The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BarberDave's Shaveapalooza

No thankfully we’re up on a pretty big hill so everything runs off the property but the road leading to my driveway was a little interesting this morning
This means the neighbors gets a river of Kona waste when it rains? 😂

This means the neighbors gets a river of Kona waste when it rains? 😂
Yeah that along with ground squirrels rabbits bobcats coyotes Javelina an occasional cougar. So it’s a cornucopia of animal gastric soup. Our neighbors aren’t that close though

Dorko 1151
Semogue 620
Seaforth Black Watch Shave Soap
Alum / Quinns PGOR
Omega Aquae Aftershave Serum
Penhaligon's Elixor EdT
Talc

09.11.2022.jpg
Reveal of Seafroth Black Watch, and WONDERFUL this is one to get when released. The Dorko performed as expected, although the toe of the raxor decided it wanted to see what it looked like on the inside of my neck. Crisis averted as it was not that bad, and only will result in a small vertical racing stripe. Rest of the shave was perfect, as all the accoutrements were spot on. Tons of self promotion and merch in this shave as well, LOL

KONA:

He took the day off and has been just doing the "El Doggo" thing and lounging. He did camp out in the Den while I shaved, and seemed to like the Black Watch, as he lifted up and "snozzled" a few times, which earned him some peanut butter on the roof of his mouth for my enjoyment of his licking for 20 minutes. If it was not for the fact he loves peanut butter, he probably would have bit me for causing the marathon of roof mouth licking HEE HEE

Thanks for stopping by, and
Video posted

Was up with the Dawn patrol today, as it’s errand day. Tire shop, car wash, bank, barber supply store, Watch store, Sam’s club, Costco, lawyer, Doctor, Cigar Shop. So todays shave was a quick one

Essence
Sorrentino
PdP 63
Nivea 2/1
Duke Cannon Randolph
Talc
Alum Quinns

No photo today, great shave and
Video posted:

Kona Files:
As mentioned in my video apparently “El Doggo” has become an aristocrat and does not want to get his paws wet during the rain, he decided to pull a WWF move this morning about 0430 and flew with a large parabolic arc onto me with a very nice body slam to encourage me getting up and letting him out. The wrestling match that ensued was all teeth, claws l, and ear biting…… Kona got is some shots as well😜

So I was up anyway, so SS and shave and on to begin the odyssey of the day. Both Kona and I had to ignore the urge to wake the “Sleeping Avocado”. As we realized that would result in bad things for both of us. So I quietly left the house to begin the journey, and Kona snuggled in for a nap on the bed

Thanks for stopping by

Klas Tornblom
Sorrentino
T&H 1805 soap/aftershave
Alum
Quinn's PGOR

09.13.2022.jpg

nice simple shave today and all "matchy matchy" 1805 is just a wonderful fragrance and today the soap cooperated. The Tornblom, as always is one of if not the funnest little sportscar to shave with. Unyielding, but kind when used right. 3 passes and all good finished off with the AS and all the other stuff for last day before going back to the shop.

The KONA Files:

Well the debate continues... What is Kona.... Brother to Wyle E? An Alien? A cat disguised as a doggo? Or just a pooch? With that what kind of pooch? Well the time has come where @AvocadoQueen has decided that it is time to do a DNA test. She is under the impression based on some of his vocalizations and mannerisms that he has Some Coyote in him. I on the other hand, based on same said actions, think he is a Gerbarian-Shepsky. The grandeur and coloring of a German Shepherd, and the Goofy, Stubborn, Spinny, broken green eyed goofball of the husky. We shall see, and Sharon thought it would be fun to do a contest PIF here on the forum to see who can guess what the DNA results will say.

Will post more as we get close.

(Video Posted)

Have a great day

Gillette aristocrat #15 / Personna
Morris & Forndran
Floris No. 89 shave soap/aftershave/edt
Alum
Quinn’s cucumber mint
Talc
4E90FCD8-C3F7-4BB0-94AC-5FAF6E6EA7D2.jpeg
All British shave today and just wonderful.

Kona conned me out of 3 treats today before I headed to the shop early early

And @heysi as long as you are looking at brushes…. Along with affordable watches LOL

63B03FC5-D3A0-4C50-84C3-0EC305709DD4.jpeg
Thanks for stopping bu

Tedalus
Sorrentino
Speick shave soap/aftershave/edt
Alum
Quinns
Talc
30278D29-F2D4-4836-B03F-FBCFA88F6159.jpeg
Nice quick Str8-like shave this morning. Speick is just good stuff for a winning DSBBS Shave. Shop is busier that heck and I am now booked solid through the end of December, with adding some extended hours a few days during the week. Hope the body holds out for 13+hour days. That’s why it is only 4-days a week

Kona files: sleep, stretch, treats, sleep

Thanks for stopping by

What's in the top left corner??? Is that...is it...a Lightsaber????

Actually it was a brush made after a light saber it’s called the Vader I have to take a better picture of it
Cool. I made a lightsaber brush once. Walmart had clearanced a bunch of these little light sabers that you screw off the bottom and it had mini toys in them so I bought some. (they were .50 cents ) I gave some to the kids and put some up to keep and made a brush out of one. The cool thing with the screw off bottom is I can add or remove weight from it depending on how I feel... I'll have to post a pic when we Finally get back in the house and I can access it again....

Last edited:
93DBEC4B-11CF-43D8-B5C8-F40232971EF7.jpeg

Otto Roth New LC
Sorrentino
CFG Ghost Town Barber soap/as/edt
Alum
Quinn’s Lavender
Talc
Demeter Sahuaro Edt
583058AE-A59E-47A5-8694-48388C12AD0F.jpeg
An oldie but a goodie, including the new. A good 3-pass shave. It’s my Friday YAY!

The weather in the mornings is getting beautiful in tje low 60’s. With that Kona claims the patio couch and welcomes the sunrise and snoozes. Now however, he expects his morning treat delivered as I leave the house…… aristocrat!

Have a good Saturday

Wostenholm 8/8 FBU
Blackland Blackbird / Synth
Seaforth Black Watch Shave Soap / Aftershave / EdT
Alum
Quinn's Lavender
Talc

09.17.2022.JPEG

Very excited for this shave today. It came in early so, of course had to use. Dennis at Seaforth was nice enough to send a full set, before the release, and it is FANTASTIC!. My full review is in my video, however there are some differences in the soap, atfershave, and Edt, but all work perfectly together. See the Video for more details. but DSBBS all the way.
( video posting )

Today "El Doggo" is on my %^&$ list. He decided at 0430 that he had an urgent need to go on patrol... after about 10 mins of his whining, he went all Wile E. on me and dragged a "spitty toy" across my face. Stumble, stumble and to the back door. What does he do? Looks at me, walks over to the treats and sits down.... Oh heck no! I picked him up and carried him to the porch and then waived at him from the window, and went back to bed... after, and just about when I entered slumber again, he decides to literally throw the sliding door with his nose slamming into the door frame, thus causing both of us to jump out of bed. GRRRR, and he knew it.

Back to bed after letting him in, no treat of course, to try to get back to sleep... NOPE now a coordinated attack from the cat ( Ruger ) and Kona thus resulting in both of us giving up on Sleeping in...... Sometimes........

Thanks for stopping by

Back