The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

I am embracing my inner HOBO
We must all be willing to reacquaint ourselves with our inner hobo. I suppose it harkens back to our earliest days as cavemen when we worried less about appearance and more about survival. A more manly time, frankly. Therefore, it is more manly to not shave every day. 😊

All points of the Compass Shave

Filarmonica 13 JMP ( Spain )
WCS Heritage Brush / 2 band Badger ( California / China )
Cremo Shave Stick ( Laguna Beach, CA )
Alum / Quinn's Lavender ( Austraila )
Suacecito Ivory Bergamot Aftershave ( Mexico / LA )
Penhaligon's Endymion Concentre EdP ( England)
Talc ( Italy )

IMG_E8136.JPG

Okay, My inner HOBO was Quashed.. It felt just wrong not shaving for a whole day. With that I should have just grabbed a bandana, a rope for a belt, and hopped on a Boxcar to parts unknown. It was HOBOGROSS. So today a luxury shave to visit the world. Great blade for the shave, great budget shave stick, and all other accoutrements. Although Hobo skippy, there is something to be said about skipping a shave. It does make the next shave that much better.

3-passes today DSBBS, and now that there is a bit of a concave edge on the Fili, it is perfect, and as are all Fili's a joy to use,

(VIDEO posted)

KONA FILES:

He knows tonight is steak night and T-bones for him so he is being extra lovable and nice today, LOL

Thanks for stopping by and have a Great rest of your Tuesday

7-Days, 7-Shaves, which is my favorite DE or SE
DAY#1
Gillette Super adj. / Personna
Sorrentino
A&E Asian pear shave soap/ aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s Cucumber mint
Talc
3BCD0334-8F79-4EFE-91C3-E60215433F3E.jpeg
Very rarely do I record videos during my work week however I’m going to challenge myself to do seven shave seven videos and I’m gonna pick seven of my favorite DE and or SE razors to crown a winner at the end. I would include some straight razors in this but it’s way too early in the morning and I’ve got a hurry up and get out the door so most of these are going to be recorded between 5 and 6 AM and posted when I’ve got time either during my workday or in the evening so we’ll see how that goes

Good shave today

Thanks for stopping by

(video posted)

Day#2 seven days, seven shaves, seven videos, DE/SE shoot out
Black land TRADERE/personna
Sorrentino
A&E Kaizen shave soap/aftershave
alum
Quinn’s pink grapefruit, orange rind
Talc

F52EC58D-F504-41EC-9FF2-8F0A5737C6B6.jpeg
Day two of the seven days in the DE/SE shoot out it’s getting to be that time of year again where it’s dark completely in the house while I’m doing the video but it was a great shave today with the TRADERE

(Video posted)
Kona is back to his normality of wanting to go out between 430 and five in the morning and then just lay on the couch cause it’s in the 60s and he loves it outside it’s getting to the point where it’s hard to get them to come inside except when I’m getting ready to leave making my coffee he’s sitting right there waiting for his treats

Have a great day folks and thanks for stopping by

Day #3 777
Feather ASD2

8AFB4C40-3A21-4C1A-B15F-3DD706DDEB53.jpeg

Another good pre-dawn shave. Being such a mild razor just bbs today
(Video posted)

Kona slept as usual until he heard me g trying ready to leave and “hey Dad, here to wish you a good day….. Not really , just give me breakfast and leave “

Thanks for stopping by

Day 4 777: Video and Contest News

Blackland Blackbird Ti / Personna
Blackland Blackbird DLC Brush / synth
Seaforth Black Watch Soap / Aftershave /EdP
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Talc
EC411B04-91D9-43F8-AA63-8FE94DCA15C5.jpeg
Another zero dark 30 shave at 0530 hrs. continuing the triple seven today with the Blackland Blackbird. Awesome Shave today DSBBS for sure, and using the black watch is just perfect. Also in the video there is contest news that will announce more on Monday.

Kona, spent from zero4:00 till about six out on the porch on his couch enjoying the cool pre-dawn air. As expected, however, he was Johnny on the spot for his treat before I left for the day.
(Video posted)

Hope everybody has a great Saturday and thanks for stopping by

Blackland Blackbird Ti / personna
SV Tortoise / HMMW
SV Dolomiti shave soap /aftershave
Alum
Quinn’s PGFOR
Talc

6FC83B1A-B58D-44DE-B438-052F1945D170.jpeg

Slept in a bit today. So instead of a 0500 bugle call it was about 0545 before I started the shave so a DE was on the tarmac ready to go. Nice 3-pass shave and DSBBS. Used the Dolomiti for both AS/ EdT. A talc finish and good to go 56 degrees, with highs only in the 70’s up the hill. Love this time of year.

KONA FILES:
As the temperature get cooler I am re discovering that our HUSKY / GERMAN SHEPHERD, does not like colder weather (really?). Opened the sliding glass door…. Nope! Ran into the bedroom, and burrito’d himself in blankets….. Diva. However, he was certainty ok to get up for treat. Muahahaha, I made him come outside to get the jerky as I closed the gate! ACME THAT Kona!

Have a good day folks

Back