's PGFOR
SV 70th EdP

12.11.2022.jpeg

Wonderful Shave today the Cella Organic is GREAT Stuff

(Video Posted)

12.12.2022 - Missed Shave, Busy running around town, the shop, and lazy

12.13.2022:
Essence by Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino
Arran Machrie Soap / AS Balm / EdT
Alum
Quinns
Talc

12.13.2022.jpg

Very nice Shave today, COLD and have a few items to get the house ready for a Hard Freeze tonight with temps for an extended period of 25 degrees or less. For some that is nothing, for us Zonies, it might as well be the Artic, LOL

(Video Posted)

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks for stopping by

12.12.2022 - Missed Shave, Busy running around town, the shop, and lazy

12.13.2022:
Essence by Tedalus / Feather Pro-Guard
Sorrentino
Arran Machrie Soap / AS Balm / EdT
Alum
Quinns
Talc

View attachment 100398

Very nice Shave today, COLD and have a few items to get the house ready for a Hard Freeze tonight with temps for an extended period of 25 degrees or less. For some that is nothing, for us Zonies, it might as well be the Artic, LOL

(Video Posted)

Have a great Tuesday, and thanks for stopping by
Hunker down, light a fire, have a hot buttered rum and a cigar.

Stay Warm AND stay safe to ALL of you in the "frozen" areas, AND STAY safe to all of you others in "BAD weather" ( IE. flooding , tornado ) areas... Hopefully it's not gonna get too bad here....

Eveready 1924 / gem blade
Teton / Synth
Zingari/WCS Soloist Shave soap
Soloist Aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
3CAE43FE-B363-4A66-AF27-A10E3B326B30.jpeg
Some new software this morning due to the kindness of @Scuttlesoap. I had been loooking st this flavor for years, what with it being a reportedly boozy, cigar vibe. With all the crap I have, never pulled the trigger, and of course it became unobtanium. But that to the Soap “hoarder”, ummm I mean “The Soap Archivist”. He provided a tub, and the aftershave was still available , and the replica EdT is enroute.

The brush was also an unexpected gift some time ago from the TSC’s favorite elf. Anyway was a bit surprised that this is much sweeter than expected and not as boozy as expected. Overall the pink pepper was apparent, but the Rum Bible was virtually non existent. The cigar tobacco was the big winner here. It is very nice, but I wish there was a bit more of a whisky vibe, however it is one of the best “cigar” scents I have seen. To me it is a perfect match to the wrapper and smoke of a Ferio Tego Metropolitan Host cigar, which happens to me my favorite. Performance is fantastic as well. Although not as deep a scent as expected still a great one

3-passes DSBBS

Have a great day

Eveready 1924 / gem blade
Teton / Synth
Zingari/WCS Soloist Shave soap
Soloist Aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
View attachment 100442
Some new software this morning due to the kindness of @Scuttlesoap. I had been loooking st this flavor for years, what with it being a reportedly boozy, cigar vibe. With all the crap I have, never pulled the trigger, and of course it became unobtanium. But that to the Soap “hoarder”, ummm I mean “The Soap Archivist”. He provided a tub, and the aftershave was still available , and the replica EdT is enroute.

The brush was also an unexpected gift some time ago from the TSC’s favorite elf. Anyway was a bit surprised that this is much sweeter than expected and not as boozy as expected. Overall the pink pepper was apparent, but the Rum Bible was virtually non existent. The cigar tobacco was the big winner here. It is very nice, but I wish there was a bit more of a whisky vibe, however it is one of the best “cigar” scents I have seen. To me it is a perfect match to the wrapper and smoke of a Ferio Tego Metropolitan Host cigar, which happens to me my favorite. Performance is fantastic as well. Although not as deep a scent as expected still a great one

3-passes DSBBS

Have a great day
What was the size of the brush if I may ask ?

Vector
Cella
Quinns
Van Cleef & Arpel

381D037C-B6D2-45CA-94C3-907A5D1592C9.jpeg
This was a grab and go shave today without much thought as it was an early day at the shop with a Ton of shaves on top of the regular services in tje shop on the docket today. A quick 3 pass shave, but the blade is about gone, so not quite as nice as normal, but one to just get out the door it was fine

Being 24 degrees this morning Good ol’ Diva Kona was not about to go outside until the sun came up, so the job fell to @AvocadoQueen once the ground warmed up for the “tenderfoot”

Just now 1645 hrs, getting a chance to post as it has been non-stop at the shop. 3 more appointment with those being both haircuts and shaves leaves me getting home sometime around 2000 hrs. Long day, but a profitable one

Thanks for stopping by

Koraat/SV Leonardo da Vinci 6/8 fbh
SV 2.0 Ivory/HMMW
SV Tundra Artica shave soap/aftershave
Quinn’s Lavender
Penhaligon’s Elixir EdT
4046EE84-1776-4F0C-8B3D-14E822BD6A09.jpeg
Nice shave after not much sleep after a blindingly busy day at the shop yesterday. A more controlled day today with only 19 services scheduled today

The SV was perfect for a pre-holiday, cool morning and simply oudalicious, with some bright berries as well Cedar and tangerine with the Agar make the dry down of leather and sandalwood with some amber to finish it off. Make this one of SV’s more complex and strong scents. Finishing up with the Elixir, adds that “gothic cathedral” feel adding a holiday feeling of Christmas Midnight Mass with Frankincense and Myrr made for a great shave

Have a good day folks

17 December 2022

Blackland Blackbird Ti / Personna (1)
Blackland Blackbird DLC brush / Synth
Eleven Apollo shave soap
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Nivea 2 in 1 aftershave
Creed Aventus EdP

43467143-E81E-46CE-AB63-F96D9DBDB692.jpeg
It’s Friday!!! And only 3 more days next week, and then closed for the rest of the year!

Today is a special shave and my “watch of the day” is a part of it. Yesterday evening a special brother, and TSC Family send Sharon and I a surprise gift. A soap that I had been trying to find, and also a watch holder, which nicely doubles as a razor holder

Great scent and performance, and with my love and connection to the Apollo program and some of its astronauts. It was very special. Apollo screams Aventus, so that was an easy choice, as was the Blackbird and Blackbird brush

A great start to my Friday, and with a zoom call on Sunday and out TSC Christmas zoom on Friday it feels like Christmas!

Have a great day!

19 December 2022
Wacker Chevlier 6/8
Teton Gold Rush / Synth
Zingari / WCS Soloist Shave Soap
Zingari / WCS Solist Aftershave Splash
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Replica Jazz Club EdT
Talc

12.19.2022.jpg
Finally able to "Matchy Matchy" as Good Old Amazon made a very early delivery. I had tried the soap and AS a few days ago and it was very nice, a bit sweeter than expected to a Boozy / Cigar style scent, however very nice, and mentioned a perfect match to the wrapper of the Ferio Tego Metropolitan Host Cigar ( my favorite) and a bit of smoke on the back end. A good homage to the "Jazz" or Night Club vibe, that could be found in New York, Chicago, or what it reminds me of is a dark and smoky Jazz joint on Bourbon Street in New Orlean; Fritzel's or Maison Bourbon.

As before the Lather and shave was nice. This was the 1st run across the convex strop for the Chevalier, and it did brighten up, what was already a very nice edge. 3 passes as a nice BBS shave. The AS splash had adds a nice boost to the Soap. The star of the show was the Replica Fragrance. More Edp or Absolute strength this is a Frag Bomb at initial application with is being felt throughout the house. Again, sweeter than expected, and a but punchy with the booze and light Cigar note that makes itself more apparent with a smoky bite later in dry down. What you are left with a few hours in is a woody, smoky and lightly sweet cigar wrapper scent with some whiskey on the side. Very nice.

Also it should be noted that one of the biggest frustrations with any Frag, is that most come with very nice Bottles that are rendered useless, aside from a dust collector, once used. Replica solved this problem by making the cap with the atomizer removable to refill with the fragrance which replica sell separately at a reasonable price. Cheers to them.

Good Shave for Errand Day!

(Video Posted)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Monday!

Back